Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap High storage VPS Wanted
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap High storage VPS Wanted

Looking for a centos 6 VPS for a good deal, very low budget to start with. May increase if I sell memberships.

RAM: 1GB - 2GB ?
Storage: 2TB - 3TB (3 if possible, but 2 is fine to start with)
Bandwidth: 4TB - 5TB
Speed: 100Mbit - 1Gbit

Not running a huge website, mostly just giving people links to files on my server and they direct download it. Simple enough right? But I have a low budget, so give me some numbers to work with and see what it will cost me.

Thanks!

Comments

• Tell us your budget?

• i have one with @time4vps and been running pretty good.

recommended!

Thanked by 1bentheman96
  • bentheman96bentheman96 Member
    edited October 2015

@Hidden_Refuge said:
    Tell us your budget?

Less than $30 to start?

• @bentheman96 said:
    Less than $30 to start?

That should be something providers here can work with. Just wait a bit and you are probably going to get some good offers.

• @Chalipa said:
    i have one with time4vps and been running pretty good.

recommended!

They do look good! 2TB for 7.99 Eur? That's great!

has anyone done a review on them yet or have feedback about them?

• most of the people having good service from the providers don't bother to write reviews, and when they have minor problem they run at 180km/h and start bashing the providers.

• @Chalipa said:
    most of the people having good service from the providers don't bother to write reviews, and when they have minor problem they run at 180km/h and start bashing the providers.

Does the VPS come with Centos 6? or Ubuntu?

• Time4vps has a good reputation here and are supposed to be very reliable. You will not get a better deal for that price. And if I am not wrong, you can install Centos or Ubuntu, which ever u want.

Thanked by 1bentheman96
  • go with ( ZXPlay , time4vps ) both at the same time.

• @bentheman96 said:
    Looking for a centos 6 VPS for a good deal, very low budget to start with. May increase if I sell memberships.

Not running a huge website, mostly just giving people links to files on my server and they direct download it. Simple enough right? But I have a low budget, so give me some numbers to work with and see what it will cost me.

Thanks!

Eu or US

• time4vps

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@Infinity can probably do something for you

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • MadMad Member
    edited October 2015

I can personally suggest you Backupsy.

They are some of the cheapest backup/storage VPS providers.

• I have a dedicated server from SOYOUSTART. It's about 2 days old and has until 28 days till it expire. It was bought for a school project which was cancelled so I am willing to transfer it ownership to anyone for a decent offer. The hardware specs is as followed.

Processor Intel Xeon E3 1225v2
    Cores/Threads 4 cores/ 4 threads
    Frequency 3.2 GHz+
    RAM 16GB DDR3
    Disks 2 x 2 TB SATA
    RAID Soft
    Network connection 1 Gbps
    Bandwidth 250 Mbps
    Traffic Unlimited
    IPv4 1
    IPv6 /64
    Anti-DDoS Included
    Failover IP 16 included and up to 128 as an option ( £1.69 excl. VAT /month/IP (or £2.03 incl. VAT) )
    Backup space 100 GB (included)/Up to 10 TB as an option.

Please send me a message if want any additional information about the server.

• I've filled up my 2tb time4vps with no issues.

With the exception of the single core limitation (I've asked support to consider raising it to 2 cores for the largest storage plans) and the absence of kernel fuse module, I see absolutely no drawbacks to these plans for sheer bang for buck.

Also, their openvz kernels are pretty up to date and they communicate maintenance and repair windows with sufficient notice.

• @vimalware said:
    I've filled up my 2tb time4vps with no issues.

With the exception of the single core limitation (I've asked support to consider raising it to 2 cores for the largest storage plans) and the absence of kernel fuse module, I see absolutely no drawbacks to these plans for sheer bang for buck.

Also, their openvz kernels are pretty up to date and they communicate maintenance and repair windows with sufficient notice.

What was their reply to you asking for a second CPU core? I got a 2TB from them and it was setup within 10 minutes which is fast for a VPS! LOL

But I see the 1 cpu core also a drawback right now. The 400Mbit/s to each vps independently is a good thing!

• bentheman96 said: it was setup within 10 minutes which is fast for a VPS!

No it's not

• bentheman96bentheman96 Member
    edited October 2015

@Frecyboy said:
    No it's not

I've bought 8 VPS so far, and that is the fastest so far. All the others took at least 1 hour. I was basing my statement on my experience.

• Lol , I've bought like 15 vps and all 1-5 minutes setup

• @bentheman96 said:

They have Ubuntu/debian templates too BTW. You can re-install and view the new root password under the Manage services page for your VPS.

Thanked by 1bentheman96
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@bentheman96 said:

Thanks!
    @bentheman96 said:
    Less than $30 to start?

SpeedyKVM.com can meet that, Storage Plan 3 has;

• 3.5GB RAM
    • 2 CPU
    • 2TB RAID 5 Space
    • 10TB transfer, 1gig port
    • $32/mo or $24/mo when paid annually, annual plans have a 72 hour refund guarantee.
  • VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep

@bentheman96 said:

Thanks!

We might be an option for you. If any questions, please don't hesitate to PM or contact our sales department. Use promo code TheVirpusChallenge for an additional 15% off.

Pure SSD line:
    4 1 GB 30 GB 3 TB $7/month

6 2 GB 60 GB 4 TB $15/month

8 4 GB 90 GB 5 TB $30/month

SSD-Cache Line:
    6 2 GB 100 GB 4 TB $10/month

8 4 GB 200 GB 5 TB $20/month

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited November 2015

take it in mind if you go with Incero the owner is an ass and extremely rude and un-polite also expect price changes randomly (see this on WHT too)

Go for a more reliable host like OVH or online.net

Thanked by 34n0nx SamP rokok
  • Okay so I went with time4vps.eu

When I first go it, speeds were amazing steady and good, like 30MB/s as expected.. But now when I do direct downloads from it, I get maybe 1MB/s (about 10mbit.) and that's really really bad. I submitted a ticket asking about it, but all they told me was "it's possible to be a IO limit of read/write"

Problem I have with that is, it was working just fine the first 5 days I paid for it. Fast download and upload.. now some more days later, it gets terrible. I'm not complaining about them, just that the speed isn't the way it should be, or was. I'd rather stick with them, and just get the speed fixed. But all they are currently giving is excuses and not actually saying "We've investigated this thoroughly and found you are transferring too much at once. Try only doing one download at a time" or "Our routers had an issued and we fixed it! try again now."

Get what I'm saying? Has any other customers of them had this issue yet with the speed starting really fast, then going down?

• bentheman96 said: But now when I do direct downloads from it, I get maybe 1MB/s (about 10mbit.) and that's really really bad. I submitted a ticket asking about it, but all they told me was "it's possible to be a IO limit of read/write"

I am not sure how much RAM you have, but create a test file stick it in the RAM disk and then point apache to the RAM disk, retry your download. That moves the issue away from the harddisk, if its still slow then start looking at network.

Maybe find someone else on their network and try to download/upload from them, then you can also determine whether its a local network or off-net issue.

Thanked by 2Rolter bersy
  • Hands down zxplay

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Where is Sherlock when we need him @gm2015?

• @bentheman96 said:
    Okay so I went with time4vps.eu

When I first go it, speeds were amazing steady and good, like 30MB/s as expected..

Are you in EU? I can max out my Kimsufi's 100M uplink to them.(10.5 MB/s from Gravelines, a stone's throw from UK).

Also, check 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' to ensure your CPU wasn't auto-throttled. (value of 'cpu MHz' should be 1897.750)