Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the best anti-fraud service?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the best anti-fraud service?

solarvmsolarvm Member
edited December 2012 in General

What is the best one? I know MaxMind is good but does anyone of you use another one?

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2012

GeoFilter used to be excellent, but we had to hack it up a bit and now just use it like FraudReport (check after instead of like MaxMind's check before).

MaxMind's phone check was pretty awesome also but could get expensive.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I can beat them all with a little perseverence, nothing is perfect, not even having a call with someone.
    A good system in my view is one that filters ourt only the blatant fakes and that is 90+% or more of them.
    More than that it becomes to be intrusive for little gain.
    Real criminals and even determined regular people can social engineer most ppl, even if you meet them in person.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I find that WHMCS maintenance mode is the best anti-fraud system.

• Aldryich.

• Yeah, @Aldryic is probably one of the best anti fraud systems out there, but unfortunately he's not for sale ;-)

• TazTaz Member
    edited December 2012

Everything has a value .
    @Francisco will you trade him for a stable full of ponicorn?

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited December 2012

@jarland said: I find that WHMCS maintenance mode is the best anti-fraud system.

Well said, no anti-fraud systems are able to get a 0% fraud other than WHMCS maintenance mode.

Best of all, its free and extremely accurate, achieving 0% fraud at all times.

• @GIANT_CRAB said: Best of all, its free and extremely accurate, achieving 0% fraud at all times.

False. It costs the amount your WHMCS license costs. Therefore, its not free

• jhjh Member

MaxMind is great. BlockScript is tougher if you need something more stringent.

• @rds100 said: Yeah, @Aldryic is probably one of the best anti fraud systems out there, but unfortunately he's not for sale ;-)

Not the most user friendly system either

• MaxMind + FraudRecord is a good combination, has helped detect few abusers (mostly spammers)

• With WHMCs, you get 1000 free MaxMind queries - http://docs.whmcs.com/MaxMind. May be something to consider.

• WorldPay's Risk Guardian is among the best I've used (for non-hosting) and should be usable for hosting providers. An automatic anti-fraud system, however, is not a replacement for human controls. It's merely an additional tool.

• Anyone have experience with the PaypalPro fraud service? We have PPro but havent started using the fraud service yet.

• Hey guys, I'm having a chance to involve in the development of a fraud prevention web service. Any concerns? Any requirements? So I can feedback to my project manager. Maybe I need beta testers as well afer the project is done.

• What will be different about yours compared to MaxMind / FraudRecord? I personally find FraudRecord+Maxmind joined up does everything and FR is free. Works with WHMCS well and is being developed for HB as well.

• Most everyone lists here are WHMCS plugins? As I'm looking for a solution in PHP. And blockscript keeps people just from not visiting your site, doesn't it?

• @solarvm said: Most everyone lists here are WHMCS plugins? As I'm looking for a solution in PHP. And blockscript keeps people just from not visiting your site, doesn't it?

These are generally written in PHP.

Additionally, if people cannot visit your site, how would they interact with anything on your site?

• @HalfEatenPie said: False. It costs the amount your WHMCS license costs. Therefore, its not free

False, you can get a nulled/pirated WHMCS for free.

• @GIANT_CRAB
    That's retarded and illegal

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@solarvm said: That's retarded and illegal

Since when did people care about "illegal" on the internet? :P

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I personally think that CloudFlare+MaxMind is good enough. Not perfect, but good enough :)

• @rsk
    No one cares indeed, but it's not fair for the developers. Doing hard work to provide those that need a billing system for a very cheap price. Plus you don't get support and you're not sure that it's secure. I'm sure there are versions out that steal people's credit cards and personal details.

If you can't pay for a $15 billing system it's a good idea to not use the nulled atleast.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@solarvm said: and you're not sure that it's secure.

Hahahahahaha.

Implying that legitimate WHMCS is secure...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@joepie91 said: Implying that legitimate WHMCS is secure..

Indeed :)
    However, the nulled scripts can have backdoors, so they have an extra set of vulnerabilities to worry about, the intentional kind :)

• @joepie91
    That's why I don't use WHMCS :)

• @Jack said: Cloudflare for anti fraud someone being drinking already?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

CloudFlare keeps spammers and hackers out.
    MaxMind does the actual fraud protection.
    I don't drink.

• @shovenose said: CloudFlare keeps spammers and hackers out.

How?

• Magic, snort snort