Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HTTP Zoom sold and turned into a scam operation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HTTP Zoom sold and turned into a scam operation

NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
edited November 2015 in Providers

I had been an HTTP Zoom customer for the last 3 years. I haven't been notified of anything, but it looks like a year and half ago the brand was sold from HTTP Simple to Precision Technology Consulting.

This is what happened recently:

13/11/2015: I get an invoice for my active service. A £5/year VPS in the UK which I wasn't planing to ever cancel :)

14/11/2015: I pay the invoice via PayPal, the IPN fails to mark it as paid. This has been a recurring problem with HTTP Zoom over the years, but has always been fixed with a ticket.

19/11/2015: After a bump, I finally get a reply to my ticket. The representative says they don't have a record of my payment and asks for a screenshot of my PayPal. During the day, I also read about the troubles at fileMEDIA/Dedify (same parent company) and I make the decision to request a refund, since my ticket still hasn't been resolved anyway and the representative seems clueless.

22/11/2015: My ticket gets closed with no reply and no refund, HTTP Zoom still has my money but rejects to recognize so. My service with them will get suspended for "non-payment" this week. I have just opened a dispute with PayPal.

I have zero expectations of them resolving my problem and don't care anymore. I'm just posting here so any potential customer can avoid the HTTP Zoom / HTTP Simple / Precision Technology Consulting / fileMEDIA / Dedify brands in the future.

Ticket proof

Thanked by 2bersy vRozenSch00n

Comments

• Keep firing tickets at them. Worked for me in the end.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@mpkossen said:
    Keep firing tickets at them. Worked for me in the end.

Since the payment wasn't confirmed in the CMS, my VPS was going to be terminated while waiting for a resolution. Too much trouble for a VPS which I very rarely use anyway.

• @Nyr said:
    Since the payment wasn't confirmed in the CMS, my VPS was going to be terminated while waiting for a resolution. Too much trouble for a VPS which I very rarely use anyway.

Fair enough. Hope PayPal decides in your favor.

The guy running that company is really something.

• bersybersy Member
    edited November 2015

Who is owner now, fileMEDIA? My bad, got it.

edited November 2015

bersy said: Who is owner now?

PRECISION TECHNOLOGY CONSULTING LIMITED
    41 HEDGEMANS WAY
    DAGENHAM
    ESSEX
    RM9 6DD
    Company No. 07397178

Which is owned by Charles Olaniyi Bajomo, the guy which "managed" my last ticket and who I haven't seen before and has removed the "HTTPSimple" part from his signature which previous reps were using.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • Then we need to get LET "search" fixed as for your keywords at the end of the message)

• @Nyr said:
    Which is owned by Charles Olaniyi Bajomo, the guy which "managed" my last ticket and who I haven't seen before and has removed the "HTTPSimple" part from his signature which previous reps were using.

Dagenham? O shit.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • @Nekki said:
    Dagenham? O shit.

If what I've seen of it speaks for the rest of the area...

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@mpkossen said:
    If what I've seen of it speaks for the rest of the area...

Yeah, terrible area.

@Nekki said:
    Dagenham? O shit.

Wanna pay the lad a visit? ;d

• I paid my invoice of £7.50 yesterday and it was marked paid instantly. The box is also really stable:

17:57:25 up 412 days, 20:13

Should I be worried?

• Ishaq said: Should I be worried?

Yes.

Thanked by 2netomx cassa
  • @ishaq yes that the whole point of this thread my friend be safe

• @Ishaq said:
    I paid my invoice of £7.50 yesterday and it was marked paid instantly. The box is also really stable:

17:57:25 up 412 days, 20:13

Should I be worried?

No your a normal person who takes backups daily and doesn't have all his eggs in one basket

edited November 2015

Ishaq said: Should I be worried?

My box has been always very stable but the IPN problem was recurring for me. As long as you don't need support and you don't host anything important, I guess you are ok for now...

• @Infinity said:
    Wanna pay the lad a visit? ;d

I'd say yes because it'd probably be hilarious to turn up at the door and ask for a refund of £7.50, but we'd probably get mugged and stabbed by a passer-by as we left.

• laticlatic Member, Host Rep

HTTP Simple should be removed from the original post it has nothing to do with HTTP Zoom in any way shape or form.

edited November 2015

latic said: HTTP Simple should be removed from the original post it has nothing to do with HTTP Zoom in any way shape or form.

As a customer of HTTP Zoom which purchased while it was still owned by HTTP Simple, I wasn't informed of any change of ownership, so for a long time I assumed there wasn't any.

I had to guess just based on circunstancial evidence like a change in the footer or ticket signatures, no official announcement to me as a client. Anyway if HTTP Simple sold their customers to a scammer, then my recommendation is still to avoid them or any or their brands in the future.

So I'm not removing my words, you can ask the moderation team to evaluate your request if you really want to pursue this.

Edit: maybe you also want to explain what kind of relation you had with HTTP Zoom / HTTP Simple, because you acted in the past like you were just their customer:
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1087197/#Comment_1087197
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1104033/#Comment_1104033

• 8420PR8420PR Member
    edited November 2015

To me, it sounds like shit support, and not a scam.

I can't see any swindle here designed to steal your £5/year. More likely just an overwhelmed owner/operator struggling to answer support tickets in a decent time.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
    edited November 2015

8420PR said: To me, it sounds like shit support, and not a scam.

They argue that they don't have any record of my payment which is obviously not true, so it seems like a scam to me.

8420PR said: I can't see any swindle here designed to steal your £5/year.

Neither do I, but they aren't providing what I paid for AND they aren't refunding me either so yeah, effectively stealing my funds.

8420PR said: More likely just an overwhelmed owner/operator struggling to answer support tickets in a decent time.

If they can't provide the service, they shouldn't bill me for it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Nyr said: maybe you also want to explain what kind of relation you had with HTTP Zoom / HTTP Simple, because you acted in the past like you were just their customer

@latic is the owner or former owner of HTTP Zoom. Not questionable, absolute truth.

Thanked by 3Nyr iKeyZ lazyt
  • Anna_ParkerAnna_Parker Member
    edited November 2015

HTTPZoom is one of the best provider I ever had. They started accept Bitcoins globally after my request. Hope the new owner will keep up the good service.

15:14:57 up 413 days, 3:33, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

• @Anna_Parker said:
    HTTPZoom is one of the best provider I ever had. They started accept Bitcoins globally after my request. Hope the new owner will keep up the good service.

15:14:57 up 413 days, 3:33, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

That ship sailed long ago according to @Nyr HTTPZoom is the pirates courtesy of the new owner

• HTTPZoom was a good provider. They have solid servers and good uptime. I used their service from February 2013 until May 2014 for unpaid service as at that time I was hospitalized.

It's sad to see this happens to HTTPZoom.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • I wanted to give a try to dedifystack, but I see a lot of bad comments about them lately, so would I try iwStack better?

• plasticjungle said: so would I try iwStack better?

Think about it again - The answer should be yes

Thanked by 1netomx

plasticjungle said: iwStack better

Way better and from an established company.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • plasticjungleplasticjungle Member
    edited November 2015

@Frecyboy said:
    Think about it again - The answer should be yes

Yeah it seems so, I saw bad reviews not only here but on other websites also, I like reading more than in one site, for not taking my decision based just on one or few opinions, but in this case, as we say here "when the river sounds, it's water on it" I think the equivalent in english is "Where there's smoke, there's fire"...

Pitty, I liked the prices and so, but iwstack prices are quite similar so I will give a try, I saw better reviews, and at least they answered quite fast to two questions that I made regarding the 30€ initial fund/refund if I don't like the service (as I am not spammer or alike... ;) ). I asked the same to dedify and got no answer.

Thanks for your answer

• 8420PR said: To me, it sounds like shit support, and not a scam.

Reminds me with online gaming and quick accusations of 'hacking' / cheating that are unfounded

• yeah, that was very frequent with counter strike 1.6 when I used to play better.

doughmanes said: 'hacking' / cheating that are unfounded

doughmanes said: Reminds me with online gaming and quick accusations of 'hacking' / cheating that are unfounded

Well, my service is still not provisioned and the money still on hold with PayPal, so I'm not inventing anything...

Thanked by 1netomx