Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[UK/USA] November Xen Blowout - Just £22.50 per YEAR - No extra VAT!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[UK/USA] November Xen Blowout - Just £22.50 per YEAR - No extra VAT!!

jhjh Member
edited November 2011 in Offers

Hello

After an amazing October OpenVZ blowout, we are nearing capacity on that platform, but we now have a lot of space on our Xen platform.

We have a lot of the following to sell this week based at either Manchester, UK or Scranton, USA on our own nodes.

10GB RAID Disk
256MB RAM + 256MB SWAP
750GB Bandwidth
FREE Redundant DNS Hosting
FREE 5GB Offsite FTP Space
FREE Basic Management
FREE IPv6

Price: £22.50 per YEAR

Test IPs:
UK: 91.227.124.140
USA: 64.191.121.245

Order link: https://www.qualityservers.co.uk/cp/cart.php?a=add&pid=160

Comments

• How many avaliable cores?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

My one from a few months ago has access to 4 cores.

• jhjh Member

It's a similar offer to September's and comes with 4 cores.

• Any disk addon?

• jhjh Member

How much do you need?

• So why don't you charge VAT anymore?

• @Christian said: So why don't you charge VAT anymore?

Included on the price, in some way? :P

• @yomero said: some

But what about not EU members? They shouldn't pay VAT...

• @Christian said: But what about not EU members? They shouldn't pay VAT...

Price is same but without VAT.

• They are most likely paying the difference themselves.

• Not paying the difference themselves but taking the difference themselves.

• If you not in EU, that's the price.
    If you are in EU, that's already include VAT
    So it'll not deducted VAT if you not a EU user.

I've one plan with them.

• jhjh Member

We're paying the difference, not taking it. Every quarter we get a VAT rebate so I'm happy to absorb the cost of the VAT where applicable as we actually make more as a VAT-registered company than we would do without VAT registration.

• Allow torrenting and the like?

• jhjh Member
    edited November 2011

IRC/VPN/Torrents/etc.

For private and legal use in the UK, and as long as your use of these (torrents in particular which can drain system IO) don't impact on other users on the node, it's fine.

Thanked by 1drmike
  • thanks. Was just curious.

• Is this one fully managed as the one offered on September?

• Good.let'go.

• jhjh Member

It's basic managed. Essentially it's the same idea but I've changed the term used to describe it as some people thought it more accurate.

• I wondering if existing customers will be sooner or later forced into upgrade to announced and more expensive cloud VPS platform or just quit?

Finally, just to let you know, I can confirm that our company will be moving into cloud hosting services and will commence trading as UK Cloud, and moving away from traditional VPS hosting. I want to confirm that existing customers are not affected by this change of direction (existing nodes will stay online) however we in the future we will be inviting and recommending that those with an existing VPS hosting important data to transfer over to a cloud VPS. The cloud VPS will likely be slightly more expensive that the current arrangement, however increased performance and stability will be key features. After this is complete, we will attempt to sell off all remaining space on our nodes and decommission unused (ideally the older) nodes before discontinuing the sale of new traditional VPSs.

What if "in the future" customers will not accept your invitation to slightly more expensive platform?

• jhjh Member
    edited November 2011

@Spirit said: I wondering if existing customers will be sooner or later forced into upgrade to announced and more expensive cloud VPS platform or just quit?

No one is being forced to do anything: "I want to confirm that existing customers are not affected by this change of direction (existing nodes will stay online)". In fact, existing customers will benefit from the extra resources we're putting into the company to grow the cloud side.

• Thank you for clarifying.

• @yumiVPS said: Good.let'go.

I'm so glad you figured that out for yourself.