Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bunch of cheap VPS with IPv4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bunch of cheap VPS with IPv4

Hello mates,

I need 3-4 cheap VPSes with 1 IPv4.

The requirements are:
1 IPv4. The servers should be hosted at different networks
Server spec doesn't matter.

Most cheap VMs are out of stock at http://lowendstock.com/

I will be using these VMs for my honeypot project.

Comments

• Thanks @rds100

• @Kupol location , budget ?

• @cociu

Location does not matter. What matters more is that I need each VM to be on a different ASN.
    My budget is $1-$2 per VM. Or $12-$15/yr per VM.

• We've got NJ and LA OVZ VPS for $2.25 a month or $20 a year. 1 IPv4 each. ;)

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

MooseVZ?

• MeanServersMeanServers Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

@Kupol said:
    cociu

Location does not matter. What matters more is that I need each VM to be on a different ASN.
    My budget is $1-$2 per VM. Or $12-$15/yr per VM.

Unmanaged 128MB LET Exclusive

Intel Xeon Processors

1 Core x1 Priority

10 GB SSD-Cached SAS 15k RAID 10 Hard Drives

128 MB RAM

75 GB Bandwidth

1 IPv4 IP Address

/64 Subnet IPv6 IP Addresses

KVM VPS Technology

$2/mo addon extravaganza!

Los Angeles, CA or Denver, CO

$15/year!

Click Here to Order Now!

Currently 5 in stock

• @MeanServers said:
    Currently 5 in stock

Each IP should be on a separate ASN #. Although I don't know why this is a requirement (spam?)...

• doghouch said: Each IP should be on a separate ASN #. Although I don't know why this is a requirement (spam?)...

He told you already - honeypots. If you don't know what a honeypot is - google it.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited November 2015

What do you get out of hosting honeypots? I can't see it changing the internet anyway.

Spambots will carry on.

Emailers will carry on.

Bruteforce bots and botnets will carry on.

• GM2015 said: What do you get out of hosting honeypots? I can't see it changing the internet anyway.

I think the goal is to make hacking less productive per unit of time/effort by having all these decoy targets all over the place.

It's the best plan we've got?

• I'd assume that most people behind such software/whatever they use would seek out hosts who wouldn't be bothered about complaints/dmca/legal threats etc, making honeypots + retaliating emails somewhat useless.

Some honeypot blacklists might be useful in some cases, like the spambot blacklists and sites using these plugins/apis/whatevers.

singsing said: I think the goal is to make hacking less productive per unit of time/effort by having all these decoy targets all over the place.