Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    3M Novec 7100 Fluid - Supplying up to 250KW per rack - Bitcoin Mining
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    3M Novec 7100 Fluid - Supplying up to 250KW per rack - Bitcoin Mining

    Comments

    • Sounds like bullshit. Why would anyone want to place such a thing in the republic of Georgia - they have daily multi hour power outages there.

      And why would anyone want 250KW to a single rack? 250KW for a single hour at a price of 5 cents per KWh would be $12500 per hour. And 5 cents per KWh is a very low price for Europe. Per month this is a $9 million electricity bill. If you can afford to pay a $9 million electricity bill per month you should be able to afford some extra space to split this monster to multiple racks.

      -

    • @rds100 said:
      Sounds like bullshit. Why would anyone want to place such a thing in the republic of Georgia - they have daily multi hour power outages there.

      And why would anyone want 250KW to a single rack? 250KW for a single hour at a price of 5 cents per KWh would be $12500 per hour. And 5 cents per KWh is a very low price for Europe. Per month this is a $9 million electricity bill. If you can afford to pay a $9 million electricity bill per month you should be able to afford some extra space to split this monster to multiple racks.

      i'm sorry but
      if 5cents/KWh, then one hour will be 250KW x 5cents/KWh = $12.5/hour or $9000/30day

      cmiiw

      Thanked by 3netomx rds100 BensDaMan
    • netomxnetomx Member, Moderator

      He's drunk

      Thanked by 1rds100
    • You are right, i am still sleeping. Not enough coffee.

      -

    • I am agree with the latter calculation and it is still expensive, imo.

      0% chance of trolling in posts.

    • WilliamWilliam Member, Provider

      rds100 said: And 5 cents per KWh is a very low price for Europe

      Yea, but Iceland is same/cheaper and easier to import (being EFTA and all) - Space probably costs the same, BW is negligible for mining and you don't have to worry that the Russians at one point start to bomb your DC or the power plant that supplies Tiflis...

    • erkin said: I am agree with the latter calculation and it is still expensive, imo.

      But they are not selling low-end VPS here. They are doing ASIC mining of bitcoins.
      Thus they compete with other ASIC miners, and they've got to differentiate based on cost-efficiency of their mining. After all, they can't just claim to have better support or DDoS protection or some other dubious benefit that would get people to buy from them rather than the competition.

      Cooling has cost. You need fans (that consume electricity) and ducts (that cost money), and more fans. Apparently, immersion cooling with Novec saves costs (which is surprising, usually 3M engineered fluids are extremely expensive).

      And while heat removal with evaporation seems intuitively "cheap", the vapor has to condense somewhere. And that place must be cooled. With fans or pumps.

    • a bit annoying that bitcoin is so speculative. :(

      (((o(゚▽゚)o))) If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy. (((o(゚▽゚)o)))

      ヽ(`Д´)ノ Everyone should run Tor on their idle servers.

    • WilliamWilliam Member, Provider

      singsing said: Cooling has cost. You need fans (that consume electricity) and ducts (that cost money), and more fans. Apparently, immersion cooling with Novec saves costs (which is surprising, usually 3M engineered fluids are extremely expensive).

      I still don't get it - Average temp in Tiflis/GE is ~13°C (i doubt you can get 40MW+ anywhere in GE outside Tiflis), Average temp in Reykjavik/IS is ~8°C, if even 1-2cent power difference causes them to move all equipment to a country with questionable security surely 5°C difference in yearly average temp should be factored in as well....

    Sign In or Register to comment.