Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows server 2008 R2 Datacenter licence
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows server 2008 R2 Datacenter licence

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited December 2012 in General

Hey

Some of you might already know that im an ICT (IT) Student.
In the beginning we all had to buy a "software pack" from college (still don't know why... never need to use it at college as my teacher said that) anyway, it has MS Office, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8, Windows server 2012 standard and Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter edition (i don't know why not just standard... even the teacher can't explain)

I do use the Windows 7/8 licences, MS Office and Win server 2012, but i just don't use Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter

So my questions is, is anyone interested in a cheap Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter licence?
I don't care how much i get for it, just want some back from the money i paid for that software pack

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

i think there is some mistake there, are you sure it is Datacenter edition ? Something seems not right unless for students it is a very different policy.

• @Maounique said: i think there is some mistake there, are you sure it is Datacenter edition ? Something seems not right unless for students it is a very different policy.

Yeah it's datacenter edition, someone from my class who also has that pack is using it for his company, teacher said that it is allowed to do so

• @joodle IIRC you can't sell educational discounted software legally...

• @djvdorp said: IIRC you can't sell educational discounted software legally...

ugh... so i literally paid for something i will never use -.-

• but you can give it away and just make the person pay some absurd amount for the shipping.

• This isn't legal.

• @24khost said: but you can give it away and just make the person pay some absurd amount for the shipping.

Can't ship a licence key :P (DVD's has to stay at school for some reason, while it's mine)

• Might aswell give it away then

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

You're very kind, but I am not sure you can give it away either.
    This thing wit licenses and stuff is very hard to comprehend and even to read.

• @Maounique said: You're very kind, but I am not sure you can give it away either.

This thing wit licenses and stuff is very hard to comprehend and even to read.

Ugh, then im gonna have a nice talk with my college director tomorrow about why the beep i had to buy this

• I'm sure you could give it someone for free, and that person would likely be nice enough to send a paypal gift to you as a thank you for being a nice person?

I don't want it, just saying...