Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New year's equipment clean-up
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New year's equipment clean-up

novaflashnovaflash Member
edited December 2012 in General

I don't know what to do with this so here it is. A company called CJ2 hosting in The Netherlands does co-location rack space hosting for some of my servers, and they're clearing out equipment. They take a crate of beer or a nice bottle of something or another as payment. This is 100% legit and they're good and reliable folks. I ran it through Google translate so it makes sense to you non dutchies. They operate from the datacenter in Groningen.

---- 4. End of Year Clearance! ----
We keep year-end clearance, there must be space in the workshop!
One or more of the following, you can pick up for a "nice" bid. And that may include a bottle or crate of something or another.

Are you in interested in one or more of the above, please contact us!
Edit: Err just realized I didn't add the contact info: [email protected] - they speak english. Their site is at http://www.cj2.nl/

Comments

• Those switches sure look good D:

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Too bad they're not closer, I'd mop their floor for a gigabit switch ;)

• novaflashnovaflash Member
    edited December 2012

@jarland, @asadhaider
    Yeah, those switches look nice. I just wouldn't know what to do with switches that big - it's not like I run a DC at home.

• @AsadHaider said: Those switches sure look good

The are 2U units, you can buy used cisco 29xx for $20 on ebay that are 1U and actually have ios and not CatOS

• Might be a good idea to take them a case of beer and a bottle of something harder and ship it all off to a reclimator to recover the precious metal content and write you a check

• JacobJacob Member
    edited December 2012

Yeah, the hardware is not worth much, if anything other then recycling.

• @novaflash sell it on ebay and make some buck.

• @miTgiB said: ship it all off to a reclimator to recover the precious metal content and write you a check

I was going to use those P3s to heat my house this winter

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited December 2012

Actually the P3s look good. Take the P3 MB out of the case, put an Atom MB in there, have a nice and low power dedi you could sell or use for something :) But shipping this internationally would be a killer.