Freenom cancels domain with IPv6 only website
I have a few unimportant free domain names from Freenom. They've been working fine for over a year. However, today I got an e-mail:
The Freenom Review Team has visited your website today.
Your domain: XXXX.ML
We found that the free domain name and/or the website address you used
with your free domain name was not accessible or did not follow the
guidelines set in our terms and conditions.
It may well be that you are still working on the content of your website
and/or using your domain for other means. We kindly request to start using
your new domain soon according to the terms and conditions . . .
In a few days from now we will visit your website again. To prevent domain
hijacking all domains that are not accessible or not follow the guidelines
set in our terms and conditions will be cancelled.
Interestingly that site follows the guidelines and has had content for over a year. It is however, IPv6. They do provide for AAAA records on their DNS setup, but I guess the people (or bot) checking don't have IPv6 enabled. I think that's embarrassing for that kind of business. Anyway, I just wanted to give a heads up since there's so little information about actual experiences with Freenom.