Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM in NL or UK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM in NL or UK

mrskymrsky Member
edited November 2015 in Requests

Hi there!
I'm looking for a KVM VPS in NL or UK:
-1gb ram
-4 cpu cores
-1tb traffic
-no more than 30$ / year
-unmanaged

If it's possible, let me know
It's for a vpn server. I have at the moment under openvz, but I'm considering moving.
No problem if no one get this... Just googling around ;)
Ping will be crucial, so I need to perform tests to check it

Comments

• Stock off the cheapest :(

• @mrsky said:
    much more than 30 $ year :(

They have a really bad habit of posting offers that are over-budget. You'll also see pricing listed in £ instead of $ for deflated numbers. It's okay though. If you mention it they'll retort with something like "quality costs!1!1!" Uhh yea if I wanted to pay more I would have tons of places to choose from that don't pull stuff like the above...

On Topic: Unless you manage to catch an introductory promo like the one rackulous is was having, what you're requesting is way too much for your budget. I really doubt you'll find any stable services for that price. However, the good news is that VPN servers don't actually take as much resources as you would think. Unless you're having issues with your OVZ server, I would honestly just stick with what you have. If you ARE having issues, let us know what the issues are so we can help diagnose whether it's a OVZ issue or simply a problem with your host overselling hard. In many cases, migrating to a host that doesn't massively oversell (even if it's OVZ) will help just as much as migrating to KVM. (For example, RamNode's $15/year OVZ plan should work for most VPN usage cases IMO)

Thanked by 3mrsky bersy tehdan
  • bersybersy Member
    edited November 2015

Well, you do not really need 1GB RAM and 4 CPU for VPN, it's personal VPN server, is it?

http://littlehappycloud.net/ MiniKVM 256 would be enough in my book. I have been using it for 3 months with no noticeable problems.

Check also Serveo offer out.

• @Jonchun said: They have a really bad habit of posting offers that are over-budget.

Ignore their marketing hype too - root access is standard on a VPS yet they claim to be the only people in the industry who provide it.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@mrsky said:
    much more than 30 $ year :(

You haven't defined whether your budget is monthly or annual, or biannual, I assumed you don't expect to get a true 1GB of memory for less than 3USD/mo, hence I understood the budget is monthly.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited November 2015

@Clouvider said:
    You haven't defined whether your budget is monthly or annual, or biannual, I assumed you don't expect to get a true 1GB of memory for less than 3USD/mo, hence I understood the budget is monthly.

He specified it was /year. Even if he edited that in later, from the entire wording of the post, he was clearly looking for an extremely cheap deal.

1. This is LET.
    2. He's looking to use the vps for a VPN. With 1tb bandwidth requested, this is clearly a private VPN with no more than a couple users. Who spends $30/mo on a personal VPN?
    3. No one charges $30/mo for 1GB memory. Not in this bubble anyways.
    4. This is LET.

Verdict: Blatant Lie

Thanked by 2tehdan bersy
  • digitalocean

edited November 2015

@Jonchun

A) wasn't marked /year when I hit send button.

B) have you been promoted to moderator recently? I don't see the title.

C) let the OP speak for himself.

D) my last post about this. I'm not going to explain my position to you anymore as you clearly have your mind made up with some grudge against us, so there is no point for me to lose any more of this beautiful Sunday. Have a good one ;)

• Digitalocean it's 60$ year

edited November 2015

mrsky said: Digitalocean it's 60$ year

are you sure you need 1 GB of memory for a VPN? Perhaps 512 would suffice? That would be in your budget.

After all is more about the processing power than the memory when it comes to a VPN.

Thanked by 1mrsky
  • @Clouvider said:
    Jonchun

A) wasn't marked /year when I hit send button.

B) have you been promoted to moderator recently? I don't see the title.

C) let the OP speak for himself.

D) my last post about this. I'm not going to explain my position to you anymore as you clearly have your mind made up with some grudge against us, so there is no point for me to lose any more of this beautiful Sunday. Have a good one ;)

A) Read my other points
    B) No. What part of my post implied I was a moderator?
    C) It's subtle so someone who couldn't figure out that the OP wanted a 1GB RAM for $30/year and not $30/month might not have noticed it. I've included a picture here for your reference that may help clarify things.

D) Translation: I've been caught red-handed and I'll try to weasel out of a confrontation by playing the victim.

Anything Else?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

OVZ with TUN/TAP should do. I wonder how is WeLoveServers's performance. Afaik, they were offering 1 GB for $19/year.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited November 2015

I don't speak machine :(

Edit: Oh you did the thing where you Right Click -> Copy Image URL too early and Chrome gives you the stupid base 64 crap lol.

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom