Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

openvz: Load Averages 0.43 0.16 0.07
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

openvz: Load Averages 0.43 0.16 0.07

Its huge load for an ovz server? i think have many users hm?

Comments

• That doesn't look like a lot of load. What are you doing on the server?

Have you run top?

Have you run htop?

Have you looked at bandwidth graphs?

Currently I have a server at 2.10 load.

• No, it's not a lot of load, depending on what are the server's specs and what is the use. If you really want to know if this is a normal load, you should post here details of the vps and the usage of it.

• im running a apache mysql php dovecot postfix and wordpress its all i not really have many visitors still ;]

• @miklos said:
    im running a apache mysql php dovecot postfix and wordpress its all i not really have many visitors still ;]

Sounds like a crawler / password cracker is hitting your site. Seems normal to have temp load bumps.

May want to install some protection / caching on your wordpress.

The above suggestions are due to the lack of information you have provided. Provide more info and we will provide more helpful suggestions.

Enjoy!

• First of all, it depends on what the vps specs are. You will see different load to a vps of 256MB ram, 1/2 vcpu and a single HDD compared to a 4 core access and 2GB ram and a raid array of ssd drives. So, without that infos, we cannot provide you with opinions about the load.
    Also, check the logs for the visitors access to your site, when you see higher cpu load. Are there more visitors than before? Do you have any wordpress plugins (most of them are poorly written) that maybe cause more than normal load when they are be used?

• ovz tend to inherit higher average when node has a heavy load, no?

• @century1stop said:
    ovz tend to inherit higher average when node has a heavy load, no?

More like any virtualization will do that .

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited November 2015

@Mun said:
    very true but KVM handles vps load much better than ovz, probably xen does too, no experience with xen tho.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

miklos said: Its huge load for an ovz server?

no

• That's nothing. My main unbound instance with Makonix/YourServer:

load average: 5.04, 5.01, 5.00

• @k0nsl said:
    That's nothing. My main unbound instance with Makonix/YourServer:

load average: 5.04, 5.01, 5.00

What are you doing D: