Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM New Features/Bug Fixes?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM New Features/Bug Fixes?

I'm looking for customers feedback on SolusVM such as which features people would like to see, bug's that need squashing or general other questions people might have. To pre-empt the v2 question we will be putting out some solid news in the next few weeks

Comments

• The ability for customers to create backups. There used to be a central backup system in the past, not sure why you decided to ditch it.

Thanked by 1SolusVM
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
    • Central Backup system that works
    • Better GUI for the reseller pannel
    • Possibility to add a number of IPv4 to a VPS, not only one by one.

This is what I have in mind right now :)

• @rds100 said:
    The ability for customers to create backups. There used to be a central backup system in the past, not sure why you decided to ditch it.

Umm remember the ram node drama?

• davidgestiondbi said: Better GUI for the reseller panel

Fixed that for you and yes I totally agree. The reseller panel is extremely outdated... and I not only would want a better design but also resources editing for existing VPSs without having to wipe and recreate them.

Reseller accounts are so limit in SolusVM.

• A better backup system preferably incremental for both admin & customers
    • Support for ZFS & QCOW2 file systems
    • Thin provisioning, ballooning & KSM
    • Support for hourly billing with WHMCS module is also need of the hour
    Thanked by 1SolusVM
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2015

some bugs are still exists, example:

• rdns6.php - white screen
    • bandwidth per IPv4/IPv6 address never worked

missing options:

• migrate from IPv6 addresses to subnet

• select and delete IPv6 addresses, not one by one
    • ability to do network install using URL for customers without host support to be involved
    • ability for customer to select the location of backup (similar to cPanel, option such as SSH, FTP or other options to backup to different host)
    Thanked by 1Hassan
  • CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2015

@rghf, support for multiple LVGs per node, and per VPS would be great.

Instead of manually changing config file :)

• TinyTunnel_Tom said: Umm remember the ram node drama?

No, what about it?

• @TinyTunnel_Tom this was obviously patched with some maintenance release of solusvm, i don't think this was the reason for ditching the backups.

• @AlexanderM said:

I know. Fell old haha

• haryhary Member
    edited November 2015

@rghf said:
    I'm looking for customers feedback on SolusVM such as which features people would like to see, bug's that need squashing or general other questions people might have. To pre-empt the v2 question we will be putting out some solid news in the next few weeks

I hope still in year 2015 :D

1. I need backup system / central backup / whatever as long as it use for backup
    2. QCOW2 file system
    3. Backup Again
    4. storage ceph / glusterfs
    5. Did i already mention backup before?
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

No more Ioncubing!

• let's hope they will listen to your request.

how many time user has request new feature to add to solusvm before? and none of them implemented (or very late) by solusvm

IPv6? backup system

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2015

@tommy said:
    let's hope they will listen to your request.

how many time user has request new feature to add to solusvm before? and none of them implemented (or very late) by solusvm

IPv6? backup system

Not even just about that. As a customer, you should be able to do audits on the code yourself (your livelihood depends on it!), without needing to rely on the vendor or what they claim the state of the code is. Ioncube prevents that. That's not okay.

Thanked by 1SolusVM
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@rds100 said:
    TinyTunnel_Tom this was obviously patched with some maintenance release of solusvm, i don't think this was the reason for ditching the backups.

My good sir, an exit() at the top of the file is not a patch.

Francisco

• Loving how @SolusVM has thanked both of @joepie91 s comments.

• Thanks for all the feedback so far. Obviously backups are important to people and that is definitely something that will be pushed up the priority list. For the other points they have been noted and placed onto the list of things that will be evaluated.

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep
    • Online migration for OpenVZ VPS (what vzmigrate command can do)
    • Rsync based migration for OpenVZ VPS (like vzmigrate do), its cause much smalest downtime
    • Reseller API
    • Rsync based migration tool for Xen PV VPS (optional, beside to dd based)
  • @rghf: please also put provision vps instance with ssh key(s) stored in account to your list. This would be great for automated/scripted setups...

Thanked by 1joepie91
  • @qm78 said:
    rghf: please also put provision vps instance with ssh key(s) stored in account to your list. This would be great for automated/scripted setups...

By looking at a video they made, you can see it's already implemented.

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

@cassa said:
    By looking at a video they made, you can see it's already implemented.

Sweet! Thanks! This would be a big help :)

• @casa: thanks for the hint. I didn't know about the video. Great that ssh-keys already has been implemented.

• Replace FTP backup with rsync or another better solution :)

• edited November 2015

The ability to support multiple bridges for KVM and Xen. Ideally, these would be tied to IP blocks. This would allow us to provide private vlans using Solus.

• IPv6 subnet support is a must.