Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will be Philippines VPS will be cheap now.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Will be Philippines VPS will be cheap now.

Hello i read an article from PLDT has just launches it 1gbps. what do you think guys? is will be philippines vps now be like japan or singapore?

MANILA, Oct. 20 — Telco giant Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT) on Tuesday announced the unveiling of its PLDT HOME Fibr service.

PLDT HOME Fibr is the firm's latest technology that delivers powerful Internet speed of up to 1Gbps—the country’s fastest plan to date.
PLDT said that its first Gigabyte plan allows users to equal upload and download speeds. It also allows high-speed browsing, access to over 100 Cignal Digital TV channels and the country’s first symmetrical speed service.
This comes after PLDT HOME Fibr upgraded the speeds of all its plans from a minimum speed of 8 Mbps to 20 Mbps, all the way up to the 100 Mbps plan which was boosted to 200 Mbps earlier this year.
Fibr is now available in over 1,600 Fibr-powered villages nationwide, including Valle Verde 1-6, Forbes Park, Dasmarinas Village and Ayala Alabang Village, among others, with plans starting at Php 1, 899.
The introduction of this new service also comes after partnerships with global content providers; South East Asia’s biggest internet TV provider iflix and the region’s biggest broadcaster Fox International Channels (Fox), the country’s number one pay TV provider Cignal TV and the country’s award-winning music portal Spinnr.
The telco said that access to all the world-class multimedia content from these partners came free with any Fibr subscription.
PLDT HOME VP and HOME Marketing Director Gary Dujali, in a statement, welcomed the telco’s latest development.
“These massive speed boosts and the new symmetrical speeds combined with our unparalleled offers let our subscribers experience the ultimate digital lifestyle at the comforts of their home,” Dujali said.
“As the country’s most powerful broadband, PLDT HOME Fibr stands firm on its commitment to provide topnotch services for its consumers, reinforcing the strongest connections at home,” he added. (PNA)
RMA/FPV/ANP

Comments

• No.

PH internet is dominated by them and most other ISPs have not even a good route locally - all goes via HKIX or even worse via LAX.

PLDT colo and BW in DC is very expensive, easily 25$/Mbit unless your traffic is 100% within their network (local traffic is much cheaper).

Thanked by 1rm_
  • PH internet sucks. lol

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

I stayed in Philippines for 7months , used PLDT internet most of the time in the house I rented , internet connection was quit good , but sadly there are lot of disasters in there , which can be an issue for some people

• @princedastan79 said:
    is will be philippines vps now be like japan or singapore?

Maybe in a million years. PH is shitty in almost every way.

• RIYAD said: I stayed in Philippines for 7months , used PLDT internet most of the time in the house I rented , internet connection was quit good , but sadly there are lot of disasters in there , which can be an issue for some people

If you stay either within PLDT network or a good connection of their peer (HKIX or one of their rare non-oversold-as-fuck ports in LAX) the quality is ok - It is not worse than ID/MY ISPs but not as good as HK/SG either (which mainly have it nice due to size for local traffic/fiber and large cable landing points for int).

Them using their insane market share (plus gov backing) to force other ISPs to buy their BW for even local traffic (like in AU) is bad though and should not be supported - Ideally all ISPs of a country should be forced to peer within the country at own costs at a carrier neutral location (like Brazil does), it literally has no disadvantages besides less profit - it is not a minus operation, improves quality of service and also prevents some spy attacks (like on submarine cable landing points etc.).

• No and it won't be. There aren't much data centres here in PH. You can only rent a VPS from an ISP (who has a DC) and colo is not much of an option due to lack of other DC.

The network is also not that stable. I am using PLDT as my home isp and most of the time some websites even facebook is not loading fast.

Lastly, it's a hurricane prone area. Expect a lot of power and network interruptions.

• That announcement is for residential service.

• edited November 2015

@last_wizard4 said:
    No and it won't be. There aren't much data centres here in PH. You can only rent a VPS from an ISP (who has a DC) and colo is not much of an option due to lack of other DC.

The network is also not that stable. I am using PLDT as my home isp and most of the time some websites even facebook is not loading fast.

Lastly, it's a hurricane prone area. Expect a lot of power and network interruptions.

Yeah, there is typhoon who attack us last time it take 2 weeks to make internet back lol, also some isp's there are corrupt. There are un upcoming datacenter in Philippines who names TELSTRA. from australia i think.

• @marl said:
    PH internet sucks. lol

What about Canada? Our Internet plans barely hit 100 mbps/second. Besides, the speed never actually hits the guaranteed speed. 1 GBPS is a dream. Far in the distance :/

• @doghouch said:
    What about Canada? Our Internet plans barely hit 100 mbps/second. Besides, the speed never actually hits the guaranteed speed. 1 GBPS is a dream. Far in the distance :/

And what about Australia? Count yourself lucky you have 100mbit, mate.

• I second 0xdragon. A true 5mbps is a dream here in PH.

• Never in a million years, you still have to consider high electricity charges on top of poor infrastructure, prevalent corruption in all corners of the government, high tax rates, and business monopoly. Which then disgusts investors to even start business in the country making a lot of equipment (and services) expensive or scarce or even unavailable.

• @0xdragon said:

We don't have 5 mbps plans anymore. My provider only has 7 mbps plans to 20 mbps. The reason that none of the plans are 100 mbps+ are because we have lousy copper just like Australia. FTTH is only coming in 20 years.