Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dacentec Upcoming Outage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dacentec Upcoming Outage

Date
Monday, November 2 2015

Impact
Data Center:
801 Main Street NW, Lenoir, NC

Details
We briefly experienced an issue that may have impacted your network services at Dacentec. At this time traffic has been restored, but we are planning to make emergency modifications to protect against any further failures. The changes will require route re-convergence on the affected network devices. Our targeted window is below, however should the issue re-occur prior to the planned window we will make the changes immediately:

Start: Monday, November 2, 2015 13:30 PM EST
End: Monday, November 2, 2015 14:30 AM EST

Users may experience route re-convergence during the maintenance window.

Support
Dacentec’s support team will be available for assistance 24/7. For questions, concerns, or to report a problem, please contact [email protected].

Comments

• That maintenance window was already over by the time you posted this. 2:30pm EST was 45 mins ago.

• @mikeyur said:
    That maintenance window was already over by the time you posted this. 2:30pm EST was 45 mins ago.

I think they mean 2:30AM...

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

This outage hit one of my servers yesterday and this morning. All seems well now but we shall see after maintenance what happens :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

IThinkUFailed said: I think they mean 2:30AM...

it is still past :P

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • @IThinkUFailed said:
    I think they mean 2:30AM...

14:30 AM? Clearly a typo.

• @mikeyur said:
    14:30 AM? Clearly a typo.

Could be their system setting it to 24 hour clock or just human error. Regardless I don't think I had any issues

• I was impacted and it's what? The third time this week where there were routes gone to hell and major packet loss all over; but now they appear to have solved it with this maintenance. It was getting rather frustrating at one point ;)