Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

APNIC IPs Lease/Buy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

APNIC IPs Lease/Buy

leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello,

I am looking to buy or lease APNIC IPs. If anyone is leasing/selling them, please PM me.

Thanks

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

you can request directly from APNIC.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@Clouvider said:
    you can request directly from APNIC.

We already have the APNIC /21 allocation, they cannot provide any more IPs.

• AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited November 2015

Register a new company name, and sign up again @ APNIC.. :)

Sorted.

Like...
    LeapSweetch Networks :-P

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @AutoSnipe said:

Sorted.

Like...

This seems to Solve your problem @leapswitch

Nailed it Good thinking @AutoSnipe

Thanks guys, I am already considering that option. However, looking at lease/buy as well which takes lesser time. Indian company registrations and maintenance are PITA :(

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

What size of block do you require?

We are looking at 1 /22 or 1 /21

@leapswitch said:
    We are looking at 1 /22 or 1 /21

1) It will probably cost you quite a bit, and

2) Once the depletion continues your price will likely rise

3) If you lease from someone there is always the risk of the middleman

I would honestly advise you to arrange for the allocation directly where possible.

@Clouvider said:
    I would honestly advise you to arrange for the allocation directly where possible.

Thank you for the details. We are looking to lease for some short term customers , and looking to buy for our own long-term usage.

• @leapswitch
    OT, but what are you doing with that much IPs in India?..

@erkin said:
    leapswitch
    OT, but what are you doing with that much IPs in India?..

We operate colo (shared/vps/dedi/colo) out of 2 DCs in Pune.

Thanked by 1erkin
  • @leapswitch

Can you to tell me how much 10 IP's would cost. I want them to be registered in my name. Do they sell IP's to individuals?

@bitcubate said:
    leapswitch

Can you to tell me how much 10 IP's would cost. I want them to be registered in my name. Do they sell IP's to individuals?

It is not possible to have 10 IPs. Minimum is a /24 or 256 IPs. You would need to contact APNIC for opening an account and requesting the resources.

• leapswitch said: Indian company registrations and maintenance are PITA :(

You know you can open a company in HK or SG via a broker for like 300EUR or for like 150EUR if you have a visa and fly there personally? A UK company costs around 80EUR with office service and you can sign it up for APNIC just fine if you use the IPs within APNIC area.

You can pay APNIC from any bank account/CC so you don't need a bank account for the new company.

• William said: You know you can open a company in HK or SG via a broker for like 300EUR or for like 150EUR if you have a visa and fly there personally? A UK company costs around 80EUR with office service and you can sign it up for APNIC just fine if you use the IPs within APNIC area.

You can pay APNIC from any bank account/CC so you don't need a bank account for the new company.

Awesome, but isn't it risky?

• Why would it be? A UK company is directly registered on your data with companieshouse, if the broker goes bankrupt you get the "auth code" from companieshouse and just move it to another broker. You share a common address with all companies from them (or at least a few) but can also get a "dedicated" PO Box in UK, but i don't know if you have to sign personally for that sign-up.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • William said: Why would it be? A UK company is directly registered on your data with companieshouse, if the broker goes bankrupt you get the "auth code" from companieshouse and just move it to another broker. You share a common address with all companies from them (or at least a few) but can also get a "dedicated" PO Box in UK, but i don't know if you have to sign personally for that sign-up.

This sounds interesting and I need to research this more in the coming days. But this is not for AFNIC purposes. Their IP's are expensive 500AUD+1000AUD per year for /24.

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

AFNIC does not offer IP space.

• @William said:

Do you have a recommendation for a UK company formations broker? My old one is getting unreliable.

• Companiesmadesimple works well.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @AutoSnipe said:

Sorted.

Like...

XD

• @William said:
    Companiesmadesimple works well.

Ironically that's the company I'm having difficulties with.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited November 2015

@William said: You know you can open a company in HK or SG via a broker for like 300EUR or for like 150EUR if you have a visa and fly there personally?

Current HK company incorporation fee alone is HK$ 1720 plus obligatory Business Registration with tax office HK$ 2250. This alone translates to € 450 or US$ 520. Figure another ~HK$ 1000 service provider fee for putting everything together for you hassle free.

On top of this, you need to pay for a HK registered office address plus HK resident company secretary ~HK$ 4000 all told. Holding company with no business carried out so no need for company books audit, but figure ~HK$ 2000-4000 for bookkeeping and filing annual Profits Tax Return, depending on service provider (figure twice that if you carry out any business and need audit done). Low end offers cater to PRC clients, so usually only Mandarin/Cantonese spoken.

Current HK$/€ rate is ~8.70, so total annual cost of such holding company in HK will set you back ~€ 1200 or ~US$ 1400 (not counting the one time initial co incorp fee HK$ 1720).

This said, "running" a company in HK is completely hassle free, that is to say essentially zero work on the part of the shareholders/directors, except paying the above listed fees once a year :)

A few words of caution about self service: while you can come and incorporate a company in HK by yourself, you can't run one without a HK resident involved. This aside, without experienced help, you are likely to wind up paying hefty penalties running into many thousands of HK$. I speak from personal experience, having chosen the self service option early on. Living in HK on and off, with multiple own and friends' companies under management, wound up setting up a professional service provider in this area ;)

A UK company costs around 80EUR with office service and you can sign it up for APNIC just fine if you use the IPs within APNIC area.

Yep, much cheaper to set up in UK. After that, much more hassle maintaining the company with monthly or quarterly reporting requirements in UK/EU. Not to mention VAT, profits tax, capital gains and/or witholding tax implications, all of which are absent in HK :)

• @Gunter said:
    Ironically that's the company I'm having difficulties with.

1stformations ?

• @RockBeltHOST said:
    1stformations ?

I was searching for reviews on that company recently. Have you had good experiences with it?

• aglodek said: After that, much more hassle maintaining the company with monthly or quarterly reporting requirements in UK/EU. Not to mention VAT, profits tax, capital gains and/or witholding tax implications, all of which are absent in HK :)

No, as you don't use the UK company for anything - you only get the APNIC account with it and then use it for your main company. No income/profit.

• @William said: No, as you don't use the UK company for anything - you only get the APNIC account with it and then use it for your main company. No income/profit.

No reporting requirements for Plc's at all in UK now, are there? VAT regs don't apply any more either? Wow! This is great news. Many thanks for setting me straight, William (assuming you really know what you're talking about, of course ;)

• aglodek said: No reporting requirements for Plc's at all in UK now, are there? VAT regs don't apply any more either?

If you do not trade you do not have any VAT reg and no accounting either, the company does not trade in the end - all your sales are over the existing company, you just get the IPs free subleased to it.

• RolterRolter Member
    edited November 2015

@leapswitch said:
    Indian company registrations and maintenance are PITA :(

Get it done at a smaller town or place , i register 3-5 companies every month for different purposes and it only takes around 3 days for each registration , gets done even faster if you know the person incharge.

But you need to file the dormant accounts and the annual return annually. It costs to prepare them too.

Thanked by 1aglodek