Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small plans of VPS in Asia for VPN services
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Small plans of VPS in Asia for VPN services

elgselgs Member
edited November 2015 in Requests

We are running VPN services and we are looking for small plans of VPS in Asia countries. 256MB RAM, 10GB HDD, 1 Core, 1IPv4, 100M port speed are sufficient. The budget is a bit low, better under $5 per month. Preferably locations are Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesian, Taiwan, India and South Korea. I understand some locations might be difficult with this budget, but I'm just trying to see if there's any possible offers. Thanks.

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2015

elgs said: I'm just trying to see if there's any possible offers.

Wait around then till someone with nothing better to do chimes in to copy-paste some links from http://exoticvps.com/ for you.

• @rm_ said:
    Wait around then till someone with nothing better to do chimes in to copy-paste some links from http://exoticvps.com/ for you.

I tried a lot (if not most) of low price Asian providers from exoticvps, the usable ones are still too expensive for me.

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited November 2015

I am surprise I don't see singapore in there, as I see most providers with asia locations have nodes in singapore.

On topic, why not vultr?

• Too expensive and many restrictions for VPN.

• @masterqqq said:
    I am surprise I don't see singapore in there, as I see most providers with asia locations have nodes in singapore.

On topic, why not vultr?

I got one in Singapore from DO, and one in Japan from Vultr, both $5 a month. So I didn't mention them.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @elgs said:
    I got one in Singapore from DO, and one in Japan from Vultr, both $5 a month. So I didn't mention them.

My bad

• elgselgs Member
    edited November 2015

@asil said:
    Too expensive and many restrictions for VPN.

We don't get many restrictions as we avoid those who disallow VPN usage in their TOS, actually not many providers disallow it. Also we don't have many users, so our CPU, bandwidth usage are pretty low. The real thing is still the price, since we are hoping to use them for longer time.

• @masterqqq said:
    My bad

No problem at all. Thanks for your suggestion. :)

• edited November 2015

@elgs said:
    We are running VPN services and we are looking for small plans of VPS in Asia countries. 256MB RAM, 10GB HDD, 1 Core, 100M port speed are sufficient. The budget is a bit low, better under $5 per month.

Surprised that Singapore wasn't mentioned, but here is one in Singapore
    http://littlehappycloud.net/singapore/

€5.25 Per Year, 128MB RAM + 128 vSwap, 15GB HDD, 1Gbps (from a speedtest), pretty good performance.

Any questions ask @anthonysmith haha

• @theroyalstudent said:
    Any questions ask anthonysmith haha

Thank you. Sorry I forgot to mention. I still need an IPv4 address.

• edited November 2015

@elgs said:
    Thank you. Sorry I forgot to mention. I still need an IPv4 address.

Its NAT'ed, with 20 ports on the IP address open to your server, meaning that you still get IPv4 access. You would have to configure the OpenVPN ports to the range you're given though, which isn't an issue. Port 80 is open, you can have certain domains pointed to your specific server (SNI?)

If your users are trying to bypass GFW but not access prohibited content in Singapore then contact me, I can get some stuff sorted out - my home connection sounds good for that (200mbps unlimited)

Thanked by 1elgs
  • elgselgs Member
    edited November 2015

@theroyalstudent said:
    If your users are trying to bypass GFW but not access prohibited content in Singapore then contact me, I can get some stuff sorted out - my home connection sounds good for that (200mbps unlimited)

Thanks. We are still supporting PPTP and L2TP. I think we will also follow OpenVPN. Again thanks for the information.

• really rare provider in Indonesia offer 100 mbps to IX

• @tommy said:
    really rare provider in Indonesia offer 100 mbps to IX

Hey @dediserve what will the bw speed in JKT? 10mbps?

• @NanoG6 said:
    Hey dediserve what will the bw speed in JKT? 10mbps?

JKT will be identical to all locations. Same hardware, enterprise SSD and 250Mbps uplinks as standard.

• @dediserve said:

Wow inside and outside indonesia?

• I already got an offer from 123host.vn, all is good except 15Mbps connection is a bit slow.

• We're deploying with 10g local peering and multi gig back to Singapore for international transit.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • hienhien Member
    edited November 2015

elgs said: I already got an offer from 123host.vn, all is good except 15Mbps connection is a bit slow.

It's just international bandwidth caps because international bandwidth in Asia is very expensive, we've already plan to increase this bandwidth caps in next year. Speed is usually higher. We're owned IP range, so we can optimize network path as much as possible if your speed is slow.

Thanked by 2sunboy elgs
  • winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

Indonesia to International link (speed) is the most expensive one in the world. So, if anyone stated about > 50 MB/s IX link...hmm, then he probably might own a DC or is preparing one.
    One of the biggest Indonesia provider, PadiNet, has a bandwidth of 500 MB total for International lately. So I'm not sure if someone one a rack could mention anything beyond.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

We have VPS in Vietnam but a little bit higher price than your expected price. But our lowest plan has 1GB RAM with SSD in RAID-10, very good international bandwidth. You can check more here: https://greencloudvps.com/1gbps-kvm-ssd-vietnam-vps.php
    Looking glass: http://lgvn.greencloudvps.com/
    Coupon LET to get 10% off recurring.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • winnervps said: Indonesia to International link (speed) is the most expensive one in the world. So, if anyone stated about > 50 MB/s IX link...hmm, then he probably might own a DC or is preparing one.

eh, no.

Africa is far more expensive - an Mbit in Nigeria costs you "just" 400$.

• Still, some Nigerians are generous people when they let you know about all those monies they inherited from camel crap.

William said: Nigeria costs you "just" 400$.

• winnervps said: One of the biggest Indonesia provider, PadiNet, has a bandwidth of 500 MB total for International lately

how about Telkom dkk,Indosat, Firstmedia, NAP, myrepublic? they have more than 500 Mbps

• @tommy said:
    how about Telkom dkk,Indosat, Firstmedia, NAP, myrepublic? they have more than 500 Mbps

i'm sure telkom indonesia, indosat, NAPinfo (mcs-ix) have multiple 10G because they own submarine cable to international network

afaik firstmedia and myrepublic offer internet connection for residential and soho not for datacenter

cmiiw

• @NDTN said:
    We have VPS in Vietnam but a little bit higher price than your expected price. But our lowest plan has 1GB RAM with SSD in RAID-10, very good international bandwidth. You can check more here: https://greencloudvps.com/1gbps-kvm-ssd-vietnam-vps.php
    Looking glass: http://lgvn.greencloudvps.com/
    Coupon LET to get 10% off recurring.

Thanks. Any chance to get something under $5 for lower RAM?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2015

NDTN said: We have VPS in Vietnam

Uh, where do you host? Your IP range is a DHCP range for end-user cable links and not in a datacenter... (though with Viettel this does not mean much, they move around IPs a lot due to lack thereof)

descr: Vung dia chi danh cho dich vu Internet Cable tai Tp HCM

• @William said:
    descr: Vung dia chi danh cho dich vu Internet Cable tai Tp HCM

What does this mean?

@William, seems you have some insights into them?

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

@elgs said:

If you want to do a VPN service, your best bet would be Singapore. Transit to and for all Asia Pacific re-route mostly to this country.

@shell said:

Most providers in Indonesia use JASUKA (owned by Telkom) and Matrix MCIX (NAP) please seek http://www.submarinecablemap.com/#/landing-point/jakarta-indonesia

Jakarta to Singapore is different than Jakarta to USA (IX transit) ;) Padinet just owned the 500 MBps to IX (as Singapore is counted as APAC transit and would have a multiple 10G through NAP FO submarine cable, as you said I believe). I believe many providers bought or owned those IX, as well. But I don't know if someone in a DC own only a rack bought a direct 500 MBps IX transit :D

The fact that someone at IDC D3 (one of Indonesia's DC) owned 4 racks and has only a 10 MBps of IX connection (and 30 MBps of SG connection, but local/IIX/Indonesia connection is 1 GBps unlimited) thus will suffered the VPN service provider, targeting transit from and/to APAC (instead if you are targetting Indonesian market, it would be good idea then). That's why I'm not recommending any other places than Singapore as I've seen many failed.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • @winnervps said:
    The fact that someone at IDC D3 (one of Indonesia's DC) owned 4 racks and has only a 10 MBps of IX connection (and 30 MBps of SG connection, but local/IIX/Indonesia connection is 1 GBps unlimited) thus will suffered the VPN service provider, targeting transit from and/to APAC (instead if you are targetting Indonesian market, it would be good idea then). That's why I'm not recommending any other places than Singapore as I've seen many failed.

Thanks. Great insights.