Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Canada Down? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Canada Down?

Comments

• zevus said: Are you an #OVH Refugee? Take 99% off the first month of our Cloud Hosting with code cartika99% !

lelel only like 5-10 times the price of OVH

Clouvider said: Quality offered by OVH. Most fibers going via the same route. So expected.

Yet they have more uptime than anyone else. >.>

• HOST: cc.server       Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
      1. 10.8.21.189            0.0%    10    0.8   0.8   0.7   1.3   0.2
      2. 10.8.32.93             0.0%    10    0.6   0.8   0.5   2.2   0.6
      3. 10.8.43.9              0.0%    10    0.1   0.6   0.1   4.8   1.5
      4. 10.8.32.57             0.0%    10    0.2   0.2   0.2   0.3   0.0
      5. buf-b1-link.telia.net  0.0%    10    0.6   0.5   0.4   0.6   0.1
      6. ???                   100.0    10    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0
      7. ???                   100.0    10    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0
      8. nwk-1-a9.nj.us        10.0%    10   28.5  27.5  25.9  28.5   0.9
      9. mtl-1-6k.qc.ca         0.0%    10   53.8  93.1  35.8 215.3  73.4
     10. bhs-g1-a9.qc.ca       20.0%    10   98.3 100.0  98.3 101.1   0.9
     11. bhs-3b-a9.qc.ca       60.0%    10  100.2 100.8  98.3 103.3   2.1
     12. ???                   100.0    10    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0

It's down down down... lol

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

4n0nx said: Yet they have more uptime than anyone else. >.>

or Downtime, especially in Canada.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Not even sweating it. I've had little patches of downtime during this, mostly up and running fine throughout it. I love OVH :)

Thanked by 3netomx karjaj Issam2204
  • Clouvider said: or Downtime, especially in Canada.

I had great uptime, especially in Canda.

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • @emmd19 said:
    Still getting 100% packet loss here.

hmm, my dacentec server is getting 100%. home connection is getting this:

Ping statistics for 198.27.90.xxx:
        Packets: Sent = 1318, Received = 493, Lost = 825 (62% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
        Minimum = 108ms, Maximum = 218ms, Average = 116ms

• How does SLA work with Kimsufi? Do they just take a chunk off each invoice?

• What does Dacentec have to do with OVH?

edited November 2015

4n0nx said: I had great uptime, especially in Canda.

Well up, but not usable.

http://status.ovh.net/?do=details&id=9637

http://status.ovh.net/?do=details&id=9603

Two quite major fiber breaks causing major issues due to not enough link diversity / resiliency.

So 3 major issues within less than 6 months. By my books that's not stable, nor reliable. If that would be any of our suppliers we wouldn't have any ties with them any more.

But it always works like that, you get what you pay for.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@Clouvider said:
    Quality offered by OVH. Most fibers going via the same route. So expected.

Their main routing is MTL-Newark which pass mostly all at the same place, since there is not so much Fiber routing to Beauharnois. Most of their redundancy are not already up and the one that are up are via Montreal or Toronto, which use another route in the inverse direction.

This kind of outage can happen to any DC, however the impact is a lot more bigger with a DC that have the size of OVH.

• @Clouvider said:
    Quality offered by OVH. Most fibers going via the same route. So expected.

1. Karma is a bitc* ... so about bashing on other providers...

2. Yo wrote it as it is the usual situation... Everyone that uses BHS (or do some research and do some know about that weakness and also knows that another 600 Gbps and 200 Gbps routes are expected to came soon ...

Thanked by 1joshin
  • @ATHK said:
    How does SLA work with Kimsufi? Do they just take a chunk off each invoice?

I just asked about this https://twitter.com/elijahpaul/status/661264437651881984.

I'm not sure, but I think they credit your account. I intend to find out for myself (Got 4 Kimsufi servers in BHS1).

davidgestiondbi said: Their main routing is MTL-Newark which pass mostly all at the same place, since there is not so much Fiber routing to Beauharnois.

They should have chosen a different location then. It's not like anyone have forced them to build it in this exact place, right ?

davidgestiondbi said: This kind of outage can happen to any DC, however the impact is a lot more bigger with a DC that have the size of OVH.

3 times within a 6 month period? Please. That's why you build diverse fiber network to avoid such problems like this.

Anyone who calls themselves Enterprise (and that's what OVH does, they even have their server enterprise lines) should be ashamed of themselves for such poor reliability.

coolice said: Yo wrote it as it is the usual situation...

Well, googling OVH BHS down doesn't exactly return 0 results.

• Mean you write is as it is usual situation with OVH anywhere...

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Clouvider said: Well up, but not usable.

Well well someone's jellymad because OVH builds an entire datacenter and still performs better with what he charges for a single server.

I can't remember having had a single outage with OVH...

Now I am enjoying the same quality with online.net, also for a price that is dangerously close near 0. :-)

@coolice said:
    Mean you write is as it is usual situation with OVH anywhere...

Agreed, could have been more clear here. It doesn't mean they don't have their fair share of issues in other locations, but I agree that BHS location is significantly less reliable than other locations operated by them.

• Clouvider said: Agreed, could have been more clear here. It doesn't mean they don't have their fair share of issues in other locations, but I agree that BHS location is significantly less reliable than other locations operated by them.

Not from my experience.. GRA did not always deliver full bandwidth because thats where they put all the kimsufis :P

4n0nx said: Well well someone's jellymad because OVH builds an entire datacenter and still performs better with what he charges for a single server.

Nope. Our best Customers are the ones that have been heavily burned by OVH. :-).

4n0nx said: I can't remember having had a single outage with OVH...

Including at the moment?

• @elijahpaul said:
    I'm not sure, but I think they credit your account. I intend to find out for myself (Got 4 Kimsufi servers in BHS1).

I've never seen a "credit" area, however I just noticed an invoice yesterday it mentions discounts down the bottom..

I can't login nor download one to confirm, I have a french one though..

Pas d'escompte.

Tout incident de paiement est passible de pénalités de retard calculées sur la base de trois fois le taux
    d’intérêt légal en vigueur en France, avec un montant d’indemnité forfaitaire minimum de 40 euros.

Which translates roughly to

No discount. Any payment incident is liable to penalties calculated on the basis of three times the rate legal interest in force in France, with an amount of liquidated damages

• But OVH is better right? Not sure how things like this is better but the general consensus doesn't lie, so....

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • "But OVH is better right"

Going by this thread, apples an oranges. OVH take care of several hundred thousand servers. The average LET provider... how many, 10? Pure armchair commentary ;)

Thanked by 3jar alexvolk Dylan
  • @Damian said:
    But OVH is better right? Not sure how things like this is better but the general consensus doesn't lie, so....

OVH is the parent of Kimsufi, they seem to have higher prices and better support.. I'll just assume their equipment is in the same DCs as they own most if not all of them.

• Clouvider said: with what he charges for a single server.

Nope. Our best Customers are the ones that have been heavily burned by OVH. :-).

4n0nx said: I can't remember having had a single outage with OVH...

Including at the moment?

I expect you to live up to your big mouth :-) P.S.: Where is your outage tracker? Oh you have never had an outage?

Thanked by 1IgniteServers
  • First network issue after a year and a half of rock solid service at BHS for pennies a month - meh, shit happens.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • The best provider will this have downtime or outages its technology you cant prevent it so might as well live with it.

4n0nx said: I expect you to live up to your big mouth :-)

I don't know what exactly you want to prove here. Clearly they have problems at the moment and your tracker shows 100% uptime.

Thanked by 1IgniteServers
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited November 2015

Also seeing downtime with OVH Canada @IgniteServers

@4n0nx uptimerobot free won't record those short downtimes.

• Clouvider said: your tracker shows 100% uptime.

That's just the "beginner" bug in UR. Now it's 50%, I am giving you a headstart Mr. Jelly M.D.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Taking the opportunity to take shots at other providers for downtime is a rookie mistake. Karma is a a cruel mistress.