Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Tons of StatusCake false positives with CloudFlare
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Tons of StatusCake false positives with CloudFlare

ReeRee Member

As of a couple days ago I've started receiving tons of StatusCake false positives for sites using CloudFlare. Anybody else seeing this problem?

They're almost definitely false positives because UptimeRobot is not reporting anything, when loading the sites manually I'm not seeing anything wrong, and the sites being checked are on three different servers from three different providers, so I doubt they're all going up and down all day long...

Comments

  • Did you whitelisted all the statuscake ips in the cloudflare panel?

  • paily said: Did you whitelisted all the statuscake ips in the cloudflare panel?

    It would suck pretty bad if you have to do it that way.

    Thanked by 1paily
  • @Ree said:
    As of a couple days ago I've started receiving tons of StatusCake false positives for sites using CloudFlare. Anybody else seeing this problem?

    They're almost definitely false positives because UptimeRobot is not reporting anything, when loading the sites manually I'm not seeing anything wrong, and the sites being checked are on three different servers from three different providers, so I doubt they're all going up and down all day long...

    Hey. Sorry to hear that, most likely something related to whitelisting. If you could drop me a PM on here with your username I'll get it looked into right now for you :)

    https://www.StatusCake.com - Free Uptime Monitoring

  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited November 2015

    Stop using cloudflare for cdn and routing your traffic. I didn't see any increase in website loading speed on shared hosting months ago.

    Their DNS servers are fast though.

    Go give Vultr(referral) a try. | GNU/Linux http://debian.org

  • @paily I didn't, but I just wrote a program to do that, so we'll see what happens in the next few minutes.

    @SCDaniel Thanks. If whitelisting in CloudFlare doesn't help I'll be sure to PM you. (And thanks for the convenient list of IPs in JSON format!)

    @GM2015 I host a service that users embed on their site, so it's nice that when my server goes offline the service still works. Sure I could use some other CDN for that, but it was nice and simple with CloudFlare. (Not that my server goes offline often, but for something that affects other people "not often" is still too often)

    Thanked by 1SCDaniel
  • @Ree said:
    As of a couple days ago I've started receiving tons of StatusCake false positives for sites using CloudFlare. Anybody else seeing this problem?

    They're almost definitely false positives because UptimeRobot is not reporting anything, when loading the sites manually I'm not seeing anything wrong, and the sites being checked are on three different servers from three different providers, so I doubt they're all going up and down all day long...

    If cloudflare nodes in a region are having problems , statuscake might be getting a timeout , not because your server(s) is down , but because your Frontend is down/slow (cloudflare in this case)

    You can check the cloudflare's system status here - https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/

  • Rolter said: If cloudflare nodes in a region are having problems , statuscake might be getting a timeout , not because your server(s) is down , but because your Frontend is down/slow (cloudflare in this case)

    We've been in touch with CF and our new IPs have been globally whitelisted now, should resolve any issue you've had :)

    Thanked by 1Frecyboy

    https://www.StatusCake.com - Free Uptime Monitoring

  • @SCDaniel Thanks! Nothing since 9:30, so that's a really good sign!

  • Hello,

    could you have a look if all the servers that reported downtime were London servers?
    I saw the same thing.

    Btw: Here is a great script to whitelist statuscake IPs for CloudFlare: https://blog.ed.gs/2015/05/06/addremove-multiple-ips-to-cloudflares-blacklistwhitelist/

    You could just run the script as a cronjob every day or so.

    tsdns.io - free, redundant, DDoS-protected TSDNS

  • @tr1cky Yeah, FREE1, 2, 9 and 12 are the majority of the test servers I'm seeing, and looking them up they all appear to be UK based. Also some others that are clearly UK (UKINT, UKBOB, DOUK1).

  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider
    edited November 2015

    black said: It would suck pretty bad if you have to do it that way.

    You can select a few monitoring servers with Statuscake, so you will have a consistent IPs for all requests, this few should be easy to whitelist with Cloudflare, even manually.

    Clouvider Limited - Leading Hosting & Connectivity Partner || Dedicated Server Sale from £39/m - Our Latest LET Offer

    Cloud Web Hosting | SSD & SAS HA OnApp VPS | US, UK, NL & DE Dedicated Servers | Network Services | Colocation | Managed Services

Sign In or Register to comment.