Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any recent Dacentec review?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any recent Dacentec review?

DhruboHostDhruboHost Member
edited November 2015 in Help

Hello, I want to move from my old provider to a new one. I've seen Dacentec have some server at low cost. How is there server performance? how is Hardware? and, how is there support?

will they install my OS if i ask? how is there HDD?
will they provide migration support?

There footer is still showing (c) 2014. any of their employee didn't see this in whole 2015?

Comments

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Great host! Can't go wrong with @Dacentec!

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

i have used few Dacentec servers for over 4-5months , while they were offering $25/m 16GB Ram Servers , though the CPU were not that great (get what you pay :D) . Had no issue with them .

You can reinstall OS from Dacentec client portal . There support is good .

• @RIYAD said:
    i have used few Dacentec servers for over 4-5months , while they were offering $25/m 16GB Ram Servers , though the CPU were not that great (get what you pay :D) . Had no issue with them .

You can reinstall OS from Dacentec client portal . There support is good .

thanks. yes, i will get what i pay for, thats why im looking for real reviews. :)

• @Frecyboy said:
    __

what does that mean?

• I've got five VPSes with Dacentec and currently only one dedicated server. Apart from minor network outages recently I've had a good experience with them.

If you're looking to run anything CPU intensive on those cheap VPSes you're not going to have a fun time. They are rather severely restricted in that regard. But for the price there's not much to complain about ;)

• @k0nsl said:
    I've got five VPSes with Dacentec and currently only one dedicated server. Apart from minor network outages recently I've had a good experience with them.

If you're looking to run anything CPU intensive on those cheap VPSes you're not going to have a fun time. They are rather severely restricted in that regard. But for the price there's not much to complain about ;)

Not for VPSs. Want to get a Dedi. how it will be then? :)

• msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited November 2015

I really couldn't find a reason to contact their support team. Never got a problem there.

model name  : Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 1381

Model Family:     Western Digital Black
    Device Model:     WDC WD2002FAEX-007BA0
      9 Power_On_Hours          0x0032   069   069   000    Old_age   Always       -       23336

Model Family:     Western Digital RE4
    Device Model:     WDC WD2003FYYS-02W0B1
      9 Power_On_Hours          0x0032   092   092   000    Old_age   Always       -       6038

22:02:19 up 156 days,  8:57,  1 user,  load average: 3.11, 3.07, 3.09

Besides, the (c) 2014 means Copyright date. So if they did not make any changes to their website software etc, they don't need to actually change it.

Thanked by 1DhruboHost
  • @msg7086 , thanks for that data. Do you know, will they provide migration support?

• @DhruboHost said:

>

msg7086 , thanks for that data. Do you know, will they provide migration support?

You're welcome. I have no experience with migration support. I'd say when talking about dedicated servers, migration support usually costs money (if they do have that service).

• DhruboHost said: what does that mean?

I'm almost sure I didn't post that, as I were sleeping at this time, weird.

• Dacentec is great! I especially love their auto provision via noc-ps. Support is superb, will get back to you in less than an hour. Port 25 traffic is monitored, they have a proxy relayhost if you're having issues. Other than that, great company!

• Anyone running mail server on their VPS?

• miklosmiklos Member
    edited November 2015

@thehray said:
    Anyone running mail server on their VPS?

NO rDNS only can receive mails and me yes

• @miklos said:
    NO rDNS only can receive mails and me yes

Anyone else would you suggest for cheap email hosting. ~10-15 email accounts. Business related no spamming /internet marketing.

• @thehray said:
    Anyone else would you suggest for cheap email hosting. ~10-15 email accounts. Business related no spamming /internet marketing.

mxroute ?

• @Junkless said:
    mxroute ?

I was searching for their exact name in my browser history, emails etc. Thanks for the name. Can I PM. I don't want to hijack the thread.

• PM who ? @jar ? @jar is the one running mxroute. Ofcourse you can PM.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@All who commented here, Mr. Mehedi (@DhruboHost) is actually looking for reviews of Dedi's from Dacentec, not from VPS Line. So, share experiences if you have a Dedi Server :-) I assume, he's not quite happy with @qps

• @DhruboHost said:
    How is there server performance?

CPU and such? Depends which one you get... The cheaper ones have fairly old CPUs but for many tasks they are more than sufficient. You can use sites like http://cpuboss.com/compare-cpus to get a vague understanding of how one of their boxes might perform compared to your current one.

Network: I have no complaints thus far but my use is mainly personal so YMMV.

how is Hardware?

Well, it is older in many cases but that is why they are cheap. Make sure you run SMART tools to keep an eye on the hard drives (but that is recommended that on new kit too). The SMART results on my drives suggest they are currently in good health.

and, how is there support?

Excellent thus far. I've contacted them twice and both times had very quick resolutions. First was my own cock-up configuring the server in the first place, the second was a network issue at their end that made the machine vanish temporarily.

will they install my OS if i ask?

You can have KVMoIP access to do a full custom install yourself if you wish, which is what I did. You can mount an ISO image over the KVM so if your local upstream is fast enough (or the install set small enough) for it to be practical you can install from just about any local media. Otherwise you'll need to use one of their templates (of which there are a few).

how is there HDD?

See above.

will they provide migration support?

That would probably cost extra if they did - if you are paying a few tens of $ per month with no setup fee I wouldn't expect that sort of support for nothing. They'll support the hardware, the software (beyond initial install and config from their images) and data is your problem.

There footer is still showing (c) 2014. any of their employee didn't see this in whole 2015?

The (C) indicates it is a copyright notice. Not need to update the notice if the content has not been updated.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: he's not quite happy with @qps

I'm not sure what this means, but if you want to PM me about the issue, we can try to resolve whatever issues you're encountering.

• @MeAtExampleDotCom , thank you so much for much detail info.
    @qps, i just PM you. :)

• Yes, I run a mail server at Dacentec for testing mailcow and it's been a solid ride so far :]

@thehray said:
    Anyone running mail server on their VPS?

Thanked by 1vimalware