Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pricing for KVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pricing for KVM

iRepkoiRepko Member
edited November 2015 in General

Is $4.99 for
1 Core
1GB Ram
30GB SSD Space
100Mbps Unmetered
Windows (Trial) or Linux

Processor is E5-2670 for the core.

Just trying to get some feedback on this.

Pricing for KVM
  1. Is this good prcing34 votes
    1. Yes
      55.88%
    2. No
      44.12%

Comments

• seems good

• cociucociu Member
    edited November 2015

is egual zero , depend of red, support, ip , uptime, etc etc, or meybe is a verry good deal .. so depend of provider not for the price

• not a good idea running windows on a single Core E5 will just be slow slow and more slow

• I added a poll to get easier results

• dont even offer Windows. Cheap windows offers seem to always end badly.

• @JoeMerit said:
    dont even offer Windows. Cheap windows offers seem to always end badly.

If you could, please elaborate on how they end badly?

• It depens on provider, how reputable it is. For instance, OVH offers 2GB RAM, 1 vCore and 10GB SSD for €3/m, it going to be bloody hard to blow them out of the water.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Apart from that by offering you a Windows Trial they are already in breach of the license.

• more abuse, more resource use, more support tickets... more companies out of business..

• elgselgs Member
    edited November 2015

Just be aware the SPLA license costs more than $100 per cpu socket. Think about how the provider would make even with this price.

• Clouvider said: Apart from that by offering you a Windows Trial they are already in breach of the license.

the "trial" comes with the windows iso itself remember (120 days if i recall)

• price seems to be good, but the windows trial seems to be pretty weird. Other than that for resources alone, the price looks good. Take support into account after that

• Good pricing for who?

• @TarZZ92 said:
    the "trial" comes with the windows iso itself remember (120 days if i recall)

Which is not allowable for hosting providers to use - specifically.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

the price is really nice ! , which location though ?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I'm guessing 100mbps unmetered in this case really means 100mbps unmetered divided by how many VPSes are on the node. I'm guessing you're going to put 30+ VPSes on that 100mbps...

• dediserve said: Which is not allowable for hosting providers to use - specifically.

i see no problem with it it's the client that uses there own install with the ISO.

@TarZZ92 said:
    i see no problem with it it's the client that uses there own install with the ISO.

But we talk about a differn't situation here, the provider is to deliver a VPS with a trial version of Windows Server, and that's a breach of license.

Naturally, if the provider provides the compute resources and the Customer chooses to install a particular application, it's the Customer's responsibility to keep it licensed, but the case in the OP is different, as it's specifically says it will be a VPS with Linux or trial of Windows.

• Clouvider said: But we talk about a differn't situation here, the provider is to deliver a VPS with a trial version of Windows Server, and that's a breach of license.

read what i said earlier, if it was a ISO install that's fine, the OP says nothing about him installing it.

Clouvider said: with Linux or trial of Windows.

This is all assuming he does the install as a provider in which case it probably is wrong. But plenty of people on this forum ignore microsoft rules anyway, one person for example openly provides illegal downloads for windows OS.

• Probably will not run very well with 1 CORE, but the pricing is good yes.

• iRepkoiRepko Member
    edited November 2015

No 100mbps isn't shared it's dedicated. Location is LA.

• @iRepko said:
    No 100mbps isn't shared it's dedicated. Location is LA

Each vps gets 100mbps dedicated? Sign me up

• @Jonchun said:
    Each vps gets 100mbps dedicated? Sign me up

More or less they should pull just about 100mbps each. Give or take prime times and it might be a bit lower.

• LA + $5 windows server = perfect jingling and hitleap platform. Good luck, you are gonna need it.

• @iRepko said:
    More or less they should pull just about 100mbps each. Give or take prime times and it might be a bit lower.

So is this actually dedicated 100mbps or will it be similar to the fiasco where you thought you were getting 10Gbps dedicated for $500/mo?

• @Jonchun said:
    So is this actually dedicated 100mbps or will it be similar to the fiasco where you thought you were getting 10Gbps dedicated for $500/mo?

Nope. Sorry but I'm not like the person who did that.

iRepko said: More or less they should pull just about 100mbps each. Give or take prime times and it might be a bit lower.

iRepko said: No 100mbps isn't shared it's dedicated. Location is LA.

You see where the problem is ?

• Ill provide a better response on the network when I'm at my desk.

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited November 2015

@iRepko try and fine something with at least 2 cores for windows.

• @iRepko said:
    Ill provide a better response on the network when I'm at my desk.

Just tell us your dedi provider... 320tb perhaps?