Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm looking for someone to take over my spare-server (E3-1230v2, 32GB RAM, 4*750GB 84€/month )
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I'm looking for someone to take over my spare-server (E3-1230v2, 32GB RAM, 4*750GB 84€/month )

AmfyAmfy Member
edited December 2012 in General

Hello!

Actually I'm having a server which I do not longer need, but was to busy to cancel it (month-to-month contracts, but if you like to cancel you have to send a mail 14 days before the month ends as a German customer)

It has the following specs

• E3-1230v2
  • 32GB RAM
  • 4 750GB HDDs with HW-RAID 10
  • 30 IPs
  • 2TB "fair use (means like if you are going to use 2,5 or 3TB one month it's fine)" @ 100Mbit

and is costing 84€ / month.

To get in contact with me, the best would be, sending a mail to [email protected]

Datacenter: Accelerated in Frankfurt am Main in Germany.

(I asked the provider, and additional BBU would make +13€/month)

(@mods if that's the wrong category, feel free to move it :) )

Comments

• @Amfy said: (I asked the provider, and additional BBU would make +13€/month)

It has raid 10 but doesn't have a BBU?

• curtisgcurtisg Banned
    edited December 2012

what provider is it with?

• @curtisg said: what provider is it with?

Datacenter: Accelerated in Frankfurt am Main in Germany.

• @Liam said: Is vat included?

Yes.

• @Damian said: It has raid 10 but doesn't have a BBU?

Not everyone uses BBU's as its not "required" to accomplish RAID-10, nor does everyone enable "write cache" -- Moving forward, YES! A BBU is a good thing!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

HW Raid 10 without BBU = sleepless nights imo, either you have the data loss concern in the event of a power cut or you have the tickets coming in regarding performance with no write cache.

I would rather use mdadm than HW Raid 10 with a small cache and no BBU.

That said I am considering this, would make a nice test node.

• Is this with ReliableSite?

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited December 2012

He stated it's in Germany and ReliableSite is in Choopa DC at NJ, USA so no it's not at RS?

• Oops, never noticed Germany! Specs look nice though ;)

• I guess i'm not getting an answer. Oh well....

• @Damian said: I guess i'm not getting an answer. Oh well....

To? It's stated there is no BBU

• @Damian said: I guess i'm not getting an answer. Oh well....

Thought it was not a direct question, but a statement?

Yes, already tons of people said the server does not have a BBU, but it is possible to add one from the provider - Also I don't see a problem with not having a BBU? As long as write-cache is disabled... ok, for production it is better to have a BBU... anyway I think that shouldn't be any issue, what do people expect from 84€?!

• DavidxDavidx Member
    edited December 2012

@Amfy said: people expect from 84€?!

the world... ..burnt starbucks coffee delivered to their front door every day at 3:45pm.. a server that eats cassettes and cream cheese.

• @David_P said: the world... ..burnt starbucks coffee delivered to their front door every day at 3:45pm.. a server that eats cassettes and cream cheese.

Now I miss the "Thanks"-Button :P

• @Amfy said: As long as write-cache is disabled... ok, for production it is better to have a BBU...

I don't understand the point of having HW RAID 10 on multiple hard drives with write-cache disabled... but I don't pretend to know everything. Is there a background to that?

• :) Amfy, I think offer is great. Can u please tell me which data center you have this? Also what you were doing with the 30 IPs, since I feel sometimes blacklisted or misused IP also becomes a problem. Will the provider take this IP series and allot a fresh one?

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited December 2012

@FRESH_DOMAINS said: Amfy, I think offer is great. Can u please tell me which data center you have this?

@Amfy said: Datacenter: Accelerated in Frankfurt am Main in Germany.

Read OP

• What do u think ? It is a nice offer.

• looks nice, do they allow virtualization?

• CPU is vt capable, so yeah I don't see why not.

@dedicados said: do they allow virtualization?

• Price without VAT?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Well, I'm still waiting on reply for my PM.

• I'm pretty busy at the moment (have to do lot of work, etc). Server is already gone, but thanks for all your interest.

Provider is/was IP-Projects, was a server from their special deals.

Anyway, want to go to bed now, good night you all.

@Damian said: Is there a background to that?

Yes, the low price of 84€ ;)

@Patrick: Thanks for helping out by answering some questions :)

@Liam said: Is vat included?

Price is with VAT

@dmmcintyre3 said: Price without VAT?

Theoretically 84 / 119 * 100, but I don't know if the provider will do this.

@Alex_LiquidHost said: Well, I'm still waiting on reply for my PM.

Traffic 18.00-20.00 EUR per TB as far as I know.

• @Amfy said: IP-Projects

Oh, Michael, overtraffic is 25EUR then (with VAT)

• this is a really great deal. 30 ip's wow lol wtf. I would pull the trigger but unfortunately my lantency to europe is pretty severe :(