Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlazingFast.io - (review) just wow...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlazingFast.io - (review) just wow...

desperanddesperand Member
edited November 2015 in Reviews

I use many VPS of different providers found on the forum lowendtalk.com since 2012.
Of the dozens of them, the best for me remained the following ISP:

1. Ramnode
  2. Vultr
  3. Linode
  4. Prometeus

But I always try to find the best for myself.
And that would not create the suspense, my conclusions you can read below.
They do not claim objectivity, it happened to me, and does not mean that will happen to you.

Blazing.Fast Review

1. VPS - ultra fast
  2. Network - fast, stable, good latency.
  3. Support - impressive, they have very good support.
  4. Price - the price and quality is appropriate, but lower than at the main competitors.
  5. CP / Website - easy, and helpful
  6. Overall - f**k yeah, they do their job good!

VPS Review

Technical Details:
I've used two VPSes from them 512 Ram & 1 GB Ram.
I've cancel 1GB Ram, because i do not need so much resources.
I do not get any downtimes, or warnings about maitenances, or status changes from my monitoring.
the performance of the SSD on the cheapest VPS is not very good, but they frankly declare on their website.

CPU

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 60
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1241 v3 @ 3.50GHz
stepping        : 3
microcode       : 0x1
cpu MHz         : 3491.928
cache size      : 4096 KB

DD - SSD

# dd bs=1M count=256 if=/dev/zero of=test conv=fdatasync
256+0 records in
256+0 records out
268435456 bytes (268 MB) copied, 1.2563 s, 214 MB/s

Network Speed

Location                Provider        Speed
CDN                     Cachefly        96.8MB/s
Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          14.3MB/s
Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       11.5MB/s
Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       9.15MB/s
San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       8.84MB/s
Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       15.5MB/s
Tokyo, Japan            Linode          5.91MB/s
Singapore               Softlayer       4.18MB/s
Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         94.6MB/s
Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        100MB/s

Network

I have something to tell about it.

They have DDoS Protection (their own + voxility + some extra provider, i do not know which one yet)
They have pretty stable network for me.

About their DDoS Protection (this is actual for summer, and when they said about 700 Gbit/s Protection, but for now it's not really actual i think, because i have no attacks detected)

I've recieve multiple DDoS attacks at Summer, Multiple and Very big.
I can't to say anything good or bad side of their protection.
I can only say -> it's better then current OVH VAC in my case.

Why? I've tired to recieve DC at my tcp-based application and different reports from my players with OVH.
With BlazingFast i do not recieve any report about disconnects from players during last few month.
That is very good for me, and for services which i provide for my customers / players.

I've read a lot reviews at internet about their home-made protection, but when i understand their benefits -> i let you know.
For now, i'm only using their own L7 protection against Flood Attacks, and it's works good.

Support

Thanks to their support staff I am writing this review.

Why? Check it by yourself. I'm problematic customer, i'm doing a lot of fails by myself, because i love to do experiments, then i'm start to cry to support to help me. I have the same practice with any provider where i have services.

Check screenshots, they better then words:

Are you fucking understand that?

For fucking 5Euro, this guys works like a ants, and always helpful answers, and always fast, and always resolve my issues.
Please, this is unmanaged VPSes. Their support rocks. Something like this i saw only at ramnode.
Good job, and this thing make me really happy.

(i do not talk about vultr / linode, because their support have very weird thing, they answer fast, but just to make a vision like they doing something, the support of vultr & linode in most cases not helpful)

Price

Prices are a bit expensive when compared by the LET standards.
Sure, you can find 2GB ram in 2$, or 10005000 cores for 50 cents.
No downtime, and fast servers tell me that they are doing pretty honest business.

Their Control Panel & Other things

CP -> multilanguage -> cool, i found my native language.
Very easy, you have all permissions to do anything what you want.
Nothing really new, but it's cool.

Oh, i forgot about their firewall, you can configure firewall for your VPS
I still do not understand how it work, but i like it, i've already open only ports what i want to share to internet...

WAF - this guys have Web Application Firewall, i do not really used it, but i have enabled it. I will test it, and maybe will share my vision of that (i have very small experience with WAF's before)...

Summary

BlazingFast.io for me #1 provider.
My VPS very fast, network is stable, ddos protected and i have good latency and no downtimes.
The price a little bit high for me, but it's ok, because i know for what i'm pay.
I like their website, they do not have any knowladge base, they have good support.
They do not provide 1005000 services, they concentrate only on few ones.
So, i hope this review will help people to find good provider, like i was find it in them.

If someone have good or bad experience with them -> let's talk about it in comments, it's interesting for me.

P.S. i was read a lot of reviews about them, but i did't found many at lowendtalk, only positive words at different small communities. This is strange...

Comments

• This is just a script-kid scene-host. Had some VPS with them and always downtimes because those metin2 kids DDoS each other.

They had a hosting service before and disappeard without a reason and refund.

• @Fazzil said:
    This is just a script-kid scene-host. Had some VPS with them and always downtimes because those metin2 kids DDoS each other.

They had a hosting service before and disappeard without a reason and refund.

Possible they changed something? Something for the better?

• Anything with a referral link, and all creditability goes out the window for the review.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2015

I'm uncomfortable with the way that the affiliate link was masked. I hope you don't mind, but I think it's better that it be clarified just a hint, and I've done that for you.

• @jarland said:
    I'm uncomfortable with the way that the affiliate link was masked. I hope you don't mind, but I think it's better that it be clarified just a hint, and I've done that for you.

This guy's the best.

Thanked by 2jar ToggledNS
  • @jarland said:
    I'm uncomfortable with the way that the affiliate link was masked.

I was just about to commend the OP on clearly indicating affiliate link.

All 'masked affiliate' reviews go in my 'RUN AWAY' bin . Hope others don't repeat OP's mistake.

• That's a shame used to be 1Gbit unmetered

• that hosting no good to much lost packet, and slow network

• rokokrokok Member
    edited November 2015

+1 year blazingfast happy customer here, i never monitor or checking daily my site, just feel sometimes their ddos protection act wired. But it just works. :)

Just get their email recently here's if anyone want to give a try

15% Off promo code: LJZK7IOV84

• A host owned by a carder and mostly used by carders and hackers.

• victortruicavictortruica Member
    edited November 2015

"All of our services are provided with 980Gbps Firewall absolutely for free." - that would be the pool available for their entire infrastructure (all customers), but still sounds too much to be true. They don't offer additional info. Any comments on this one ?

"We have 40,000 satisfied customers!"
    The whois info for the domain only shows expiry date so I'm not use exactly when they go out. I'm guessing that not more than 1 year - and 40,000 customers already ? Not that likely. Or maybe they understand something else than paying client when saying "customer".

Thanked by 1ezzo
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited November 2015

This thread. Me:

Thanked by 1sin
  • victortruica said: All of our services are provided with 980Gbps Firewall absolutely for free

heh, no one has that. Verisign is probably the only one even scratching at 1Tbit capacity.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@victortruica said:
    "All of our services are provided with 980Gbps Firewall absolutely for free." - that would be the pool available for their entire infrastructure (all customers), but still sounds too much to be true. They don't offer additional info. Any comments on this one ?

"We have 40,000 satisfied customers!"
    The whois info for the domain only shows expiry date so I'm not use exactly when they go out. I'm guessing that not more than 1 year - and 40,000 customers already ? Not that likely. Or maybe they understand something else than paying client when saying "customer".

They jump around on protection some. They were with Voxility, then they went to Staminus, then to someone else in the middle i'm assuming, and now with someone that resells Voxility. They must've been doing some pretty sketch stuff to get booted off Voxility.

As for the 40,000, it isn't on the VPS side, they have, at most, a /21 under their control.

There's more than a few spots where people report bruters, spam, ddos, etc, off their site. People report it but it supposedly doesn't get handled. There was at least 1 thread on WHT about it. I'm assuming they probably got thrown off Voxility for this.

Francisco

• @Amitz said:
    This thread. Me:

The super nintendo in the background though ayeee.

• IgniteServers said: The super nintendo in the background though ayeee.

ZELDA 4 Life! :-)

• @Amitz said:

Super Mario Cart + Donkey Kong ........

• wew, i did't know all of this stuff. Thank you guys for opening to me eyes.
    For me they good, and that's why i was write a review about them, because i've impressed by alot of things. But the comments above, can explain to me much more things, and much better.

So, what you think, need run away from them?

• @desperand said:

Heck no if they are good for you stay with them.

• @desperand said:
    wew, i did't know all of this stuff. Thank you guys for opening to me eyes.
    For me they good, and that's why i was write a review about them, because i've impressed by alot of things. But the comments above, can explain to me much more things, and much better.

No get the same service from @IgniteServers

/s

Thanked by 1IgniteServers