Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestion: New "LookAtMyWebsite" category
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggestion: New "LookAtMyWebsite" category

gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
edited December 2012 in General

There are a lot of threads along the lines "how do you like my design", "what additional features would you like to see", "is my website down" etc.

I suggest to introduce a category for such threads so that we can hide them if we don't want them.

Comments

• I suggest we name the new category /dev/null

• can we also have a category for people to complain about the forum and its threads

• How about we don't make a new area and call these design rates off topic?

• @gubbyte said: can we also have a category for people to complain about the forum and its threads

That feature already exists

• @miTgiB said: That feature already exists

+1 miTgiB

• @miTgiB said: That feature already exists

agreed.

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited December 2012

That's just a bit too much. Offtopic is there for all of that.

• We already have a Look at My Website category

• jhjh Member
    edited December 2012

I think it would be good to have a new, serious category for website reviews and feedback, regulate it carefully and in particularly impose a limit on the number of posts per time period.

• No. I don't want to see a webmaster forum. Put reviews on off topic, have fun.

• There's a lot of stuff i'd rather not see/have no interest in/is completely stupid on this forum. It's the yin/yang of the universe; I just don't look at it.

• @Taz said: No. I don't want to see a webmaster forum. Put reviews on off topic, have fun.

Exactly. Neither want i. Therefor i suggested an own category for the webmaster threads so that i can unsubscribe from it and don't need to see them anymore.

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Exactly. Neither want i. Therefor i suggested an own category for the webmaster threads so that i can unsubscribe from it and don't need to see them anymore.

Sounds a bit selfish.

• @gubbyte said: Sounds a bit selfish.

Why?

• You only want this category so you don't see the threads anymore.

• @gubbyte said: You only want this category so you don't see the threads anymore.

So? Are you saying i should only make suggestions that i don't support myself?

• @gsrdgrdghd said: So? Are you saying i should only make suggestions that i don't support myself?

It means you should vote for not having these threads to begin with (which is what you want) and not have a trash can for it.

• @concerto49 said: It means you should vote for not having these threads to begin with (which is what you want) and not have a trash can for it.

Why would that be a better solution? If such threads are allowed in the General section, people that don't want to see them have to see them.

If such threads are forbidden, people that want to post them can't post them.

If there is a dedicated section for them people that don't want to see them don't see them, people that want to post them can post them and everyone is happy.

• Lets not clean it all. Such threads are a random party !

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@miTgiB said: That feature already exists

+100

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I wish Vanilla had a preference setting where you could check and uncheck categories you want to see. You can click and only see a particular category, but no way to do a custom multi-category view (that I know of).

• @raindog go to http://www.lowendtalk.com/categories/all and then click "unfollow" at the categories you don't want to see. Without that feature my suggestion wouldn't make any sense

• RootNerdsRootNerds Member, Host Rep

Nooo, @gsrdgrdghd it looses all the fun if you try to moderate this here in any possible way. That's the thing which makes LET different...

• @RootNerds said: Nooo, @gsrdgrdghd it looses all the fun if you try to moderate this here in any possible way

How is that moderation? Just making people use certain categories for certain threads isn't moderation in any way. It wouldn't change anything for the people that want to post/see them.

• @gsrdgrdghd <-pssst! They don't like change here!

• RootNerdsRootNerds Member, Host Rep

@gsrdgrdghd: It was some kind of joking :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@gsrdgrdghd - thanks