Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Responses to 'Getting started' thread
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Responses to 'Getting started' thread

This discussion was created from comments split from: Getting started on LowEndTalk.

Comments

• Im not new

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2015

Any option to disable it for 'older' users ? Or to let user permanently disable this info ?

Edit: sorry, ok, didn't showed the 'X' until refresh.

• it works.

• @rokok said:
    Im not new

That's what I thought too, but when I saw what this post says I knew it was perfect. It's just one click to disable it permanently, but it's very useful for new users.

Think about all those new offers people post without reading the rules first, and all those "I'm new here" threads ...

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited October 2015

You can close with the x and it won't come back

EDIT: it does come back after login, you can block it with adblock: "lowendtalk.com##.DismissMessage.CasualMessage"

• @linuxthefish said:
    You can close with the x and it won't come back

EDIT: it does come back after login, you can block it with adblock: "lowendtalk.com##.DismissMessage.CasualMessage"

On mobile clicking the X makes it go away until you goto a thread and click home again. So basically it does nothing, and I'm iPhone so can't use Adblock

• @CFarence said:
    On mobile clicking the X makes it go away until you goto a thread and click home again. So basically it does nothing, and I'm iPhone so can't use Adblock

This is not the case for me on Safari. What browser are you using?

• @Brad said:

Chrome

• @CFarence said:

Try Safari? Ever since I dismissed it earlier today, I have yet to see it again.

• @Brad said:

Not a big fan of safari, a small annoyance isn't enough for me to make the switch. Plus I like having my bookmarks and other crap synced with my desktop and laptop.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited October 2015

The message can be up there all day long if it cuts down on the number of idiots who post offers without reading the rules.

• @Nekki said:
    The message can be up there all day long if it cuts down on the number of idiots who post offers without reading the rules.

I could limit it to the login page or something else. It doesn't have to be on the front page.

• @Nekki said:

Couldn't agree more.

• Nekki said: The message can be up there all day long if it cuts down on the number of idiots who post offers without reading the rules.

Idiots are going to post without reading the rules anyway, that's why they're idiots.

• @black said:
    Idiots are going to post without reading the rules anyway, that's why they're idiots.

From my time modding, a lot of idiots didn't actually know where the rules where, and missed the sticky. This at least is more obvious.

• It was a tiny bit annoying to see it everywhere but now that you moved it I guess it's fine. After login it does not appear again. Although I noticed that the dismiss X is missing now :S.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

It's ~the cluster~!