Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Alternative : Personal Invoice & Management
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Alternative : Personal Invoice & Management

bigcatbigcat Member
edited December 2012 in Help

Hi,
I'm looking for an alternative to WHMCS for simple product management and payment checkout.

TL;DR
I sell digital goods through various channel. Currently potential customer will land on my WHMCS installation for order and purchase. However I think WHMCS is overkill for what I'm doing because on top of the license, I need to subscribe to VPS and SSL certificate which cost me well above $20/month in total. I don't need any automation, support system or other WHMCS bells and whistles. I got on average 12 new customer per month.

I've tried few possible alternative but none have met my expectation yet.
1. Boxbilling - promising but the invoicing system is horrible.
2. CurdBee - The best so far but they don't have package/plan manager

Requirement
1. Package manager and order system
2. Invoicing system
3. Checkout to payment processor
I would prefer hosted solution since its easier and I wouldn't be keeping user critical information such as credit card number. Also I wouldn't mind paying for any cheap hosted WHMCS service(if any).

Budget
less than $10/month. The cheaper the better.

I would love to hear your suggestion based on your experience.

Comments

• @bigcat said: simple product management and payment checkout

Magento, CubeCart, and other shopping carts that handle digital goods won't work for you?

• http://www.boxbilling.com - Tell me if u like it :)

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2012

Hi,

Not sure if getbillr.com would be right for you? @jhadley would know more on this! It may do what you're looking for.

I use CurdBee for internal invoicing for private clients and it's good..for invoicing only. Nothing else. WHMCS is only $12.95 per month though so not sure what it's not an option? ClientExec?

Otherwise, hit up @jhadley as I said.

Cheers,
    Dominic

• @dominicl said: ClientExec?

Clientexec costs more than whmcs now.

@Corey said: Clientexec costs more than whmcs now.

CE is a dollar cheaper on LicensePal ;) Still, CE is not worth that much heh

• Hostbill

• @dominicl said: CE is a dollar cheaper on LicensePal ;) Still, CE is not worth that much heh

ce is awesome

• @bamn said: Magento, CubeCart, and other shopping carts that handle digital goods won't work for you?

This will be...complicated. I dont want to operate full blown website, just a simple invoicing and client management platform.

Tried that but the invoice or any email template is unprofessional

@dominicl said: Not sure if getbillr.com would be right for you?..WHMCS is only $12.95 per month though so not sure what it's not an option?

Will definitely check that out :)
    WHMCS+VPS+SSL cost more than $20/month for me

the price...

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited December 2012

@bigcat said: Will definitely check that out :)

WHMCS+VPS+SSL cost more than $20/month for me

You can get a rapidssl through whmcs for $12/year that's only $1/mo.... I'm sure other people offer rapidssl as well.

Also you should be able to get away with one of these $14yr / $15yr vps that will run a billing system with only 12 customers a month.

Your costs would already be below $15/mo now.

• Hostbill, ClientExec, BoxBilling

• Could create your own front end for one of the invoicing softwares out there.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2012

http://bambooinvoice.org/ and http://www.simpleinvoices.org/

SimpleInvoices is pretty neat.

• @SpeedBus they don't have the ordering though.

• @Corey said: Also you should be able to get away with one of these $14yr / $15yr vps that will run a billing system with only 12 customers a month.

What is the minimum system requirement anyway? Currently I'm using 512MB OpenVZ which cost $6/month.

• To everyone who recommended BoxBilling: the op has already tried it and isn't happy with the invoicing system.

I'm not sure if you total budget of $10/mo is viable.

• You can also look at Blesta.

If you can stretch..use WHMCS/CheapSSL's/SecureDragon :)

• A few more options:

shoplocket.com
    spacebox.io

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

We used Hostbill for a little while.

• What do you sell? Do you need to invoice your customers every month, or it is one off purchase?

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2012

I would recommend http://ballparkapp.com but they just charged me $99.99 for their max plan, even though I signed up for the $13.99 plan...

Edit: Look at my new post.

• Thank you for all the suggestion, I don't have the time to check them all yet but will update on my final decision.

I need recurring invoices

• If other have mention it so I just to mention (again) about alp (accountlabplus) from netenberg it free! yey!
    Give it a shot.

• imagineimagine Member
    edited December 2012

One I often reccomend is www.quickfile.co.uk

• jhjh Member

Some of the functionality you requested is in my software, Billr, some is not. There is however a new release due in January which I can work with you to make sure your functionality is in, if you like?

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

Wow, the devs from BallParkApp just messaged me about my issue, and refunded the difference. Would highly recommend them, the support is ++

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@RosenCruz said: You can also look at Blesta.

$99 for an owned license is a pretty decent price.