Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolarVM Site Design
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolarVM Site Design

solarvmsolarvm Member
edited December 2012 in Providers

Hello!

I would like to have your feedback on our site. http://solarvm.com
For our site we use Wordpress, Livechat & Support system we use Kayako and for our VPS panel we use our own in house developed panel.

Please your feedback about our company & site!

Thanks

Comments

• eastoncheastonch Member
    edited December 2012

It's pretty!

Except..

The bottom, where you have hover effects on OpenVZ etc, make them centered, so they're not pushed in one corner.

Buff out content: http://solarvm.com/features/

http://solarvm.com/pricing/

You could make the FAQ "collapsable".

Apart from that, everything looks nice, :)

• The "Molengo" font looks a little blurry.

• I will take those tips in consideration! Thanks. I'll tell our site designer right away!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Very nice. As the resident iPad browser here, it looks flawless on my device of choice.

• This is a template on ThemeForest

• Yes it is, is there anything wrong with that?

• @solarvm said: Yes it is, is there anything wrong with that?

No, but it's already a template, so I thoughts are why get feedback on a template?

It might just be me

It's generally frowned upon. Template sites have a tendency to hint at laziness or not a lot of devotion to your product. It doesn't mean that is true, but it's a common "theme" in the community that publicly available themes come before dead pool. We spent good money to avoid that. Money we didn't have. It paid off.

• For the custom content that has been put in, the alignment for stuff like that. And it's always nice to hear what you can change to your company from experienced users.

• solarvmsolarvm Member
    edited December 2012

@jarland It sure isn't laziness, I'm not good at developing site templates and such. I rather stay focussed on coding our panel and maintaining the servers. As a starting company we still invested in an array of servers, Kayako support ($150 / mo) for 3 agents and many time in our panel.

I'm sure people will see we aren't lazy as we offer live support and even full phone support. Also that we don't use the generic WHMCS + SolusVM setup I see mostly around.

Oh I completely understand. I'm terrible at design. I just mean to warn you that it isn't well received. There's more than a few around here that would prefer a plain text website to a template.

• Looks good, but I think the server image looks a little clunky and out of place.

• I still think the similarity in name to SolusVM is confusing and misleading. Not to mention that the last thing you want is someone thinking of a competing product every time they see your brand name.

• @adly How is a VPS company competing with a control panel? I think most people can make the difference too.

• @solarvm said: @adly How is a VPS company competing with a control panel? I think most people can make the difference too.

Because you've also got your own control panel?

• @adly said: I still think the similarity in name to SolusVM is confusing and misleading. Not to mention that the last thing you want is someone thinking of a competing product every time they see your brand name.

You forgot a long time player in the industry, http://www.solarvps.com/

• I like it ;o

• Aw, such a pretty design why ruin it with customers from hackforums? :(

• @PhilND

We see that HackForums is a forum with many users looking for servers. We do not allow hacking at all on our servers though.

• Don't believe that to be honest, as far as I know HackForums is mostly full of kids hunting down cheap abuse tools(DDoS?) and fraudulent payments. Seems more like an get rich quick scheme to advertise there then see a lot of abuse flowing in

• Aye you may not allow hacking but... you're going to be in a world of pain advertising there.

• @Patrick

We have got already 5 customers from HackForums, and no abuse at all. With abuse I understand Phishing, CP, Malware and DDoS.
    No cases been reported yet, no DDoS too. (Max outgoing is 2MB/s now)
    If we get someone doing that, we'll suspend and ban them instantly.

• And we will surely consider to stop advertising there as you have gave me different good arguments to do so.

• All good. Just don't fancy providers on HF as if you google SolarVM, it comes up with HackForums so it isn't a good sight for legitimate customers

Good luck!

• As soon as you ban hf kiddy, get ready for the ping of death.

• @Taz
    Nowdays PoD isn't that effective :)

• Multi gbit flood works?

• @Taz
    It will probably, but we keep logs in our client area so if anyone DDoS I'll contact their ISP and the problem will be solved.

• Yeah. Ecatel.

• Nice layout. Don't like the icons at the bottom. Nice and simple panel.