Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has the Mayan calendar destroyed the world yet?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has the Mayan calendar destroyed the world yet?

novaflashnovaflash Member
edited December 2012 in General

I've been hearing a lot about this lately. Perhaps this will allay your fears.

http://hasthemayancalendardestroyedtheworldyet.com/

Comments

• Crazy collider is running a risk of doing something stupid. But, that's not my opinion as what they are up to is beyond my interest and knowledge. Just relaying the fears and phobias of others.

I'd think we'd concern ourselves with curing the obvious ailments, creating a sustainable world, making resources available and cherished, etc. FIRST.

All these enormous, and odd projects trying to find random blips or starts of this instance of the VPS of reality. What a monumental waste when billions go hungry and when poverty permeates the air.

• But if the Mayan calendar won't kill us all, what will happen to the End of the World sales I'm looking forward to?

• :) End of the world sales. That's funny.

Hopefully the local grocer offers a special on toilet paper and alcohol.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

• Bizzaro has some FUNNY pieces!

• whyarethosedomainsolongilosecountofhowmanyletterstheyhave.net

• @Ishaq well we know that the count is <= 63, i guess that's sufficient as an approximation

• emgemg Veteran

NASA has a video intended for 22 December 2012. It is cleverly titled, "Why the World Didn't End Yesterday". You can view it now at:

• darknessendsdarknessends Member
    edited December 2012

pay-for-server-if-you-stay-alive.net? - great work

• @emg said: NASA has a video intended for 22 December 2012. It is cleverly titled, "Why the World Didn't End Yesterday". You can view it now at:

The joke'll be on them if the world does end, lol.

• jhjh Member

I'm curious to know how their website updates when the word does end.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Due date: 21 December 2012.

End of Contract 21 Dec.. :))

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@DewlanceVPS said: Due date: 21 December 2012.

End of Contract 21 Dec.. :))

Finally, the secret of the Mayan predictions revealed! The world will end when Dewlances AutoBoot (tm) stops working, as there's noone to boot the world back up!

• Mayan fantasy = Montezuma's revenge

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@pubcrawler said: making resources available and cherished

I cherish petrol.

• :) Petrol bombs for all.

Wonder if the Mayans knew about autoboot? They must have. This wasn't their first calendar.

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited December 2012

Would be funnier if they used a Mayan calendar instead of a Aztec Sun stone in the comic.

• @pubcrawler said: Wonder if the Mayans knew about autoboot?

Has Dewlance existed for that long? Wow.

• @pubcrawler said: Crazy collider is running a risk of doing something stupid. But, that's not my opinion as what they are up to is beyond my interest and knowledge. Just relaying the fears and phobias of others.

Why would you want to comment on something you have absolutely no idea about?

@pubcrawler said: I'd think we'd concern ourselves with curing the obvious ailments, creating a sustainable world, making resources available and cherished, etc. FIRST.

Yeah, let's do that. While we're at it, let's end all the wars. Let's win the war on drugs. Let's stop all the crimes. Let's kill all those terrorists, mmkay?

Science would never evolve if it depended on things and concepts which have nothing to do with it. With the help of science we can create a better world, a sustainable world, a world without hunger, etc.

@pubcrawler said: All these enormous, and odd projects trying to find random blips or starts of this instance of the VPS of reality. What a monumental waste when billions go hungry and when poverty permeates the air.

• Science hasn't done much @heiska for hunger.

GMO crops just kill the soil, cause human health distress and dependency on more petrol based goods the farmers can't afford. The only reason why more folks aren't starving is due to petroleum and shipping stuff everywhere. Not much fresh to each in the Northern Hemisphere this time of year :)

War on drugs sucks. Biggest farce ever. Here in the United States, we have never ending wars. Too many of them seem to be on the citizens (refer to drugs).

Science has it's place, but it's not the savior or even the solution. We are starting to see net negative massive effects from technology eliminating hordes of jobs. Folks like Apple most notably are talking about bringing manufacturing back to the US, but will be high robot'ized.

Beyond that, traditional sciences have yielded little that we truly need. All the money we through are cancer, AIDS, et. al. as "research" is enough to fund many countries each year. It's basically welfare for "academics".

Science isn't the solution like everyone being a coal miner isn't a solution. Problem is there is well defined need for energy (coal), while technology, not so much. Most of what we see as tech components are the same handful of monopoly cartels. Wish it weren't so.

In general though, @heiska, we do agree. :)

• @pubcrawler said: Science hasn't done much for hunger.

I lol'd

• Actually was wondering... why didn't they predict their own demise? Or they have and migrated somewhere else?

• @pubcrawler said: Wonder if the Mayans knew about autoboot? They must have.

uh.. now don't tell me dewlance uses Mayan hardware also...

@gubbyte said: The joke'll be on them if the world does end, lol.

but who'll be there to share the joke? :)

i'm more concerned on the few yearly offers of LEB's i've grabbed recently... if i'm not [able] to use the LEB's who'll use it? and if the providers.... then who'll be the next provider...
    oh.. so much confusion... :P

i wish some providers start offering 'MayanProof' LEBs :D

• I would like to offer some VM, but im reseller, so i cant, about the Mayan, i dont think the world is going to end, why? because santa has to bring me my guitar hero :P, so if the world end, ill be very dissapointed.

• It's disappointing that people are actually counting...

• @gsrdgrdghd,

Science hasn't done much for hunger. It's some urban myth perpetuated by the petrol/seed/GMO conglomerate pretending otherwise to sell their ill sh!t.

What are we going to claim science has done for hunger, truly? Higher yields per acre? No that is an artifact of large corporate farming, consolidation and elimination of family and hobby farms. Higher yields are about 90%+ related to high energy inputs of petroleum and it's derivatives. Products are typically inferior. More yield, no nutrients other than PNK and pesticides.

Higher yields are entirely possible and proven through sustainable land use and organic styles of farming, which require low impact human inputs, like hands and time, something corporations couldn't careless about. Long term lower input systems like permaculture are capable of higher and better yields, but not suitable for industrialized crop row harvesting and mechanization.

(Fact is, most mechanized crops shouldn't be eaten by humans as they are source of much distress in the body -- corn, soybeans and wheat. They happen to be exactly what government subsidies pay farms to regulate the production of, thereby creating artificial scarcity and fake demand and driving common food stuffs up significantly)

Science has done things like nearly indefinite shelf life, see Twinkies. But does so with no nutritional value. You could just eat plastic and down it with some petrol and corn syrup and be about even. Ditto for McDonald's and their food that decays are record slow speed (Supersize Me).