Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who would be interested? Hostbill
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who would be interested? Hostbill

NickONickO Member
edited December 2012 in General

I'm thinking about start offering Hostbill as an addon for $7/month for my clients.

I may hold it off until I open reseller hosting but what do you guys think about this idea as you can no longer order Hostbill monthly?

Comments

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@NickO said: I'm thinking about start offering Hostbill as an addon for $7/month for my clients.

That would be good, but surely you'd be making a loss? Heh, I'd probably buy one. I am a HostBill fan.

• NickONickO Member
    edited December 2012

@dominicl said: That would be good, but surely you'd be making a loss? Heh, I'd probably buy one. I am a HostBill fan.

I can get them cheaper as long as they're hosted on one of my IP's so it would be as an addon only.

• @Jack said: @NickO You should offer the option for an extra $5 of a GRE tunnel to a server of the client's choice as not many people like hosting in a shared environment.

If there was enough interest, I would look into it.
    The main idea here is to just offer it as an addon for someone looking for a cheap billing solution with a Reseller Package but of course there would be no problems with offering it on VPS as well.

• I thought HostBill killed off the reseller program?

• @LV_Matt said: I thought HostBill killed off the reseller program?

For new clients.

• @NickO

What about Hostbill with my own products?

• @taronyu said: What about Hostbill with my own products?

Has to be on an IP within our network.

• @NickO said: For new clients.

For existing too, they killed off ours. I have been a client with them since 2010.

@NickO said: I can get them cheaper as long as they're hosted on one of my IP's so it would be as an addon only.

I'd probably pick one up myself if they're not cancelling the reseller program...
    :)

• You can't resell hostbill. Even if you have owned license. You are going to violate their tos.

• @Taz

Wrong. We currently offer hostbill license (monthly) with our reseller program also. The license can be hosted on the reseller's IP.

This was cleared with the CEO of the company.

• I am pretty sure licensecube weren't allowed to resell.

• @Taz - you're missing the point. The license they're reselling is an internal license.

LicenseCube sells external, not internal licensing.

This seems interesting....
    If some places are selling HostBill at a monthly cost I might take a look around!

I am a big HostBill fan. If it means moving the website, so be it. I'm not happy with my current host anyway.

• @MrObvious

Correct, the main purpose is to allow the reseller to automatically provision orders & invoice/bill their customers. Also allows resellers to pool resources

• How can you claim something internal if you don't have your own pi space?

@Taz said: How can you claim something internal if you don't have your own pi space?

I'm presuming they can get them from their datacenter or something...

• @Taz

The license is ours, therefore it is internal.

• @stylexnetworks said: The license is ours, therefore it is internal.

how much for Hostbill ?

• @tommy

$15/mo, has to be purchased with our reseller program.

• Hey,

Yes, it's still all good and working fine. I'll start offering it with plans later today for $7/month.