Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nginx proxy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nginx proxy

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited December 2012 in General

I'm bored so decided to do some things with nginx proxy
Anyway, my question: how can i let nginx proxy all the content from a website including images from other websites and/or subdomains of that website?

Comments

• I know howto setup a proxy, it's working, but for example: i got an image from another site at the website i want to proxy, but that website is blocked and i cant view that image, how can i do that via the nginx proxy

• So website A embeddes an image from website B and you want to make C a reverse proxy for A, but have it also proxy requests to B because access to B is blocked from the place you are accessing C from?

• @gsrdgrdghd said: So website A embeddes an image from website B and you want to make C a reverse proxy for A, but have it also proxy requests to B because access to B is blocked from the place you are accessing C from?

No, B is blocked from my home, other then that it's all correct what you say

• @joodle said: No, B is blocked from my home, other then that it's all correct what you say

That's what i meant/said, but i don't think there is an easy solution for it. A quick workaround would be to redirect requests for B to C via the hosts file on your PC and then have C also proxy all requests to B.

• so, you want to make it able to view website B?

I'm quite sure if you google PHP proxy you'll find something.

• @joodle said: No, B is blocked from my home, other then that it's all correct what you say

Get your parents to stop using parental control software...

Anyways, don't hassle with NGINX for this case, go with something like https://www.glype.com/ or tor or a vpn.

• Why not use socks based proxy ? better.

• SOCKS proxy or use SSH tunnel or VPN or SQUID on remote server.