Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ubersmith possible big prices increases
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ubersmith possible big prices increases

twaintwain Member
edited December 2012 in General

Just a heads up for those who use Ubersmith and are not aware of potential significant price hikes that will likely come with v3.0.. I actually think Ubersmith, for the needs of a datacenter/ISP/provider, is incomparable and really has no peer, but that said, there are many in this WHT thread who have grave disagreements with Ubersmith's new "equitable for all" pricing strategy poised for new customers or those who upgrade to v3.0 (whenever that comes out), wherein they seem to want to be a "partner" and have a bigger stake in "profit per 'your' client" etc:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1217980

Comments

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Holy crap that's expensive.

• Doesn't affect any leb provider .

• twaintwain Member
    edited December 2012

I'd find it difficult to believe that there are not a few LEB providers who do use Ubersmith (in some capacity)

• BHost use it.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Ubersmith wasn't cheap to begin with. Here's the quote I got from my pre-sales inquiry:

Our pricing is primarily based on the number of devices you are managing through Ubersmith's infrastructure monitoring tools. Devices at first count would include all servers, switches and PDUs. We also support Parallels Virtuozzo, Citrix Xenserver and SolusVM. If you are using these technologies, then your virtual machines and virtual hosts will also count as devices.

Entry points range from $149 / month to $699 / month, and additional fees are based on the number of customers and devices being managed through Ubersmith.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

When a company does this, something is terribly wrong, usually, or they have the monopoly/locked in enough ppl to afford it.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@KuJoe said: Here's the quote I got from my pre-sales inquiry

Same as I got when I asked.