Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for a dedicated server or vps!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for a dedicated server or vps!

martip07martip07 Member
edited December 2012 in Help

Hi:

I am looking for a dedicated server, something similar to data shack offers.

Or a VPS at least with 3ips 16gb ram or more, more than 200gb hdd and anything else that you can offer.

Budget: 85 dollars.

Need it for 2 minecraft servers.

Comments

• Any preferred location? Please PM me and we could possibly work something out.

• Something located in US (it will have connections from Europe and south America).

• We have dedicated servers located in California, USA.

Let me know if you're interested.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2012

Well given your Ram requirements OpenVZ is ruled out, and honestly I don't think you have much chance of getting 16GB on Xen or KVM for $85

With such a small budget p/MB for Xen or KVM you might be better off with a cheaper dedi with a single disk and an older processor.

Or failing that perhaps think outside the box a little, see if ChicagoVPS will allow you to buy 2 x 8GB VPS's based on their prices you would be paying $56 total and get 400GB of space, make sure you ask for them to be located on the same physical node though :)

• We can offer you a Intel Xeon Quad Core L5420 2.50 GHz w/ 16GB RAM, 500GB HD, and 5TB of transfer for $99/mo. I know thats a little more than what you wish to spend, but it'd be a solid machine for what you wish to do.

• OVH has an i3-2130 with 16GB RAM for $50, and why do you need three IPs for Minecraft hosting?

• @MrDOS said: OVH has an i3-2130 with 16GB RAM for $50, and why do you need three IPs for Minecraft hosting?

problem: its ovh.

OVH took someones server here offline and put in rescue mode for getting 23mb/s....

• @martip07 said: Need it for 2 minecraft servers.

@MrDOS said: why do you need three IPs for Minecraft hosting?

1 for the node, 2 bound to each server :)

• MrDOSMrDOS Member
    edited December 2012

@curtisg: OVH took someones server here offline and put in rescue mode for getting 23mb/s....

Let me know when a Minecraft server legitimately drives >200Mbps traffic.

@zachfedora: 1 for the node, 2 bound to each server :)

Minecraft has supported SRV records since... 1.3? One IP per server instance is unnecessary and extravagant.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited December 2012

Dacentec, --$65--. I mean $69 with the IPs.

Fully dedicated server. Install whatever you want. Virtualize your own server.

• @MrDOS said: Minecraft has supported SRV records since... 1.3? One IP per server instance is unnecessary and extravagant.

Yeah and? He obviously wanted 3 IPs for a reason..

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2012

We can do it in Atlanta for $69.99 per month:

Dual Xeon L5420
    16 GB RAM
    1 TB Hard Drive
    10 TB Bandwidth / 1 Gbps Port
    Dedicated KVM over IP
    5 IP Addresses in private VLAN

You can order here.

• Have you considered @Bluevm Quarter Server https://www.bluevm.com/dedicated.php

• It is simple one for teh node and 2 for teh minecraft servers.

• Guys any of you try or is using dacentec?

• confused

• @Ishaq said: confused

:o ...... what happened?

• @martip07 said: Guys any of you try or is using dacentec?

I don't understand that o.O

• http://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/

SP 1 should do fine. Extra IPs shouldn't be a problem.

• @zachfedora said: He obviously wanted 3 IPs for a reason..

Wanting IP's != needing IP's

• @martip07 said: It is simple one for teh node and 2 for teh minecraft servers.

@miTgiB said: Wanting IP's != needing IP's

Doesn't matter, he already stated his reasoning behind it.

• @Ishaq said: I don't understand that o.O

Sorry my bad english :(. I wante dto know if anyone here have a dedi server with Dacentec

• @zachfedora said: he already stated his reasoning behind it.

I give up :( IP waste doesn't matter if you will pay anything for them, or think you want them

• @miTgiB said: I give up :( IP waste doesn't matter if you will pay anything for them, or think you want them

I actually do agree with you, it would be more resource-friendly to use 3 different ports instead of IPs even

• @zachfedora said: it would be more resource-friendly to use 3 different ports instead of IPs even

And since Minecraft already supports this, it's a win-win

• @martip07 said: I wante dto know if anyone here have a dedi server with Dacentec

I have 3

• @bamn said: I have 3

Tell me more about their internet connection, I foudn a review

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1166209

It looks that is kind of bad and good for some guys.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@miTgiB said: I give up :( IP waste doesn't matter if you will pay anything for them, or think you want them

The market will fix that. We see prices go up in Asia and RIPE, eventually US will finish them too in a few years.
    Actually, wasting IPs in US is a good thing as there will be more action towards IPv6.
    I cant believe romania is the country with the most advanced IPv6 adoption in the world...

• Thing is though that the US have already proceeded prepping for the v6 move. EU, specificly UK have not done anything to encourage the use of IPv6.

@Maounique said: wasting IPs in US

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

http://www.google.com/ipv6/statistics.html#tab=per-country-ipv6-adoption

As long as US does not have IPv6 only subscribers to internet, the sites will not feel like adding IPv6 capabilities.