Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NodeDeploy - openvpnas on yearly offer?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NodeDeploy - openvpnas on yearly offer?

krs360krs360 Member
edited December 2012 in General

I am getting an error upon attempting to start openvpnas server

Error:

iptables service not started because of error (SVC_RUN_EXCEPT)

I am assuming that there are some modules that need enabling before it will work correctly - I did go into the control panel and enable tun/tap and PPP although when I attempt to run /usr/sbin/pppd I just get the error message of no such file/folder or something to that effect.

I've raised a ticket with them now asking them to take a look into it, the VPN side of things is simply to bypass the restrictive filtering at college. Is it missing modules on the node or something I need to create on my end?

Thanks.

Comments

• I just had this same situation with Chicago VPS. You need to ask for the following modules to be enabled on the node:

ipt_mark
    ipt_MARK
    tun

• @Nekki I have updated the ticket - were you receiving the same error message prior to mark and MARK being enabled?

Cheers

@PhilND - just in case he's around :p

• @krs360 said: I have updated the ticket - were you receiving the same error message prior to mark and MARK being enabled?

Yep, exactly the same one.

• It will be enabled in the morning. On my phone Atm. Don't have access to a decent ssh client. (Its 10:30 pm here)

• krs360krs360 Member
    edited December 2012

no worries at all. which os on phone? found connect bot for android to be awesome and free along side a 5 lined kb with arrow keys.

thanks for the reply Ben.