Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostbill SolusVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostbill SolusVM

edited December 2012 in Help

Hi all,

Has anyone used the hostbill solusvm module? We're getting Error: Connction error: couldn't connect to host when trying to set it up

We think it's possibly that we have solusvm on ports 80 and 443. In the WHMCS module we have to set the port in the access hash to rectify this. There is no such visible option on the hostbill module

Comments

• I think when we used hostbill we had this issue and had to add 5656 to the ports along with 80 and 443, solusvm in HB doesn't work very well at all and assigns a new account per vps which is a bit annoying for customers wanting to purchase multiple vpss

• @ShardHost said: We think it's possibly that we have solusvm on ports 80 and 443

Have you removed port 5656(SSL)? If that's the case you will have other issues with SolusVM. Port 5656 on the master is required for the media sync and ftp backups.

• @Patrick said: assigns a new account per vps

Doesn't do that for us.

• @soluslabs said: Have you removed port 5656(SSL)? If that's the case you will have other issues with SolusVM. Port 5656 on the master is required for the media sync and ftp backups.

When we recently changed our configs, we didnt re-add the 5656 entry at the end of the lighttpd config. This has fixed the problem.

• @Patrick said: I think when we used hostbill we had this issue and had to add 5656 to the ports along with 80 and 443, solusvm in HB doesn't work very well at all and assigns a new account per vps which is a bit annoying for customers wanting to purchase multiple vpss

I thought that hostbill provided even better integration with solusvm than whmcs does

• @ShardHost said: I thought that hostbill provided "even better" integration with solusvm than whmcs does

Fixed.