Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else see
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone else see

NexusNexus Member
edited December 2012 in General

IPX's new design? looks pretty legit.

(I searched for topics on here, surprised no one has made one yet, so I figured I'd do it)

Looks fantastic @Damian

Comments

• Nice new design there. Hadn't visited their site in a week.

Lots of goodness from Ipxcore lately. :)

• It was definitely a team effort. There are still a few issues with the site, but we're working on them.

Thanks for the kind words!

• I love the design. It just doesn't quite look right on the iPad. (Right justified doesnt show on screen) Maybe take a look at that if you can :)

• @EricCubixCloud said: I love the design. It just doesn't quite look right on the iPad. (Right justified doesnt show on screen) Maybe take a look at that if you can :)

Would you be kind enough to send/post a screenshot if you can? I don't have an iPad, nor do I know if an iPad can take a screenshot of itself, so feel free to tell me i'm dumb :)

• I have to agree. Very nice template you got there.

• Lets celebrate the template with nice offers!

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Definitely much better than the previous design, good job @Damian and team. :)

• IE:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; InfoPath.3)
    Timestamp: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 14:11:03 UTC

Line: 22
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: http://ipxcore.com/

Then again, this IS IE.

• That's cuz it's IE 8, go to 9 :D

• @jcaleb said: Lets celebrate the template with nice offers!

KVM within 2-3 weeks I'm hoping, so i'm saving offers for that.

Yeah, it's a bit broken in IE 8. We were troubleshooting the template and removed the IE 8 kludges to get it working, need to add them back in.

• @Damian said: KVM within 2-3 weeks I'm hoping, so i'm saving offers for that.

Great!

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited December 2012

That is looking spiffy @Damian ... please send me your sources for this in pm :) (the people you had design it.... not the code)

• @Corey said: That is looking spiffy @Damian ... please send me your sources for this in pm :) (the people you had design it.... not the code)

Started with http://themeforest.net/item/big-city-personal-and-blog-wordpress-theme/309410 and then worked from there. Yes, I buy templates. I'm not a designer; i'd rather give money to people who are creative.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Love the new design! No more stock picture of a woman in a business suit :P

• @damian love your new design. Really nice and clean. However, your site seem to load slower than before for some reason. Not sure if it has anything to do with this template or server or my network.

@Damian said: Yes, I buy templates. I'm not a designer; i'd rather give money to people who are creative.

Agreed.

• @jarland said: No more stock picture of a woman in a business suit :P

I kinda miss Ethnic Woman, along with Bored Girl, Mis-aligned Dog, and Antigravity Cat.

• NexusNexus Member
    edited December 2012

@Damian said: I kinda miss Ethnic Woman, along with Bored Girl, Mis-aligned Dog, and Antigravity Cat.

LOL, spit out my coffee, gosh damn you're going to end up choking me one of these days

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Nexus said: you're going to end up choking me one of these days

TWSS

• I was on IRC.

I saw IPXCore's new design last night.

Safe to say, I was as giddy as a schoolgirl when I saw it.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited December 2012

@Damian said: Started with http://themeforest.net/item/big-city-personal-and-blog-wordpress-theme/309410 and then worked from there. Yes, I buy templates. I'm not a designer; i'd rather give money to people who are creative.

I buy too :)... not a designer either.... I might have to contact this themeforest author for work!

Edit: nvm this author is probably not interested since he has made over $300,000 from selling templates on themeforest.

• @Damian I love the new budget vps offers. Going to buy a few ;)

• @Damian Really nice site, I can really see more people being tempted to buy products from ipxcore with this new design. The old one was a bit bland in my opinion.

• I like the "When in doubt, use Bebas Neue" mentality. I've had that inclination lots of times.

• kalamkalam Member
    edited December 2012

Very nice layout @Damian, I just have a few design suggestions that would be beneficial in my opinion at least.

Get rid of the white space below the looking glass area.

Move the info bullet points to below the table, so I don't have to scroll to view it.

Have the transfer amount change to what it should be as the person is picking their storage amount using javascript/jquery.

Good job though!

• @kalam said: Get rid of the white space below the looking glass area.

The white space is an iframe holding http://carbon.ipxcore.com/lg/ , and iframes don't seem to be dynamically resizable. So it's sized that way to hold output.

@kalam said: Move the info bullet points to below the table, so I don't have to scroll to view it.

These bullet points are sales points, putting them below the table would make it difficult to convey information

@kalam said: Have the transfer amount change to what it should be as the person is picking their storage amount using javascript/jquery.

Yeah we missed that originally, working on it soon.

Thanks for your input!

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2012

@Damian said: The white space is an iframe holding http://carbon.ipxcore.com/lg/ , and iframes don't seem to be dynamically resizable. So it's sized that way to hold output.

The looking glass works by making an AJAX request to the server. I would recommend cutting out the content of the LookingGlass index page, directly inserting it on the main site, and just making cross-domain AJAX requests to lg.ipxcore.com. That way you don't have to use an iframe.

Iframes are evil.

• @joepie91 said: Iframes are evil.

Satan spawn is more like it. I have to concur. Great site @Damian much better design and more fluid. Good job man congrats to you and your team. :)

• @Damian said: iframes don't seem to be dynamically resizable

An IFrame can be dynamically (re-)sized. ;-)

• Aligning plans to the left on this page would be nicer, since humans naturally read from left to right:

https://ipxcore.com/budget-vps/

• @NHRoel said: However, your site seem to load slower than before for some reason. Not sure if it has anything to do with this template or server or my network.

Is it still slow for you? I found out that the caching plugin was broken, and i've fixed it.