Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest 1Gbps unmetered, non-shared port
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest 1Gbps unmetered, non-shared port

Hello guys

I am starting to build a low-cost streaming CDN, so basically I am looking for dedicated servers with non-shared 1Gbps port with unmetered traffic. Well, at least 100Tb of traffic per month.

I see a lot of offers floating in between 150-160EUR/USD, but probably you have better deals in mind?

Hardware is not very crucial, around 8Gb of ram and any processor unless it's atom, hard drives are not important too.

More interested in US/UK/IR/FR/NL/DE locations

Thanks!

Comments

• dedicated servers should not have shared NIC, only vps

• msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited November 2015

If you are looking for 100TB+ traffic, how about 100TB.com? Price is a bit high, but maybe you can ask for a customized quote?

• at0micat0mic Member
    edited November 2015

@century1stop said:
    dedicated servers should not have shared NIC, only vps

I might have described improperly: most providers plug in a rack with servers into a switch which shares a port between all of them. So the port might have 1Gbps but it's shared between multiple machines.

• FuslFusl Member
    edited November 2015

century1stop said: dedicated servers should not have shared NIC, only vps

They probably mean shared switch uplink.

RapidSwitch is the only provider that I used so far that has real gigabit unmetered. They don't care how much you use in the end if you don't cause other issues in their network (like very high PPS (>few million PPS)):

You should not look at the stock prices on the web site and instead just ask them for a special offer.

• @msg7086 said:
    If you are looking for 100TB+ traffic, how about 100TB.com? Price is a bit high, but maybe you can ask for a customized quote?

Thanks for suggestion! However I doubt they will lower that a lot.

• at0micat0mic Member
    edited November 2015

Fusl said: RapidSwitch is the only provider that I used so far that has real gigabit unmetered

I see they have unmetered for 500 pounds. That's a lot. I will ask them for an offer

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2015

500 GBP is an excellent price for a truly dedicated 1Gbps, if the network blend is right. If you want to go down with the price, you will sacrifice the quality.

Delivering what you ask at 500 GBP already requires quite a bit of cutting corners.

• at0micat0mic Member
    edited November 2015

@Clouvider said:
    500 GBP is an excellent price for a truly dedicated 1Gbps, if the network blend is right. If you want to go down with the price, you will sacrifice the quality.

Delivering what you ask at 500 GBP already requires quite a bit of cutting corners.

You see, for that money it is possible to get 6-8 servers with guaranteed 200Mbit/s each which will result in the same or even higher bandwidth with burst ability. And they will be distributed between various DCs which is even better for CDN.

As ideally it won't be the single server, don't care about constant quality much, but it should handle burst efficiently and without moans.

And comeon, it's a lowendtalk :) It's obvious that you get what you pay for, and it's all about balancing between price and quality

• at0mic said: You see, for that money it is possible to get 6-8 servers with guaranteed 200Mbit/s each

Well yes, maybe you should just do that?

• @4n0nx said:
    Well yes, maybe you should just do that?

I am doing that way now. It's a price question that bothers me. With 500 pounds per gpbs obviously it's more efficient. With 100 pounds per gbps it is not. I am looking for a way to reduce costs per TB.

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

https://www.worldstream.nl/select-10gigabit.php?id=147
    Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 3.40GHz
    Memory: 8GB ECC DDR3 RAM
    Drive 1 :500GB HDD
    Unmetered Volume Network
    1 Gigabit Unmetered
    Guaranteed speed: 1 Gbps
    iDRAC, Remote Reboot/reinstallations
    SLA Economy-Support on best effort

• at0mic said: I am doing that way now. It's a price question that bothers me. With 500 pounds per gpbs obviously it's more efficient. With 100 pounds per gbps it is not. I am looking for a way to reduce costs per TB.

Even Cogent wants 600 EUR for 1 gigabit of internet transit. He.net is cheaper, but no transit provider sells at 100 GBP per gigabit, even at very large commits. So for 100 GBP per gigabit it is going to be shared, no way around that.

• zevuszevus Member
    edited November 2015

the reliablesite.net has an intel atom for $49 after WHT20 (i think?) coupon, it is gigabit dedicated, 10TB. sadly the extra bandwidth costs a fortune

but you could buy 10 of those, and then have 10gbit 100TB for $500!!11

and that worldstream offer is quite good, though i wonder just how old that generic 500GB HDD is. i doubt it could keep up with the 10gbps/2gbps upgrade

• cassacassa Member
    edited November 2015

We can add a dedicated unmetered 1Gbps uplink to a server hosted with us for €450,- a month.

Thanked by 1nc80
  • zevus said: the reliablesite.net has an intel atom for $49

Atoms can't handle gigabit traffic, that is why they are cheap on gigabit plans.

• I can get you 1 Gbps Unmetered for a very cost effective price, please shoot me a PM. It'll be in Los Angeles.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

at0mic said: Atoms can't handle gigabit traffic, that is why they are cheap on gigabit plans.

That's why, you won't get a serious, not oversold, reliable quote for less than what the cheapest connectivity provider charges. You need a dedicated, unmetered 1 Gbit/s, you need to seriously increase your budget. As simple as that.

• at0mic said: Atoms can't handle gigabit traffic, that is why they are cheap on gigabit plans.

Absolute bullshit, a D425 handles Gbit just fine.

Thanked by 2vimalware eastonch
  • William said: Absolute bullshit, a D425 handles Gbit just fine.

Think I can try testing it, did not get my hands on Atoms with Gpbs yet but have read few articles stating their performance is poor on high traffic.

• More likely they're bottlenecking with other scripts that are concurrently running. Maybe they won't for your application of them but they certainly work well :).