Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

buyshared.net, how they can offer hosting for such a low price? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

buyshared.net, how they can offer hosting for such a low price?

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@raindog308 said:
    And so of course I have to ask about KVM SSD plans.

We're on the fence on what we want to do with KVM's. There was one discussion to roll out an HA based setup using something like HyperV and just let people migrate in time, or just inplace upgrade them to some E5 v3's + SSD storage + nightly backups/snapshots.

With the roll out of floating IP's the demand for HA storage isn't all that much. The nodes are stable with many users having 500+ days uptime.

If you want to leave your input (in PM so we don't derail), then i'm all ears :)

Francisco

• thanks to this post.. I knew buyvm quite long but don't have any service with them.. but yesterday I melted with their reseller hosting package. then suddenly I grabbed 1... haha..

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • They make enough with their other business. (selling horse semen)

Thanked by 3Francisco Rolter Four20
  • Francisco said: I actually had to install RO last night to help a customer debug an issue, I was having flashbacks.

We should play RO Private server then. :)

@Fritz said:

I never said they were good flashbacks :P

Francisco

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • RO ... sigh..the nostalgia !

• Probably not profit in them, bar some upselling.

I wonder what the 'lead' value of a stingy-let-user's email address is.

• $7.

ricardo said: I wonder what the 'lead' value of a stingy-let-user's email address is.

@ricardo said:
    Probably not profit in them, bar some upselling.

I wonder what the 'lead' value of a stingy-let-user's email address is.

Everything makes a profit for us, even the $5/year plans.

It should be pretty well known at this point that we're pretty big on customer privacy and protection, having someones email does little for us minus a way to remind them they owe an invoice. I don't think we've ever done a mass email to push sales minus when we opened each of our locations, past that emails are sent to address policy changes, improvements to services, new features we're giving away, upgrades, node maintenance, and RFO's.

We have no plans to sell any time soon, this is my career.

Francisco

• Just to clarify a little bit, I didn't think you were planning to sell a customer list.

Was thinking more along the lines of the value of it itself.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited November 2015

Hey, it's not only Francisco :)

http://buyshared.net/about-buyshared

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @FlamesRunner said:
    Hey, it's not only Francisco :)

http://buyshared.net/about-buyshared

i follow your link... and omg my eyes hurt.... theres 1 unknown creature at the bottom of the page that is half naked

Thanked by 2Francisco Four20
  • @Francisco is there available backup features for buyshared resellers now ?

@dgprasetya said:
    Francisco is there available backup features for buyshared resellers now ?

r1soft is used on lv03/lv04 and lu01. I had some issues with it working in the new cpanel theme, though, so it isn't linked on 03/04 for restores.

LV02 requires a kernel update, though, so I'm not wanting to reboot the box given we had an outage in early October. LV01 is to be decommissioned and rebuilt.

Francisco

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited November 2015

So Francisco, how's Aldryic doing?

I'm sure some of us would like to see him :)

(by the way, have you considered reissuing your SSL certificate to SHA256? Chrome keeps nagging me that you're using SHA1.)

He's doing great, collecting lots of different guns in his spare time. He won't be coming back around these parts.

Damn certificate, I'll check it out. It's been on my TODO list for a while but it got overrun by our backups code needing a rewrite.

Francisco

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • @Francisco yeah i think LV01 need to be rebuild asap...very bad performance compare to LV04...

@Ndha said:
    Francisco yeah i think LV01 need to be rebuild asap...very bad performance compare to LV04...

It shouldn't be bad, it just isn't as good as 04. With 03/04, we moved to CentOS 7 as well as a different RAID card, so it smoothed out a lot of headaches.

It's on the TODO list :) I'm hoping we'll have it mostly done, if not done, before the end of the year. The biggest issue is we need to do it all by hand since we don't want to force resellers to renumber.

Francisco

• On LV-Shared01, the disk is almost full.

94% of its capacity here.

@Fritz said:
    On LV-Shared01, the disk is almost full.

94% of its capacity here.

I saw, it looks like quota's broke and didn't alert me. Likely someones log file going insane :)

Should have it back in the 60%~70% range quickly.

Francisco

• Francisco said: I saw, it looks like quota's broke and didn't alert me. Likely someones log file going insane :)

http://bigtim.bigtim.net/junk.sh

Cleans the obvious junk off a cPanel server, as well as keeping /tmp clean add the following to cron, change -uid +1000 for CentOS/Cloudlinux 7

0 */2 * * * find /tmp -mtime +4 -uid +500 -type f -delete > /dev/null 2>&1

That should be nice and cleaned up. The issue is due to how the partitions are setup on here. When repquotas runs it'll read the exim quota folder (since it shares the same FS as /home), and when it detects a file change/disappear, it simply dies and gives everyone unlimited space.

Anyway, 500G cleared up, plenty of room considering the node is pretty close to full.

Sorry about that!

Francisco

• Been using their Vegas location for a year for a reseller account. Boxes seems to be running fine and I trust Aldrich and Francis on tech side of things. They know what they are doing, respond to tickets swiftly and take care of minor issues.

So I think their services are good value and no scam in it.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Francisco said: Anyway, 500G cleared up, plenty of room considering the node is pretty close to full.

Yep, now it shows 72%. :)

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

this @Francisco

Thanked by 2Francisco vimalware
  • @Francisco

Do you block srilankan orders ?

@vlearnedu said:
    Francisco

Do you block srilankan orders ?

Not always. Sometimes we have to deny orders from countries that we see large spikes in fraud orders from. This is never a permanent thing and isn't a common thing.

Generally, if you get flagged and are willing to provide ID that matches your paypal/etc, then Aldryic's willing to at least listen.

Francisco

• Does anybody here have Buyshared or some other (reseller) hosting with separate CPANEL login that would be able to sell it for an even cheaper price than this?

Only need few GB of space and I like to save money, plus somebody else might be interested in the future.

@Seeker said:
    Does anybody here have Buyshared or some other (reseller) hosting with separate CPANEL login that would be able to sell it for an even cheaper price than this?

Only need few GB of space and I like to save money, plus somebody else might be interested in the future.

It's $5/year - $10/year for an account man, you can't get much cheaper and expect the host to be in business at the end of the month.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@Seeker said:
    Does anybody here have Buyshared or some other (reseller) hosting with separate CPANEL login that would be able to sell it for an even cheaper price than this?

It's $5/year - $10/year for an account man, you can't get much cheaper and expect the host to be in business at the end of the month.

Francisco

He never said that he wanted to have account after the end of the month ;) maybe he is looking for a summer host.