Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Configurable Options
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Configurable Options

zafouharzafouhar Veteran
edited December 2012 in Help

Again i need to ask here as the support at WHMCS seems to be somewhat slow to respond. The Configurable Options allow up to 27 options for some strange reason which i cannot understand - does anyone know if this is a bug or if there is some setting somewhere for this?

Comments

• DamianDamian Member
    edited December 2012

What do you need more than 27 options for? I don't think i've configured more than 5 for any particular product.

• Its for the operating systems. @Damian

• For what do you need more then 27 options???

• I need it for a list of operating systems (with different versions etc). @joodle

• @zafouhar said: Its for the operating systems. @Damian

Why make users confused during up? Offer some major ones during signup and let them reinstall if the desire. Too many option makes me run away.

• Yes i thought of that @NHRoel - but it would be nice to know if anyway i can fix this or if this is a bug.

• I would put max 5 OSes and note that clients can choose from more in the control panel.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited December 2012

@NHRoel said: Offer some major ones during signup and let them reinstall if the desire.

This. We don't even let the user choose an OS when signing up; they're assigned a template called 'Default OS Notification Template', then they install their preferred OS from Solus once they've signed up. This effects two things:

1. The user is forced to log in to Solus; this ensures that the user knows how-to and where it is, and isn't having password issues.
    2. We only have to maintain one list: the template list in Solus.

The default OS notification template is an extremely minimal Debian template that shows this to the user:

Surprisingly, we've had, maybe, 5 support tickets about it for the entire time we've been doing it this way.

• @zafouhar said: I need it for a list of operating systems (with different versions etc).

Oh lol, but they can choose the OS in the VPS control panel right? just use some default e.g CentOS 32 and 64 Debian 32 and 64 etc on the order page

• Yes they can choose the OS from the VPS Control Panel, so i'll just put a couple of OS's then @joodle

• @Damian said: This. We don't even let the user choose an OS when signing up; they're assigned a template called 'Default OS Notification Template', then they install their preferred OS from Solus once they've signed up. This effects two things:

The user is forced to log in to Solus; this ensures that the user knows how-to and where it is, and isn't having password issues.

We only have to maintain one list: the template list in Solus.
    The default OS notification template is an extremely minimal Debian template that shows this to the user:

The user should never have to login to solusvm. We wrote a script where users can reinstall their OS from whmcs (using the OS configurable options from purchase time).... could extend it a little to pull OS from solusvm instead of manually putting in configurable options..... but recommending that clients SHOULD and NEED to login to solus is not really something I would do.

• @Corey said: We wrote a script where users can reinstall their OS from whmcs (using the OS configurable options from purchase time)

We are, unfortunately, not at this level of integration yet.

• @Corey

I thought Solus had an user interface for a reason :S

• @Corey said: but recommending that clients SHOULD and NEED to login to solus is not really something I would do.

Might as well just uninstall solusvm then

• @BronzeByte said: @Corey

I thought Solus had an user interface for a reason :S

Yea for people that don't have an integration with their billing system. Not running people through solus makes it so that at any time you could switch your backend for managing the vps after modifying your whmcs integration scripts.

There is also a looming solusvm bug for passwords that doesn't even give an error message yet... this could be fixed by writing a custom whmcs script to change the password on the vps and give error messages if it is over 8 characters long or has special characters so people don't open tickets and say they can't access their vps after changing the root password.

• @gubbyte said: Might as well just uninstall solusvm then

No, you might as well not uninstall solusvm.... what brought you to that conclusion? It is still managing all the vps actions and provides many administration features.

• WHMCS has some limitations indeed. A few days ago we asked if we could add configurable options and exclude them for getting a discount with a coupon. The answer was no...
    Also there is no way for us to let the clients know what are the NS they have registered for their domains.

It takes a couple of hours to get a response from their ticket system, but we think the waiting time is not that a big deal. Some times they respond with a patched file that will fix our issue.

• @hostdog said: Also there is no way for us to let the clients know what are the NS they have registered for their domains.

As far as I am aware that is not a WHMCS issue.