Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

USA North East Dedi Provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

USA North East Dedi Provider

IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
edited November 2015 in Requests

Looking for a good North East USA dedicated server provider, one that offer co-lo, Looking to start off with a dedicated server with them and upgrade to co-lo in early 2016. Some requirements I am looking for:

• SLA Guarantee - 99.9% uptime
  • /24 IPv4 block
  • /48 IPv6
  • 20TB Bandwidth or 2x1Gbps Uplink
  • 32-64 GB RAM (LOWEST AMOUNT OF RAM Required)
  • 2x2 or 4 HDD or more (RAID required)
  • Cachevaule prefered
  • SSD Preferred but not needed I am fine with regular HDD drives.

Budget $75-$130/month firm will not go over $130/mo

Looking for the best deals preferable someone who has been in the business awhile and is NOT in the VPS selling business AT ALL, don't want any surprises down the road with IP usage or anything like that.

If you are a provider and have a good deal PM me if your a customer and have a review for a good provider please post below. Looking for some reviews from veteran members to base some decisions off.

Thanks in advance.

*If it is an exclusive offer for my eyes only just pm me.

Comments

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2015

haha, 75$ for a /24, 20TB BW, 32GB RAM and 2 HDDs with HW RAID? From a host that sells no VPS?

Yea... bad news.... not going to happen. Even your 130$ are insane.

Thanked by 2NexHost doughmanes
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

You want so much but aren't willing to pay for it

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

Not going to happen unless you raise your budget.

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited November 2015

@William said:
    haha, 75$ for a /24, 20TB BW, 32GB RAM and 2 HDDs with HW RAID? From a host that sells no VPS?

@William said:

@Awmusic12635 said:
    You want so much but aren't willing to pay for it
    @dearroy said:
    Not going to happen unless you raise your budget.

Well id have to say all of you are wrong i have 2 quality host who I have E3 and E5 hardware with and I have specs above, I me some specs may waiver a bit but not much so for 130$/mo i know I can get the specs ill just wait for a host to offer it.

Kindest Regards

Kalon Benton

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2015

IgniteServers said: Well id have to say all of you are wrong i have 2 quality host who I have E3 and E5 hardware with and I have specs above, I me some specs may waiver a bit but not much so for 130$/mo i know I can get the specs ill just wait for a host to offer it.

Link? I believe that when i see it. Including the /24 of course. 130$ for 32GB RAM+ with at least 2 HDDs and 20TB traffic.

• @William said:

Well im not going to link then but I have it, offer might of been just for me but they are providers here.

• From a host that does not sell VPS. In the North East.

I.... don't think i buy that story.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

IgniteServers said: Well id have to say all of you are wrong i have 2 quality host who I have E3 and E5 hardware with and I have specs above, I me some specs may waiver a bit but not much so for 130$/mo i know I can get the specs ill just wait for a host to offer it.

>

I'm not saying someone won't offer it, but you said you don't want surprises. At that pricing with IPs, you are going to get a surprise later down the road.

Thanked by 1tehdan
  • @William said:
    From a host that does not sell VPS. In the North East.

I.... don't think i buy that story.
    @Awmusic12635 said:
    I'm not saying someone won't offer it, but you said you don't want surprises. At that pricing with IPs, you are going to get a surprise later down the road.

Alright lets not get off topic still looking for a server with the specs above, if you dont have an offer save all the small talk....

Thanks

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • Good news: At that price, you have your bandwidth and some bare hardware paid for :)
    Bad news: At that price, thats all you have paid for.

• Does https://datashack.net work for you? their pricing is really good and im positive about their support aswel! the only downside would be the lack of DDoS protection, this might becomes a problem in the long run.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

If you increase your budget to around $150/month you'll find a number of really good options.

• @jbiloh said:
    If you increase your budget to around $150/month you'll find a number of really good options.

Yes I could do $150 I know you have NY locations have anything?

• @IgniteServers said:

Colocrossing is dedicated to uptime and you can never go wrong with them. It's time to move your infrastructure.

/

Thanked by 2doughmanes LordSpock
  • @IgniteServers said:

Pick up CC Buffalo and watch all your clients leave after the first week when their VPS can't handle .01Mbps downloads.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @Jonchun said:

Who do you prefer in the North East? CC pretty much has the North East tied up.

• @IgniteServers said:
    Who do you prefer in the North East? CC pretty much has the North East tied up.

I've heard great things about ReliableSite. If I'm not mistaken Psychz will be expanding to the East Coast shortly as well. However, you won't be getting anything close to your request with that budget. Honestly, I would recommend you focus on the locations you already have until you're ready to commit so that you can pay the $1k or so up front for a server with your requested specs and get it colo'd.

You might want to check out where @Francisco and @Nick_A have their stuff considering they're basically the go-to for quality VPS on this forum. (I know they have East Coast locations)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Jonchun - Thanks, but Choopa operates Vultr so it violates one of his main points.

To the OP, you're going to have a hard time to find someone with space like that floating around that isn't also swimming in the VPS market. I fully expect all dedicated server hosts out there to get into VPS just to make better margins than the loss leader offers brands that don't pay their vendors are doing.

On the East coast you have ServerMania, ColoCrossing, OVH, and maybe Quadranet in Miami with some decent IP space spare, but the first 2 operate many VPS brands, the 3rd goes out of its way to screw over its own customers, and the 4th has a cloud (might not be a concern).

I'm sure @Quadranet_Adam can arrange a deal on a server/colocation, but IP space you're best off leasing a /24 from someone and trying to long term lock the pricing if your brand can handle that. /24's are doing ~$70/month on average right now but expect that to easily double in the next 12 months.

Francisco

• tehdantehdan Member
    edited November 2015

@IgniteServers said:
    lets not get off topic

Whilst all things off topic are things you don't want to hear, not all things you don't want to hear are off topic.

People who are smarter than you are giving you advice on topic. You can't reject them as "off topic" just because they are not what you want to hear. You seem to expect this board to be 50% immediate answers to your stupid questions and 50% fools who will buy service from you - it isn't.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
    edited November 2015

@Francisco said:

The /24 block I already have a long term lease on one so I just need the server. Forgot to put that in OP when making the thread.

The server itself needs to be $130-$150

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited November 2015

hudsonvalleyhost - Send a sales ticket and I'm sure they can easily do a 20TB (old) E3 in buffalo.

• so you've gone from wanting a server including ips to 'remembering' you have an unused /24 lying around and being willing to pay more than double the low end of your original budget for server /without/ IPs included.

Do you still maintain the people who told you your budget was too low were "off topic"?

edited November 2015

@tehdan said:
    so you've gone from wanting a server including ips to 'remembering' you have an unused /24 lying around and being willing to pay more than double the low end of your original budget for server /without/ IPs included.

Do you still maintain the people who told you your budget was too low were "off topic"?

Not sure what your trying to make of this little situation your egging on but

http://i.imgur.com/TQUkfov.png
    http://i.imgur.com/6NiCF6M.png

Both in my price range one I have my own /24 block with the other /24 is provided by the provider. Maybe the North East locations are a bit higher which is why I increased by budget. Doesn't have anything to do with what previous people said or what not I simple said if your not posting an offer then its not relevant to my needs. Which is not rude or anything of that nature. I just don't want my thread to turn into a bunch of everything else and no offers "if thats ok with you".

• tehdantehdan Member
    edited November 2015

@IgniteServers said:
    Maybe the North East locations are a bit higher which is why I increased by budget. Doesn't have anything to do with what previous people said

You now seem to be disrespecting members of this community to the point of pretending that their feedback 'you need to raise your budget' had nothing to do with you significantly raising your budget.

This is not your forum, its called lowendtalk.com not lowendjusthostingoffers.com. When asking in a public forum you need to respect that members of the community may wish to express their opinions (and even - goodness knows why - try to give you some friendly advice). You might even go so far as to thank them, rather than pretend you know everything which you've already made it abundantly clear you do not.

If you want to set rules like 'offer posts only' I suggest you go and set up igniteforums.com - I have no doubt people will be beating down your door to do your homework for you.

Also - those MS Paint-job specs - do the servers come with a Windows RG license?

edited November 2015

@tehdan said:

Just what I did not want my thread to turn into.

Noted everything you said, but back to actually looking for offers

Thank you.

I don't pretend to know everything I just posted specifically what I was looking for so not sure what your talking about. Your right members are entitled to speak whatever they please as I am allowed to also, and I said what I needed to. So in the meantime ill continue to look for offers. That is what this thread is about me spending my money on a server not advise or opinions.

I mean if I went to a car dealership and asked to buy a 2014 Chrysler I don't want the sales rep advising me on other cars or opinions on what comes in the 2014 Chrysler I just specifically want the car ........

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

WebNX opened a NY location a while ago, they had a special -> E3-1231v3 32gb DDR3 ECC ram, 256GB SSD 30TB over 1gbps port $29

Webnx is pretty great.

• The fact you think LET is just some sort of server dealership is why you are fundamentally coming across as a complete asshat.

Also what you actually did was walk into a Chrysler dealership and offer the kind of money that would get you laughed out of the place.

Thanked by 1IgniteServers
  • @IgniteServers said:
    Both in my price range one I have my own /24 block with the other /24 is provided by the provider. Maybe the North East locations are a bit higher which is why I increased by budget. Doesn't have anything to do with what previous people said or what not I simple said if your not posting an offer then its not relevant to my needs. Which is not rude or anything of that nature. I just don't want my thread to turn into a bunch of everything else and no offers "if thats ok with you".

For that price? Share links in PM, please? :)

• Voxility, not sure about budget but you'll have a pricing guide once you sign up to choose from

Thanked by 1IgniteServers
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited November 2015

A dedicated server provider that isn't in the "cloud" business is a provider that wont survive the next 10 years.