Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More storage offers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

More storage offers?

pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
edited December 2012 in General

Anyone else cooking up a storage VPS offer? In the market for others.

Interested in seeing some gig speed offers with bandwidth month total xfer limits. Anyone thinking about bringing such an offer?

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

This is currently what we offer : http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/176739

Cannot do Gigabit but can do 100-300mbit

• Well 100-300mbit is headed in the right direction.

• We no offer storage plans you can check them out at
    https://billing.24khost.com/cart.php?gid=19

• We are working on a vps/cloud based storage offering using our Compellent system. It should provide the speeds you mention. What kind of pricing range would everyone look for in an offer such as this?

• Pricing the magic lowend pep talk :)

3-5 cents per gigabyte. Buy more, charge less per gigabyte.

I like ala carte pricing around this. Typically don't need much total transit a month. But this month actually using some storage nodes and throughput since got caught with pants down with big failed system.

• How much storage would you need? How much bandwidth?

• I tend to find 500GB blocks affordable @zachfedora. That's big enough to match many of standard "blocks" of data we allocate for our projects with some overhead space still available of course.

Bandwidth is sketchy. This month probably pumping 2-4TB by time all is said and done.

Other months, strictly backups might not even show up on your graphs. 10-100GB.

Problem is, as always, network speed and sluggish disk = IO Wait, slow throughput, lousy backup times, colliding backups perhaps... So we like to see data shipped out and done quick, when that actually happens.

• @24khost might get one or two, whats the server spec / raid setup?

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited December 2012

They are on our same cloud platform as all our vps with raid 10 with ssd cache.
    they are large servers. We have a few different setups depending on what hardware was the best price when we purchased.

• @Zen, I tend to try to stay in that 3-5 cent per gigabyte range. I know that might seem lean for many with newer, costly hardware.

There are offers in the storage world, but not enough in the lowend range. Most are 100Mbps or underperforming networks. One provider I used exited the storage market last month to focus on traditional VPS sales --- and that provider was darn good other than their port speed limits.

Fidgeting with @24khost storage offer right now. Impressed with the network. But what using there is a small 100GB instance suitable for source files and some scheduled wget/curl/etc. automation scripts to run on.

• I know we have a ton of space on our backup node which is running on 1Gbit. PM @lele0108 for a price.

• I'll vouch for @24khost any day. Servers are outright alarmingly fast. Up there in Ramnode's type speeds. Quick on the apt-get installs. Reboots are a few seconds (3-5 tops).

Plus the Fiberhub location in Vegas they use is great to all my other servers. Well, I think I have one out there that doesn't do well to Fiberhub, but all the rest run like lightening.

• @Patrick take a look at the plans https://billing.24khost.com/cart.php?gid=19
    we are having a 25% off sale right now coupon "D2R"

@RobertJFClarke Appreciate the compliment.

• I like Fliphost too :) Use them for other services. :)

Plans certainly need tweaked for my use.

• @pubcrawler What locations are you after?

edited December 2012

@pubcrawler Bandwidth speed I'm guessing?

• Yeah, bandwidth speed is an issue, always is. We use these for recovery purposes. When oh sh!t happens like this ongoing week.

Pulling one of our colos since it was useless in our time of need with it's meager 10Mbps port speed.

I'll PM you @Fliphost.