Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's Encrypt with DirectAdmin and other Web Control Panels
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Let's Encrypt with DirectAdmin and other Web Control Panels

I've written a guide on getting Let's Encrypt working with DirectAdmin. It features the full setup guide for the Let's Encrypt client and a small guide to setup a website via DirectAdmin with this certificate. For now it only works if you have root access, so not for shared hosting. But, many of you run DirectAdmin on a VPS with root.

The software is in Beta still, and the tutorial is written for the beta. When it's out of beta, I'll adapt the tutorial.

Check it out: https://raymii.org/s/articles/Lets_Encrypt_Directadmin.html

Tips, comments and improvements are welcome!

Comments

• You're the best, you're an asset to this community and I thank you. :)

Thanked by 2GM2015 Raymii
  • what if my websites using another server as frontend? should i change the dns also?

for now i am using "-a manual" to get let's encrypt certificate.

• Yeah, that's true. I'll buy this guy some beer one day.

ATHK said: You're the best, you're an asset to this community and I thank you. :)

• @GM2015 said:
    Yeah, that's true. I'll buy this guy some beer one day.

You can do so by using the Digital Ocean sponsor links :). A real bear would do as well, if you're near the netherlands.

@netrix said:
    what if my websites using another server as frontend? should i change the dns also?

for now i am using "-a manual" to get let's encrypt certificate.

manual works best. Or make sure your frontend passes through the request without altering it. I did update the guide with the manual part, so thanks!