Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do host1free survive?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do host1free survive?

rahulksrahulks Member
edited December 2012 in General

By giving away VPSes for free? Since they dont make much profit?

Comments

• Ads, donations, etc

• Considering their actual website is http://www.host1plus.com/ i'm guessing they make some profits. maybe they colo their servers for a cheap.

who knows.

• When your site got more traffic, they will force you to upgrade to their paid service because you violate their tos :D

• Hello,

We are sorry to inform you that your free VPS application has been rejected. It could happen because our support team had suspisions that you are about to use the server for malicious activities.

crap, they got me xD

lol

• @dedicados what were you doing with it?

• chinmoychinmoy Member
    edited December 2012

Not related, but @rahulks you should really improve your comments to opened threads ratio

http://i.imgur.com/x2ptd.png

• @chinmoy said: Not related, but @rahulks you should really improve your comments to opened threads ratio

Does it really matter?

On topic: they earn from Facebook, Ads, Donations and Host1Plus.. plus the free nodes are oversold. So they make a lot of money.

• chinmoychinmoy Member
    edited December 2012

@Ishaq said: Does it really matter?

Nope, except you should at least respond when others are replying to your thread.

• @rahulks said: @dedicados what were you doing with it?

Nothing, i just request 1 and they return me that email. so i never see the vps

• @dedicados said: Nothing, i just request 1 and they return me that email. so i never see the vps

What location are you based in?

• Off topic:-

@chinmoy said: Not related, but @rahulks you should really improve your comments to opened threads ratio

http://i.imgur.com/x2ptd.png

+1 from my side as well, open the thread(s), no replies later.

Also, think the first and foremost they use low cost resources (Specially bandwidth speed, as the server has a very poor speed).
    So apart from this they easily does recover the cost of IP add. with those ads, and mainly with their own promotions.

• pylodepylode Member
    edited December 2012

Off topic but i must be the only person who has never bothered to sign up for one of these? lol

• @smooch1502 said: Off topic but i must be the only person who has never bothered to sign up for one of these? lol

Only unemployed people apply for this.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I've only used free hosting once.
    VPS are free (if you are your own VPS provider like me or many of the people here), or really cheap (Isn't that what LET/LEB is about?)
    It is more of a pain in the ass than it's worth to try to get a free VPS
    besides what you don't pay for in price you'll pay for in downtime and slow performance.
    I think most people who use free VPS are like 14 and have no credit card or PayPal.

• @Ishaq i have many locations, i was just testing to check if i can get one free =), if they dont give it, no prob.

• low specs + badly oversold, their excuse: it's free

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@shovenose said: I think most people who use free VPS are like 14 and have no credit card or PayPal.

Hi, I am 37 and have multiple credit and debit cards, paypal accounts and also have close to 10 VPS I pay for various ppl and me included although I work with a provider and have my own colo server.
    I am watching the VPS market for many years and free is just one side of it.
    Coming back to the subject they closed silently my account I was using to teach ppl how to admin a real VPS. No email and of course no reason given, now they require facebook and I dont have one, not even a fake account and I intend to keep it that way.
    It is a shame because I gave them fair reviews from someone who actually tested it and also 100 other hosts.
    I am not upset, just disappointed.

• @BronzeByte No shit its hardcore oversold, its free?! Why not oversell hardcore for something you give away for free?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I think he means overcomitted :)

• pylodepylode Member
    edited December 2012

@BronzeByte If it's as bad as i imagine it to be, you probably only get to use 1 MB or 500 KB RAM LOL.

2 MB Dedicated, 128 MB Burst.. Sounds about right to me?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@Maounique sorry, I wasn't trying to offend, just justifying that the problem is with most free hosting (and especially, free VPS) situations.

• @smooch1502 said: 2 MB Dedicated

Or just 0 ;-)

• @rahulks said: By giving away VPSes for free? Since they dont make much profit?

that would be a good question if their free vps would ever be online

• @Maounique said: Coming back to the subject they closed silently my account I was using to teach ppl how to admin a real VPS. No email and of course no reason given, now they require facebook and I dont have one, not even a fake account and I intend to keep it that way.

It is a shame because I gave them fair reviews from someone who actually tested it and also 100 other hosts.
    I am not upset, just disappointed.

Same exact thing happened to me, 2 times.
    And it was very slow tbqh.

• Luis the freeloader! You still here?

• @sandro Their VPS is most of the time online..last month it went offline for only few hours in 1 day of the month.

• Lol. Bottom feeders complaining about free shits they never paid for.

• Got a message saying this:-

Dear Host1Free.com user,

>Your account was suspended...

>Reason: Using multiple VPS

>That is not the end...

>Here is what you will get if you will order PREMIUM WEB HOSTING.
               * Unlimited Bandwidth;
               * Unlimited Disk Space;
               * Unlimited Email Accounts;
               * Unlimited Domain Hosting;
               * Unlimited FTP Accounts;
               * 24/7 Support (Phone, Tickets, Live Chat);
               * Free Domain Names;
               * Live Server Monitor;
               * Weekly Backups;

>...and much much more!
               Visit premium hosting now @ http://www.host1plus.com/

LOL, What -> >Reason: Using multiple VPS
    ???

• @MikeIn said: LOL, What -> >Reason: Using multiple VPS

You signed up for multiple of their free VPSs.