Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can anyone check outgoing ports on DelimiterVPS for me?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can anyone check outgoing ports on DelimiterVPS for me?

I was wondering if any LETers with servers at Delimiter check if they can send out of port 443? I tried nmap -sU remoteserverip -p 443 and I keep getting a open|filtered and nothing is being received on my remote server. Tried flushing the ip addresses as well.

I contacted support but they said they don't filter any ports so something must be going on my end.

Any tips/advice LET?

Comments

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited November 2015

Nevermind.

EDIT: Are you sure remote host is running something on 443?

EDIT 2: I hope you are not using tools to monitor network connections that only understand TCP because you do a UDP scan on 443.

Last EDIT: Are you 100% sure your firewall is setup correctly?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2015
    Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @Hidden_Refuge said:
    Nevermind.

EDIT: Are you sure remote host is running something on 443?

EDIT 2: I hope you are not using tools to monitor network connections that only understand TCP because you do a UDP scan on 443.

Last EDIT: Are you 100% sure your firewall is setup correctly?

Yes, I have TCPDUMP listening for UDP packets from this host. I have about 10 servers with identical setups and the delimitervps server is the only one filtering/failing outgoing UDP packets on 443 or 80. It works on any other ports.

• Do you have a VPS or Dedicated? I have a dedicated with them and haven't run into that issue.

• @CFarence said:
    Do you have a VPS or Dedicated? I have a dedicated with them and haven't run into that issue.

I'm in a Dedicated server. Port 443 UDP outgoing works for you on yours?

• @Eobble said:

I'm pretty sure it does.. Do you have something I can connect to? I don't have anything set up currently and I'm at work. So if you could PM something I can do a quick test.

• @CFarence said:
    I'm pretty sure it does.. Do you have something I can connect to? I don't have anything set up currently and I'm at work. So if you could PM something I can do a quick test.

sent

• -sU is for UDP, do you want UDP port 443? Does the target host have a service on UDP port 443?

I get the same output on a non delimiter box against a google.com

Nmap scan report for google.com (173.194.45.68)
    Host is up (0.0100s latency).
    Other addresses for google.com (not scanned): 173.194.45.67 173.194.45.73 173.194.45.65 173.194.45.78 173.194.45.70 173.194.45.66 173.194.45.69 173.194.45.64 173.194.45.72 173.194.45.71
    rDNS record for 173.194.45.68: par03s13-in-f4.1e100.net
    PORT STATE SERVICE
    443/udp open|filtered https

• Using an online UDP port scan to the IP he sent me, the server he setup is listing on UDP 443.

• @Eobble - Why would you want to run UDP on port 443? Its going to be difficult to guarantee that traffic end-to-end as many last mile networks are filtering UDP on port 80/443 to stop flooding.

• EobbleEobble Member
    edited November 2015

@MarkTurner said:
    Eobble - Why would you want to run UDP on port 443? Its going to be difficult to guarantee that traffic end-to-end as many last mile networks are filtering UDP on port 80/443 to stop flooding.

zzz

• @Eobble - Can you PM me the details including a traceroute from your Delimiter server to your test server.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Eobble - Can you PM me the details including a traceroute from your Delimiter server to your test server.

Messaged you thanks for looking into this

• He remember me of John Nguyen his whois look like he is John Nguyen check it guys.

• SandwichVPN said: He remember me of John Nguyen his whois look like he is John Nguyen check it guys.

Different name, just barely similar. Nothing to see here.

• Google uses 443/UDP. It's the "QUIC" protocol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QUIC

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @SandwichVPN said:
    He remember me of John Nguyen his whois look like he is John Nguyen check it guys.

Who is that? And my name is a pretty common name...

• @rds100 said:
    Google uses 443/UDP. It's the "QUIC" protocol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QUIC

Awesome!