Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Identifying VPS Scammers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Identifying VPS Scammers

ketetefidketetefid Member
edited November 2015 in General

I have started a blog with the goal of exposing VPS companies that act like scammers. I have been cheated by the VPS companies like 3 times.

vps-scammers.blogspot.com

Whenever you see that your support ticket is deleted or is unanswered for more than two weeks, you have right to doubt their honesty. Save the whole history of ticket as soon as possible, after submitting every reply.

If you have any idea or comment, please kindly share it. If you would like, you could contact me through the blog and send me the saved support ticket so that I will add the VPS to the list of the scammers. Let's help the other users not to be scammed.

Comments

• I can feel the evil coming from that link.

Thanked by 2Aga netomx
  • Smells like a drama-trap to me.

Thanked by 1Aga
  • At least get yourself a domain name, vps-scammers.com is available. Only $0.99, you don't seem to be the kind of person who cares about privacy.

Unleash the drama ! Embrace it ! LET will support it !

Thanked by 1sandro
  • Holy hell, it just got real.

• So your plan is to have a place where people can bitch out about providers, they provide you with the support ticket history and you publish it? If so how can you be sure that the tickets are real and not complete made up?

• @IgniteServers said:
    Holy hell, it just got real.

Same thought

• Aga said: So your plan is to have a place where people can bitch out about providers, they provide you with the support ticket history and you publish it? If so how can you be sure that the tickets are real and not complete made up?

Sounds like LET >.>

Thanked by 1Aga
  • Hey, they are stealing our jobs!

Thanked by 2Aga DarioX
  • Shame less VPS ?

• 4n0nx said: Sounds like LET >.>

At least on LET we have a proper way to enjoy the drama

On a more serious note at least here providers have a chance to rebute some bogus claim.

• @dotted said:
    At least get yourself a domain name, vps-scammers.com is available. Only $0.99, you don't seem to be the kind of person who cares about privacy.

Unleash the drama ! Embrace it ! LET will support it !

Thanks for the suggestion. Furthermore, there is no drama. There is only experience. I have my lesson learned and this is the way I wanted to transfer my experience as an offer to help. By the way, where did you get vps-scammers.com for $0.99? The domain itself is not less than $16/year.

@Aga said:
    So your plan is to have a place where people can bitch out about providers, they provide you with the support ticket history and you publish it? If so how can you be sure that the tickets are real and not complete made up?

Well, I will definitely not publish any tickets immediately. Maybe the members in this forum can comment on the genuineness and validity of the ticket. By default nobody has the motive and the time to make up a story about a VPS company, unless he has a problem with it. In that case the tickets he or she has already make up the whole evidence.
    Also, in my idea, "bitch"ing out about providers is not bad, if they have been dishonest. It is even advised! They stab you on your back, you want to get your lips shut?

• ketetefid said: By default nobody has the motive and the time to make up a story about a VPS company

That's soooo far away from reality.

ketetefid said: Also, in my idea, "bitch"ing out about providers is not bad

Bitching is always bad, you can just make a complain no reason to bitch about it.

So you're trying to achieve what with this, a black list of provider where you hold all the power to put or not a provider in said list?

What's your next move, blackmail provider for free service or special treatment or they'll end up in your black list?

• Aga said: That's soooo far away from reality.

It is not thattttttt far from reality that you think.

Aga said: Bitching is always bad, you can just make a complain no reason to bitch about it.

Bitching in your idea is bad even if somebody has cheated you. I truly respect your idea. In the others', it might not be bad. Also, making a complaint is done through "bitch"ing out.

Aga said: So you're trying to achieve what with this, a black list of provider where you hold all the power to put or not a provider in said list?

What's your next move, blackmail provider for free service or special treatment or they'll end up in your black list?

As I already said, this is an offer to help the others. It is enough for the others to see that VPS XYZ has done fraudulent actions. They will not buy from them again. And they will not find VPS ABC on the list, so they can continue and buy services from them with less worry. That's it. There is no next move. Furthermore, if anybody has a problem with me putting a VPS scammer with the evidence on the list, then he or she has every right to ignore me and the blog/website and the whole list.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

I am not trying to bash the op but, I have a feeling that you are still butt hurt over these incidents or maybe I am just wrong. (wouldn't be the first time)

Thanked by 1Aga
  • @PieNotEvenEaten said:
    I am not trying to bash the op but, I have a feeling that you are still butt hurt over these incidents or maybe I am just wrong. (wouldn't be the first time)

Well, no, I am not. I own several VPSs and once one of them stops working, as I cannot continue without a VPS running, I switch to another one and buy a substitute. Furthermore, what's wrong with being butt hurt? ;)

• ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

I found your ticket at CVPS and I believe I have rectified the issue at CVPS and BlueVM. Ive also extended your due date a bit. If theres anything else we can to do help please let me know.

Thanked by 1Aga
  • Ah yiss, BlueVM

• AgaAga Member
    edited November 2015

ketetefid said: As I already said, this is an offer to help the others.

Ok, I'll give you the benefit of doubt on that for a little longer.

The thing you seems to fail to get is that LET can be used for complains, there are no need for a blacklist site. If you have a problem with a provider you can come here and just ask what happen.

What use can be a single sided blacklist, I don't think that holding this kind of project does anygood too anyone.

ketetefid said: It is not thattttttt far from reality that you think.

This just proves how misleading you are, just spent some time here and you will find a lot of made up complains from users, even with fake support ticket screenshots.

Here at least the good providers can defend themselves, the way your site is done this is not possible. How will you check that, will you check all problems, all tickets for all providers?

ketetefid said: Maybe the members in this forum can comment on the genuineness and validity of the ticket.

Ok let's do that. Why don't you start putting your tickets with BlueVM and CVPS here so @CVPS_Chris or @Nippon_CVPS can comment on the "genuineness and validity of the ticket"

EDIT

Ops, it's seems that @Ernie already did that, I stand corrected.

• ketetefidketetefid Member
    edited November 2015

Ernie said: I found your ticket at CVPS and I believe I have rectified the issue at CVPS and BlueVM. Ive also extended your due date a bit. If theres anything else we can to do help please let me know.

Dear Ernie,

Politely I should say that you have rectified the issue too late. I have one question: If I had not posted here/had not created the blog, would you ever have solved my issue? Definitely not. As you did not until now; after almost 5 months of being offline! You as the manager check lowendtalk forum more than your own company's tickets? Maybe because this is a public place but the tickets are written in a private area and nobody can see the "complaints"? Am I right?

One more point: We suppose that you were not in charge while all the mess was happening. You became the manager then. You know that BlueVM had been acquired by ChicagoVPS and you definitely knew that there were problems with the BlueVM customers, why didn't you check the tickets? Why did not you ask your staff to consider the complaints in the BlueVM sector? This is totally unacceptable. Did you become the manager today?

You have every right to answer my questions here, or as our troll said, to rebut my claims if you think they are not right.

• ketetefid said: You have every right to answer my questions here, or as our troll said, to rebut my claims if you think they are not right.

And I'm the one trolling here.

You just prove my point that you don't want to help people just to make drama. In your yo u post screenshots of the tickets with BlueVM, and you take more than 15 days to answer a question they made to you.

Then you go on on how your box is down for two months, but the tickets date shows slight over one month. Not to mention that more than 15 days of that month was your fault for not answering the question made.

Yeah, I'm the one trolling here and you are full of good intentions and doing this only to help people.

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

@ketetefid said:
    You have every right to answer my questions here, or as our troll said, to rebut my claims if you think they are not right.

Im sorry I havent been in charge of those brands for 5 months. I recently became in charge. I am only trying to rectify your problem.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2015

wow... more drama

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited November 2015

Reminds me of http://shamelesshosts.com

Too bad it's down.

• FlamesRunner said: Reminds me of http://shamelesshosts.com

Too bad it's down.

NVM, ShamelessVPS.com is coming soon™

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@FlamesRunner said:
    Reminds me of http://shamelesshosts.com

Too bad it's down.

Isn't that what the Internet Archive is for? ;)

• How do we know it's not some weird person who got banned here?

• @classy said:
    How do we know it's not some weird person who got banned here?

You could directly ask the moderator of this forum to check this; to check that if I am a weird guy who got banned here or not.

• The list has been updated with swindler no. 3.

• classyclassy Member
    edited November 2015

ketetefid said: You could directly ask the moderator of this forum to check this; to check that if I am a weird guy who got banned here or not.

Okay, I should have read the OP first, my bad