Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM Downtime - DDOS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM Downtime - DDOS?

serverbearserverbear Member
edited December 2012 in General

Main site is down & quite a few nodes going up/down all over the place

http://uptime.bluevm.com/

Ouch.

Comments

• Yup, down here.

Ping statistics for 199.229.255.999:
    Packets: Sent = 33, Received = 6, Lost = 27 (81% loss),
  • Bluevm Communication
    Yesterday

We're aware of the networking issues it seems most of our IP block in Kansas is under heavy DDOS around the range of 15 Gbps. We're working to mitigate the issue.

• @speedygroup said: Ouch wouldn't that be costing them a wack in Bandwidth???

Just depends, a lot of places have unmetered incoming. Helps balance out their peering ratio.

• Hopefully someone from BlueVM will chime in with updates shortly, going to tag @Ishaq and @BlueVM here

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited December 2012

Things look to be back to normal, at least on my node (Fluorine). That was short lived, I guess?

• Yep, I literally just added everything to my uptime tracker & all looks good now.

http://serverbear.com/9781/bluevm#view-uptime-beta

• edited December 2012

Just a note @serverbear - the abbreviation for Missouri is MO, not MI, that'd be Michigan, threw me off for a second :)

• @zachfedora said: the abbreviation for Missouri is MO, not MI, that'd be Michigan, threw me off for a second :)

It's like when BlueVM's offers are posted on LEB, the location is listed as "Kansas" not "Kansas City" and definitely not "Kansas City, Missouri - not in Kansas"

• @bamn said: Kansas City, Missouri - not in Kansas

You think the non-americans have any idea where is Kansas City and where is Kansas? ;-)

• @rds100 said: You think the non-americans have any idea where is Kansas City and where is Kansas? ;-)

I had to sit through World Geography for probably 3 years of my public school. If a non-American told me the largest city near where they lived, I could pretty much find it on a map

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited December 2012

We are aware of the issue and are working on resolving it. There may be some intermittent packet loss and/or downtime over the next few hours.

We've mitigated most of it, but as with anything online it's unpredictable.

• @bamn said: It's like when BlueVM's offers are posted on LEB, the location is listed as "Kansas" not "Kansas City" and definitely not "Kansas City, Missouri - not in Kansas"

We currently have stock in Illinois, Kansas (City) and California for the special.

• Kansas City is a a dual city.

It is both in Kansas and Missouri.

• @rds100 said: You think the non-americans have any idea where is Kansas City and where is Kansas? ;-)

You really think most Americans can figure out anything on a map, or can even list all of the States?

• Most American's don't know what to do with a map. However, they know how use Gaagle.

Back on topic, BlueVM has some serious load issues on nodes. Like:
    Chromium Illinois 164 days 40.43
    Nickel Texas 16 days 14.97

• @CVPS_Kevin Thanks.

Anyway, someone was butt hurt over being banned on IRC so he decided to attack our nodes. Childish move, we're tracing the attack.

At this time, all nodes are online.

• Attacks would explain the issues. Sucks.

• @pubcrawler - Load spikes happen, it's the nature of the beast. Chromium was a bit high for its 16 cores, but its back at 1.45 now so not a huge concern. Nickel has 64 cores and all things considered is underloaded.