Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVZ & KVM Servers | 100% Network Uptime & Power SLA Guarantee
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVZ & KVM Servers | 100% Network Uptime & Power SLA Guarantee

IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
edited November 2015 in Offers

Current Promo's (Applied to first invoice only)

• 25% Off Coupon Code : 25%OFF
  • 5% Account Credit for BTC Transactions
  • 30% Off Coupon Code on Disaster Storage 30%OFFST

All Plans Come With

• 1 IPv4
  • 1 IPv6 (London Server will have /64 IPv6 Subnet)
  • 1Gbps Network Speed
  • Beta DDoS Protection

OpenVZ (London)

• 256MB RAM/128MB vSWAP-1TB BW-1CORE-25GB RAID STORAGE ($4.50/qtr)
  • 512MB RAM/256MB vSWAP-2TB BW-1CORE-50GB RAID STORAGE ($2.50/mo)
  • 1024MB RAM/512MB vSWAP-3TB BW-2 CORES-75GB RAID STORAGE ($4.50/mo)
  • 2048MB RAM/512MB vSWAP-4TB BW-4 CORES-95GB RAID STORAGE ($5.50/mo)
  • 3072MB RAM/512MB vSWAP-5TB BW-4 CORES-115GB RAID STORAGE ($6.50/mo)

OpenVZ (Canada)

• 256MB RAM/128MB vSWAP-1TB BW-1CORE-25GB RAID STORAGE ($5.85/qtr)
  • 512MB RAM/256MB vSWAP-2TB BW-1CORE-50GB RAID STORAGE ($2.95/mo)
  • 1024MB RAM/512MB vSWAP-3TB BW-2 CORES-75GB RAID STORAGE ($3.95/mo)
  • 2048MB RAM/512MB vSWAP-4TB BW-4 CORES-95GB RAID STORAGE ($4.95/mo)
  • 3072MB RAM/512MB vSWAP-5TB BW-4 CORES-115GB RAID STORAGE ($5.95/mo)

KVM (Los Angeles)

• 256MB RAM/128MB SWAP-500GB BW-1CORE-25GB RAID STORAGE ($3.50/mo)
  • 512MB RAM/256MB SWAP-1TB BW-2CORE-50GB RAID STORAGE ($4.50/mo)
  • 1024MB RAM/512MB SWAP-2TB BW-2 CORES-75GB RAID STORAGE ($5.50/mo)
  • 2048MB RAM/512MB SWAP-3TB BW-2 CORES-95GB RAID STORAGE ($6.50/mo)

All KVM Plans come with windows 2008 ISO

Disaster Storage Vault (Los Angeles)

-512MB RAM/4 CORES/5TB BW/1IPv4 -Plans Start At 500GB ($0.016/GB)mo

Upgrades & Add On Pricing

• Additional IP's ($2.00/Month)
  • Premium Support & Management ($45.00/Month)
  • Additional Storage ($0.016/GB-Month)
  • UnMetered Premium Bandwidth ($15.00/Month)
  • High CPU / IO ($5.00/Month)
  • cPanel ($13.00/Month

Network & DataCenters Overview

SLA Overview

AUP Overview

Contact Us

• Support: [email protected]
  • Immediate Help: Live Chat Onsite
  • Phone Support: +1 (844) 472-9258

Comments

• can you tell normal price (after first month) for every package?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Interesting.

256MB RAM/128MB vSWAP-1TB BW-1CORE-25GB RAID STORAGE ($4.50/qtr)

and this:

UnMetered Premium Bandwidth ($15.00/Month)

Which London DC is it in?

• @robohost said:
    can you tell normal price (after first month) for every package?

The prices in the thread are the prices without any discounts. The discounts can be applied upon checkout.

@AnthonySmith said:

VIRTUS LONDON1 Enfield

• 100% packet loss guarantee?

• thanks for your answer, and what raid type are you use?

• Are you guaranteeing 100% packet loss (which is useless), or 0% packet loss (which is impossible)?

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    100% packet loss guarantee?

Thanks just noticed that also, fixed it.

@robohost said:

Canada and London RAID1, Los Angeles RAID10

@tehdan said:
    Are you guaranteeing 100% packet loss (which is useless), or 0% packet loss (which is impossible)?

I noticed that I edited it with the fix.

• 0% packet loss is /impossible/ - you /do not/ have infinite bandwidth available.

• @tehdan said:
    0% packet loss is /impossible/ - you /do not/ have infinite bandwidth available.

https://www.igniteservers.com/sla.html

It's not even guaranteed according to their official SLA.

Thanked by 1tehdan
  • tehdantehdan Member
    edited November 2015

You can basically get a free server here - just run tcpdump on it, have a script pull out the large number of completley normal packet drops and email them for service credit.

before anyone accuses me of persecuting @igniteservers I would like to point out that I've only pulled him up on claiming to be able to do the impossible. I haven't gone anywhere near his IPv6 ignorance and doing things that are merely extremely bad practice.

If he actually listens it might save him from going bankrupt by being forced to give a bunch of people free service for life.

• What's an acceptable method to monitor packet loss? What if it's local network loss or someone with a crap connection?

Unlimited in London sounds nice, what's the catch?

• IRC Bots / Bouncers (Must Purchase I/O Priority) In order to run this software on our network. If you do not purchase I/O Priority your service will be terminated.

Extra fee for using I/O for IRC? IRC is like one of the least hungry things to run on a VPS :(

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited November 2015

@Jonchun said:

Just noticed the packet loss portion was not in the SLA. Thanks for catching that for me, cheers.

Edit (Edited the topic header until I update the packet loss to SLA).

• @AnthonySmith said:

>

Probably Clouvider.

@IgniteServers what's your ddos mitigation platform?

• tehdan said: You can basically get a free server here - just run tcpdump on it, have a script pull out the large number of completley normal packet drops and have a script email them for service credit.

Only worth coding this up if you have a need for and sign up for 10 servers at a time or so. Not worth implementing to save $4.50/qtr, right?

edited November 2015

@linuxthefish said:
    What's an acceptable method to monitor packet loss? What if it's local network loss or someone with a crap connection?

The SLA applies to packets from IgniteServers network to the providers network. The SLA does not apply to other parties.

Unlimited in London sounds nice, what's the catch?

No catch besides the speed at 5TB from 1Gbps to 400Mbps

@linuxthefish said:
    Extra fee for using I/O for IRC? IRC is like one of the least hungry things to run on a VPS :(

We still like to have it as an add on for those who plan on constantly utilizing CPU or I/O.

• @PetaByet said:
    IgniteServers what's your ddos mitigation platform?

DDoS protection is in beta mode. We have created an advanced script that works on the concept of dropping excessive data packets and blocking that particular source for a given time period this reduces the attack power exponentially. We have tested the script a bit and are still working to improve it.

• @tehdan said:
    You can basically get a free server here - just run tcpdump on it, have a script pull out the large number of completley normal packet drops and email them for service credit.

before anyone accuses me of persecuting igniteservers I would like to point out that I've only pulled him up on claiming to be able to do the impossible. I haven't gone anywhere near his IPv6 ignorance and doing things that are merely extremely bad practice.

If he actually listens it might save him from going bankrupt by being forced to give a bunch of people free service for life.

No problem man your fine I have no problem with answering any of your questions or listening to any advise to better my products or my company. Besides its what the forum is for listen, learn and provide great services.

I would like to know more about me claiming to do the impossible though if you see anything that is bad practice feel free to pm me I have nothing but time to learn and perhaps better myself and IgniteServers.

Thanks.

• Can we install Windows with own licence from own ISO?

• @IgniteServers - Thanks for the above, I'm sorry to criticize - but promising something that it is not possible to deliver is a situation where everyone loses out.

Packet loss (the intentional discarding of packets) is an entirely normal part of (packet switched) networking, its the basic mechanism of congestion control. Any time a link (eg the ethernet port(s) shared between your VMs) gets close to capacity, it will start dropping packets and the machine on the other end will understand this as a signal to slow down. If this didn't happen, someone running speedtest would totally DOS your network for the duration. This will happen to you - every day, it just mostly goes un-noticed because TCP or the application quietly handles the retransmission etc, so 0% packet loss really is impossible to provide (without infinite bandwidth).

Unfortunately you can't easily distinguish this from the other sort of packet loss (the unintentional discarding of packets) that might indicate a faulty router/fibre or unreasonably overloaded server just by looking at the data - every host/network will have different behaviour depending on its use, which of course on a VM host is highly variable. I'm not aware of anyone that does an SLA based on even limited packet loss, its a big risk as its a bit like SLA'ing the weather.

Thanked by 1IgniteServers
  • bouncer(znc) should be fine in 128RAM too. why need to pay extra fee for I/O?

• @Anna_Parker said:
    Can we install Windows with own licence from own ISO?

Yes you can.

@myshahrul said:
    bouncer(znc) should be fine in 128RAM too. why need to pay extra fee for I/O?

This is why you should contact us before purchasing a package of unsure, depending on what is being ran on the server we will let you know if the I/O upgrade is needed or not.

• @IgniteServers said:
    This is why you should contact us before purchasing a package of unsure, depending on what is being ran on the server we will let you know if the I/O upgrade is needed or not.

A bouncer shouldn't need the high IO requirement. Also I didn't realize you were exempt from the rules.

3072MB RAM/512MB SWAP-3TB BW-4 CORES-115GB RAID STORAGE ($7.50/mo)

• Ok, the add on is still available for clients who need it ..........

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited November 2015

Not going to answer about you being exempt from the rules? The maximum recurring monthly for a VPS is $7.

Low End offers only. Currently a price point must be met
    VPS must not exceed USD$7/month recurring on monthly billing, with no setup fee, or

edited November 2015

>

Edit: Sorry didn't know the question or statement whatever it was meant that much to you but if it helps I already flagged a mod to remove the one offer over $7.00 hopefully this settles you. Didn't even notice when making the thread but thanks for pointing it out for me.

Cheers.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

IgniteServers said: flagged a mod

Fixed :)

• @jarland said:
    Fixed :)

Thanks much mate.

• Looks like this page is already invalid, Given todays sudden price increase from the move

• @DrFallen said:
    Looks like this page is already invalid, Given todays sudden price increase from the move

Been about 5 days since this thread was made, but your right within those days a lot has changed so prices have also changed as well as new locations and new hardware added.

The higher prices are the direct effect of new and premium hardware as well as premium new locations.

This discussion has been closed.