Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"managed" vps reseller?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

"managed" vps reseller?

haseltinehaseltine Member
edited December 2012 in General

So I thought selling VPS needs some degree of knowledge in managing a server.
Now there are two types reseller they can choose to sell, that is getting a discount from providers and sell at discounted rates. Basically at the end of the day, one only gets a commission. As for resource reseller, one can expand in the future by colo its own on server or perhaps rent one. This "managed" includes all sorts of troubleshooting so resellers can move on in bad days. O.O Is there any provider providing such service? An untapped market? :O If one is to buy directly from dedicated server provider or a typical managed vps server, I am doubting if they are going to assist you at all? I mean, assume the reseller is newbie to vps

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Well, even I provide the reseller program of fully managed VPS. that's not the problem. What I'm wondering is, do you want your customers to be able to contact the provider directly? Or do you have no problem simply passing the question on to the provider.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Because I'm sure any provider will asnwer your question, just pretend it is you who has the question.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Inception Hosting offers fully managed SolusVM/Xen VPS nodes, have done for a while, it also includes WHMCS config, master set up and end user support for escalations.

Only a few people have even taken it who obviously remain nameless but they run on their own steam now they just needed to be wrapped in cotton wool for the first few months to get started, now they just pay for the node and have had a price reduction for the managed element which they handle completely.

Its a good market if you find the right host to work with, from my perspective the long term upsell/on-going revenue is not great because at some point they go off and manage on their own once they learn the ropes but that is expected when you consider it takes a degree of commitment to do that in the first place.

• Subigo !!!!

• I would suggest going with a normal reseller account before even going to the 'server management' route. If you completely don't know anything about VPS it is advisable to get a feel of things before taking more responsibility.

Even if nodes are fully managed etc no one will know what you want. Expect to make decisions, expect to make choices and what happens when they are wrong? Sometimes it's not just about skill and knowing how to do things.

• @shovenose said: do you want your customers to be able to contact the provider directly?

I just want to know if there is such provider out there. Most would not hesitate to provide assistance, but as to what degree they are willing to do so has a boundary. A typical VPS provider will be much willing to assist more than a "managed" dedicated server provider. That is what I thought.

@concerto49 lol, this isn't about shared hosting, its about reselling vps servers

• @haseltine I am talking about vps reseller

• @concerto49 I get your meaning now! My bad at a moment I wasn't so sure what you meant in the first paragraph. Happy Merry Christmas Eve btw!