Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Rackulous kvm review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Rackulous kvm review

nfnnfn Veteran
edited November 2015 in Help

Hi,

Anyone using Rackulous KVM can share with us how it's working?

Thanks

Comments

• You might want to change title I thought you was leaving a review!

Thanked by 2Radi nfn
  • nfnnfn Veteran

@n1kko said:
    You might want to change title I thought you was leaving a review!

Done!

• I have a 4GB VPS & I'm very happy with it.

I posted some benchmarks in the comments of the latest offer & queried the seemingly low disk IO but you need to remember the hard drives are ssd cached:

"Also, regarding disk IO, remember that we use SSD caching for random IO, so sequential benchmarks are useless to guage real life performance."

Their kvm templates (which are properly cached) gave around 13,000 IOPS with zram setup.

@Jonny_Rackulous has been very helpful & I've installed a custom iso (Alpine Linux with btrfs).

On the 21st November the infrastructure is being upgraded so networking should also improve.

• nfnnfn Veteran

Hi, thanks for you input.
    Do you know the CPU they are using?

• I have 2 KVM's with Rackulous as I have just ordered a 4GB on top of the 2GB VPS I already had.

@jonny_rackulous runs a great service & I used their services since 2013 top notch!

Thanked by 2nfn mpkossen
  • @itoffshore @n1kko Thanks for the nice comments!