Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM ISO
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM ISO

zafouharzafouhar Veteran
edited November 2015 in General

Hello,

I'm having a hard time locating where I need to wget ISO's so that they show in media sync in SolusVM?

I tried placing it under:

/home/solusvm/kvm/

/home/solusvm/kvm/driver

/home/solusvm/kvm/iso links to /home/solusvm/xen/iso

Anyone know if its somewhere else I need to place it?

Comments

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    /home/solusvm/kvm/iso

is the right folder. The ISO needs to be wget on the master and slaves or just master and then media-sync to slaves.

• @SpeedBus said:

> /home/solusvm/kvm/iso
    > 

is the right folder. The ISO needs to be wget on the master and slaves or just master and then media-sync to slaves.

No slaves, just one master. The iso is at /home/solusvm/kvm/iso but its not showing under Media Sync or under Add ISO.

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 260046848 Oct 28 10:24 gparted-live-0.24.0-2-i586.iso

• In /home/solusvm/kvm I have this

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root solusvm 21 Nov 4 13:28 iso -> /home/solusvm/xen/iso

• That was my bad, I managed to add it fine now both in Add ISO and synced it through Media Sync, but its not showing in client area still why would that be?

• @zafouhar said:
    That was my bad, I managed to add it fine now both in Add ISO and synced it through Media Sync, but its not showing in client area still why would that be?

Have you added into a Media Group, and the User/VM has access to that Media Group?

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • @AshleyUk said:
    Have you added into a Media Group, and the User/VM has access to that Media Group?

The issue was that the VM didn't have access to that media group. I guess there's a bunch of steps involved for a task that should take one minute!
    Thanks for everyone's help.

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • smansman Member
    edited November 2015

@zafouhar said:
    Thanks for everyone's help.

Yes several steps. It's not really designed for bulk adds. There is a trick where you do not need to have the file on the master. You can create an empty file name instead. As long as the file name matches the real file name on the slave. Saves a lot of space on the master.