Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using Plesk + Openvz? What's the avg RAM usage?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using Plesk + Openvz? What's the avg RAM usage?

redjerseyredjersey Member
edited December 2012 in Help

http://www.netsys-online.com/en/parallels/endkunden.html

I'm thinking of getting a 10 domain Plesk 11 license for my openvz vps, however I'm not sure how much RAM it will take from my vps

So if you are using plesk 11 + openvz can you please tell me the avg RAM usage? thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Well I ve bought the exact same plan on your link and I m running on an OpenVZ platform with 2 GB RAM and 512 MB burstable

Acccording to Plesk admin panel, here is the resource usage;

Memory Usage Total Used Free
    2.50 GB 561.33 MB 1.95 GB

• Get a 512mb KVM if you can, runs nicer I've noticed.

• Agreed with @AsadHaider I have a Plesk 11 running on a 512MB KVM container hosted by Prometeus it runs rather smoothly.
    My average RAM usage is:
    free -m
    total used free shared buffers cached
    Mem: 502 419 83 0 106 174
    -/+ buffers/cache: 138 364
    Swap: 980 56 924

• please post results, i have a bad reference with plesk, even running in 16gb ram, windows dedicated, was very slow
    maybe because of windows...

• Ya, windows takes a lot more resources... mostly because people on the windows platform are trying to use ASP, .NET, Coldfusion, IIS, E-mail server, MSSQL all at the same time and a lot of these things are not ram friendly. Unless you need .NET, ASP or something proprietary to windows, if your are going to use Plesk I would suggest running it on Linux.

• @dedicados said: please post results, i have a bad reference with plesk, even running in 16gb ram, windows dedicated, was very slow

maybe because of windows...

What results do you want? I can run a test for you

• RosenCruz, morning, well, im going out right now, but if you can paste usage of Plesk in linux.

i use windows because the .asp, .aspx and more, but was a totally crap, still cant get plesk to work, nameservers never respond. i open a thread on parallels -> http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=662389

and now i cant uninstall plesk, only if i reinstall the server.