Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favorite syslog server and interface?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Your favorite syslog server and interface?

As the title says: what's your favorite syslog server? There will be about 100 devices dumped into it, and free is always better than paid.

Comments

• I've used Splunk free before, Switching to Graylog though for the open source.

• Graylog

• journald?

• Even though it is based on that damn coffee cup technology, Graylog is definitely my favorite. Works great, UI is great aswell and supports all features I need.

• So when I take a look at things, I see a "Graylog" and a "Graylog2". What's the diff here? What's everyone using?

• i think both are the same @Damian

• CFarenceCFarence Member
    edited November 2015

@Damian said:
    So when I take a look at things, I see a "Graylog" and a "Graylog2". What's the diff here? What's everyone using?

I don't know how exactly it went but I thought they started Graylog2 as a rewrite or something and now they merged it back in. You used to need to go to graylog2.org to get it. Now it redirects back to graylog.org.

I could be wrong though, but people seem to use the two names interchangeably.

• CFarence said: You used to need to go to graylog2.org to get it. Now it redirects back to graylog.org.

I do see this now... was looking at some old documentation. Thanks for setting me right on this, I'll check it out.